Right, so as you may have guessed, I am looking for a roleplay set in the universe of 2K games' interpretation of the late 1950s, as represented in their game, Bioshock. With this in mind, allow me to give the basic premise of the roleplay idea:
Two strangers meet, on New Year's Eve, 1958, in Rapture's Kashmir Restaurant.
All previous character traits aside, they come together and leave for the apartment
of one or the other before midnight. At midnight, chaos and revolution strike.
After this one night stand, the two wake up to see Rapture changed.
Together, they must deal with what they see and together they must survive and together they must escape.
In a way, this is to be a humanistic survival horror RP of sorts but, in part, it is also to be a romance. The focuses are to be on the emotions of the two characters and between them. Their relationship will almost move backwards, starting with a one night stand and being forced, by their experiences together, into the realms of co-dependence and romance. It's been observed that, in life-threatening situations, one becomes attached to those also experiencing such situations alongside you far more quickly than one might normally. Similarly, the human sex-drive is also upped in such situations as the body's selfish gene attempts to pass on its credentials as quickly as possible as death could occur at any moment. These more normal emotions and impulses will, in this roleplay, be mixed with the will to survive, the will to escape the hell the two have been plunged into and the moral dillema of how to do so - will the couple take the easy route out of Rapture and 'splice themselves up' to become more than human and more likely to survive while risking their sanity and health, or will they continue to tread the tightrope between abuse of ADAM and use of it that seperated them from the Splicers in the first place?
That will be for us to decide during the roleplay.
Now you've got an idea of what I want from this roleplay, let me explain what I'd like from a writing partner for it:
- Most importantly, fantastic ability to write. I am aware that, in these two posts, I may not have provided much evidence of my having such abilities but, well, it's been so long since I've really felt intimidated by anyone else's writing. I don't want only to feel equalled. That's the bare minimum. I want to feel dwarfed in terms of writing - that's the only way I improve. Sorry to seem elitist but I am an elitist. I am hugely unlikely to settle for anything less than the best I can get, so I am not going to be choosing partners out of those who apply on a 'first-come-first-served' basis. I will be choosing the cream of the crop and I will wait for it if necessary.
- Preferably female in terms of real life gender. I would be playing the male in this couple and I would hope that you may have gathered you'd be playing the female. Apart from this, I don't mind overly much what the character is like, so long as you play her well. I want the two characters to seem real. I want this roleplay to let them come alive.
- Some knowledge of the setting itself would be nice but a willingness to learn is just as good! I'd like to say I've given the basics of the setting in the first post anyway, right?
- Friendliness OOC is a bonus.
- Sharing On's (as featured in my On's and Off's page, linked in my signature) is also a BIG bonus.
- Look at the links in my signature for more information about me, how I play, what I play and why. My likes and dislikes - the works. It's all there.
Without further ado, I'll hand over to you and hope that someone takes me up on this offer.
Thank you for listening. Please bump this thread if you liked what it contained and, if you are interested in applying to partner up with me to write it, send me a PM AND bump the thread. Thank you very much.