This is just to let you know that I am seriously considering moving a game called the Shadows of St Utar from rpol over to here. Its looking more and more likely that this will happen.
The game has 12 players at the mo and I didn't envisage adding any more. However, there are a large number of NPCS, 4 of which are being played by another player. I'd be willing to relinquish more NPCs to interested parties provided that:-
1. They didn't mind plot spoilers and
2. They kept in-game knowledge away from other players.
Here is the game premise for those who don't know:-
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all of it's contents"
- H.P. Lovecraft
There are certain places that have power. Maybe they sit where ley lines cross, Maybe ancient preists once worshipped there, or maybe forces beyond our comprehension have touched them. Whatever the reason, these places harness energies that mankind has no real understanding of.
Now, power in itself is neither good nor evil, yet many have sought power in evil places, and many have used power for evil purposes.
Many do not realise that the use of such power attracts things, things that mankind should not be witness to.
The small village of St Utar is a gentle place with quaint little houses and quaint people. It is a place where time seems to stand still. A place of rest, of wild beauty, of lazy days ...
... It is also a place of mind numbing horror.
Welcome to the threshold. The veil between the illusion of a sane universe and the terrifying reality of what lies behind the shadows is about to be lifted. If you value your soul I suggest you turn back now and return to whatever city you came from.
This game is an age restricted game, since it may touch on explicit scenes and adult subjects such as sex, violence, drug abouse, etc. Only join this game if you are 21 years or over.
The game will use the Chaoism Call of Cthulhu system, but loads of help will be given to players not familiar with the system or genre, and emphasis will be on roleplaying rather than die rolling.
Lurkers are always welcome.
There are too many threads to go into all of the plots in detal but there are 3 main themes being played out at present:-
1. A colony of deep ones has awakened near a rock known as the Devil's stepping stone about a mile off-shore. A mysterious organisation is currently making plans to stop them from invading the village and corrupting it.
2. A dark young is prowling the local woods. It has killed one person and several other have seen it. Somewhere in the heart of these woods are some ancient druidic stones where a mysterious ritual known as "waking the dragon" is thought to be taking place. Those that are aware of the stones have been searching for its location. Some have been scared off by the resident dark young.
3. A young girl has gone missing from her home under mysterious circumstances. There are several different groups searching for her and all have different reasons for doing so.