You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 26, 2016, 02:15:40 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Has anyone used's "name your own price"?  (Read 390 times)

Offline TriesteTopic starter

• Faerie Queen; Her Imperial Lubemajesty; Willing Victim
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: In the middle of Happily Ever After with a dark Prince Charming.
  • I am many things - dull is not one of them.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
Has anyone used's "name your own price"?
« on: November 24, 2009, 03:20:23 PM »
I need to fly down to see my family, and I'm trying to save money doing it. The lowest price I've found through the airlines directly and sites like (which I have used before with no problems) is about $230 per person (I need to fly two people, plus book a rental car and possibly a hotel, all for a budget of ideally about $500... yeah, I know, I'm a little crazy). $230 per person is not going to work very well for me, so I thought I would take a stab at using's service where you put in a bid and Priceline searches around to see if a carrier will accept your price. I'm figuring to myself, hey, it can't hurt to put in a bid of about $50 per ticket and see if they will accept that. Even if they call me and say "Hey, no airline will take $50, but we found this flight for $100 per person, how about that?" ... it'll still be pretty good.

However, I'm wary of giving them my credit card info and just letting them shop around with it. Has anyone used this service before? Has it been good? Bad?

*goes off to check out internet reviews, too*