You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 26, 2016, 10:28:22 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Duel Weilded School Rampage  (Read 270 times)

Offline SabbyTopic starter

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Duel Weilded School Rampage
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 10:12:11 AM »
I find it telling that the newspaper account (SF Chronicle) doesn't mention video games at all.  The places that make a video game connection are - surprisingly - video game newsfeeds.

Offline Bliss

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 10:40:28 AM »
*points at Oniya's post* Yes, what she said. There wasn't a "video game connection" until the Gizmodo blogger said that it seemed video game-ish - and even then, didn't apparently make link to any specific video game.

One thing I noticed reading the comments on that particular link... those commenters spent a lot of energy deriding the undescribed sword as probably just being stainless steel and therefore brittle... so what? Even if it has a tendency to break if you whack it against a table, it's still edged steel. It'll slice into fleshy things just fine. :(

But yeah; all things considered, it definitely sounds more like a messed up kid just trying to hurt people with whatever tools and weaponry he had at hand, not like any kind of video game emulation at all.

Offline SabbyTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 10:47:06 AM »
As a long time GP reader, I've learnt that they post this stuff regardless, as most of it will get a video game spin on it somewhere else. Just trying to follow it, I guess.