Ptolemy's roleplaying ideas.
These are some of the periods I like and know best.
- Classical antiquity (Romans, Greeks, Persians.)
- Early Middle Ages (Anglo-Saxons, Franks, Muslim invasions)
- Early modern times (The colonization of the New World, the birth of Nationalism.)
- World War 2
Fantasy and sci-fi:
- Lord of the Rings, the Silmarllion and the rest of the Legandarium. I am quite versed in all of them.
- The Warcraft Universe. I love it. It's funny, cartoony, but quite dark at times.
- Warhammer 40k. Who dosen't like big, BIG robots and pew pew things everywhere?
- A Waffen-SS commisioned officer finds a well-educated Jewish girl while being deployed to the Eastern Front. He saves her from being sent to a labour camp, and takes her to the front, hiding her true identity, and insisting she is actually German, and an operator at the HQ company. He takes her on a rough ride, and both learn from each other, and both slowly fall in love with each other. It would be a story of both redemption and realization, and also of great sacrifice, from both of them, that makes both of them think, maybe they aren't really that different?
- The Normans are coming! The Normans are coming! Run for the hills! A Norman nobleman, in the great invasion of Ingland, takes a Inglis woman as bounty, and tries to establish his place in the country. A story of court intrigue and the great injustices of medieval society.
- The SHTF. In other words, ZOMBIES! GAH! Lock your doors! Damn it, lock your doors! How will these co-workers/classmates/-DIY- work together and survive, and is there time for romance in this post-apocalyptic hellhole?