A modern day setting, Where the supernatural, and mortals alike mingle and live side by side, the humans almost completely unaware. Magical creatures follow the mortal laws that are set up, so as not to draw attention to themselves, they also live by their own society's laws and customs. these laws basically adding up to, "Do not let mortals know of our existence".
There is a hierarchy to this society, Dragons, and dark ones are at the top, and everyone else at the bottom and in between. A rivalry between the dragons and the dark ones have been around for as long as anyone can remember, they both struggle to be the dominating race, and as such they both believe their race is the superior one.
Recently there has been a faction of beings, comprised up of Dark Ones, Wyverns, and a handful of other beings that are tired of the way things have always been. They seek to stop the war between the two races and bring a tentative peace to their world. This game will focus on this small faction of beings, who's work is seen as being almost sacrilegious to everyone else in their world.Country:
I wanted to start a group Rp, which would be based on both Katie MacAllister's Dark ones, and Dragon series. This will be a story of warring septs, scandal and of course the differences between these two species. As would be expected neither species likes the other, and this has escalated into an almost all out war.Characters:Dark ones:
Beings that are likened to vampires, but they are damned and cursed to be born without a soul. To save it, they have a "beloved" someone who was born as their mate, once they fully "connect" with their beloved, through a few rituals, their soul is redeemed, and they are bound together. Only in this way can a dark one redeem their soul.
Dark ones are very closely organized, if something happens, you can be sure that word will spread like wild fire. They tend to keep details about themselves private, and you will almost never see a dark one who is not very well off.
(I was searching for more information on them , because it has been a while since I've read any of the books, so I am rusty when it comes to information about them, and it seems like there will be a handbook, with all their information going up soon, I'll link it if it ever does come out.)
Beloveds and Dark ones have a very special bond, once bound a Dark one can only feed from their beloved, blood from anyone else is poison to them. And the Beloved will live as long as their Dark one, never aging.
So one cannot live without the other.
I'm changing the one cannot live without the other to...a dark one cannot live without their beloved...but if the dark one dies, the Beloved will continue to live...unprotected. And the Beloveds are usually something other than another Dark one...but I don't think they have to be something else.The seven steps of joining(between a Dark one and their Beloved):
1. Marking- when you can communicate with your partner without talking i.e reading each others minds. Also this can be done from any distance...any except the Akasha(purgatory) and the court of Divine blood(heaven)...But surprisingly it works in Abbadon(Hell).
2. Protection from afar-kinda self explanatory, but if I find a better explanation for it I'll update this.
3. Exchange of body fluids- This can be through spit, blood etc.
4. The Dark one entrusts their life to their mate, giving them the means of their destruction.
5. Second exchange of bodily fluids, again it could be any bodily fluids, blood, cum, etc.
6. When the Beloved to be helps the Dark one overcome his darker self.
7. A blood exchange , followed by a sacrifice the would be Beloved would have to make to offer something in recompense for the Dark ones soul.Dragons:
Dragons will have human forms, but can shift into their dragon bodies, usually in times of fierce emotion, and while in the throes of intercourse. There are 4 different dragon septs. Details about the dragons, and their septs can be found in the link below. [url=http://www.dragonsepts.com/dragon_handbook.php]http://www.dragonsepts.com/dragon_handbook.php
All septs have an element, the dragons, while not weakened by other elements, have a great distaste for elements that are not their own.
There are four dragon septs: the green dragons (thieves; element is water), the blue dragons (trackers; element is air), the red dragons (warriors; element is fire), and the silver dragons (healers; element is earth).
all dragons can breath fire, handle flame. But a wyverns flame is different than a regular dragons, it works almost like a purifying flame, although it is extremely deadly, the only one who can take and not be hurt by their flame is their mate, and being a mate is something the person is born with. A Wyverns mate can be a mate to any wyvern and is not strictly born to be with one.
For wyvern's, there will only be one per sept, everyone else would just be a part of the sept, which could include second in command, body guards...etc.
you can be either a dragon, or a dark one, although there are other creatures in both these book series, so if you really want to be something other than a dragon or a dark one, just pm me with your idea, I'll see if it will work. Basically:
this will be free form, so any ideas you have would be great, and if there are any of you with knowledge of the book series please feel free to impart some of that knowledge here
oh and you don't need to have read any of the books to play in this game:)We are currently in need of more Dark Ones! Please join, we would love to have you;)
~Attention anyone who is interested in joining the game~
We are in need of a few more Dark One characters to join the ranks within our group. But in the interest of being specific I am going to make a small(really small) list of what kind of Dark Ones we specifically need. The list will go from most needed to least needed at the moment.
- Militant Dark Ones - In other words Dark Ones who are focused on racial 'purity,' those who feel that they are the natural leaders, and as such are superior than any other 'other world', and 'human world' race. They are the main rivals to the Dragons, and the Coop who threaten this ideal.
This group believe it or not is not the antagonist in this game, but rather the norm, just as the Dragon side is. The antagonists of this game are the Co-Op.
- Rogue Dark Ones - The Antagonist's - They are comprised of those who do not wish to remain on the side of the Militant Dark Ones, so they join the Co-Op. They join for a vast number of reasons, some to stop the oncoming war they feel looming between the Dark Ones and the Dragons, some because they feel they will gain more by switching sides, and some because they are bound to the Demon Lord funding the Co-Op, and their experimentation's.