You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 10:37:09 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: MyBB to SMF conversion  (Read 700 times)

Offline Dim HonTopic starter

• The Horrible, Lovely Thing || The Sorcerer's Familiar || Not This || Sinners' Nadir || Desire of the Endless || More Dark In Me Than Bones || St. Fucking
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • The Aforementioned Darkness
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 19
MyBB to SMF conversion
« on: September 29, 2009, 02:59:33 PM »
Some of you know, I help run a writing circle for aspiring/new authors, and lately we got ourselves a problem. Lots of drama from a co-admin. She was our techno wizz, and before the drama kicked off converted our SMF forum to a MyBB forum. Now, I want to convert it back but I can't trust her to help. I have no idea what I have to do, so if anyone thinks they can explain it simply, please do so.   

Offline Vekseid

Re: MyBB to SMF conversion
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 07:54:28 PM »
Essentially, I believe you install a clean copy of SMF on the same database (with a different prefix, of course) and run this script:
http://download.simplemachines.org/?converters;software=mybbx

• The Horrible, Lovely Thing || The Sorcerer's Familiar || Not This || Sinners' Nadir || Desire of the Endless || More Dark In Me Than Bones || St. Fucking
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
Hacking Laws?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 08:38:38 PM »
Okay, thanks for that Veks. I was attempting to do that when the forum and sister-site had a massive 'crash'.

Turns out, all the files were deleted.

Now, the situation gets messy. I'm in the UK, the ex-admin/suspected-hacker is Belgium and the server of my forum is in the US. Which country's laws apply, and how can I get proof it was her? Do I need proof before bringing it to some sort of justice system? 

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 08:46:52 PM »
You would need to contact your host and ask them for any evidence, and/or a backup.

I'm not a lawyer and certainly have little idea as to how to pursue such matters in Belgium. Typically I would contact the ISP, but really I just have insaneparanoid security here >_>

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 08:51:50 PM »
I'll do that. The forum has already been recovered (lost a few days) but I didn't ask about looking for the culprit.

What a mess!