You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 01:46:22 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Lost is Great.... but what Next??  (Read 496 times)

Offline JesterTopic starter

Lost is Great.... but what Next??
« on: May 28, 2009, 10:05:23 AM »
I like Lost. I like the attractive cast and the suspension.

What else should me and SO watch next? I like the look of 24 but would Heroes be better? I like the look of that Cheerleader!

All suggestions welcome.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Lost is Great.... but what Next??
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 12:24:51 PM »
Are you looking for an up-and-coming series, or something that's already established?  'Burn Notice' (on USA) has a lot of suspense, good setting (Miami) and a good cast (Bruce 'I'm not Ash' Campbell as a sidekick, and the guys here find Fiona really easy on the eyes ;)).  For up-and-coming, I'm personally intrigued by Sci-Fi's 'Warehouse 13' - assuming they don't get something good started only to drop it.

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 01:03:19 PM »
ooooh Burn Notice looks good and so does Fiona.

is it on DVD?

so do you guys get any english programmes? if you say you get eastenders i might kill myself. but doctor who and some stuff is quite good.

Offline Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 01:57:51 PM »
I think Burn Notice's first season might be on DVD - they're entering third season over here.  We get BBC America on our satellite, and both Doctor Who and Torchwood are favorites.

Offline The Overlord

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 02:42:03 PM »

TV Schmeevee...sign up for one good MMO and you'll be considering kicking your TV to the curb.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 04:52:34 PM »
Unfortunately my SO likes to cuddle on the couch.

We hav just purchased two 2 seaters yet we still have to sit on the same couch!! So i think MMO might be the end of our realtionship.

Glad you like Doctor Who. Not quite "got" torchwood yet.

SO Oniya do you recommend Heroes?

Offline Oniya

• Oracle
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 07:54:28 PM »
I've never actually watched Heroes - or Lost for that matter, despite once having an RP idea that people told me was like it.

Offline consortium11

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 08:57:45 PM »
Heroes is pretty hit and miss. The first series was good but since then it's gone a bit off the tracks. The plot lines got confused and some of the characterisation had fallen a bit flat... and their recycling of mainstream comic stories has become more blatant. It's worth a watch but I wouldn't recommend it as "must see" tv.

A good recent UK show was "Being Human". They only got six episodes out of it (so far... I imagine it'll get a second series with ease) but it was a nice combination of light horror, comedy and drama.

Offline Rhapsody

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 09:04:06 PM »
I recommend Season 1 and the last half of Season 3 of Heroes.  Season 2 started out alright, but due to the writer's strike and some truly shitty writing, quickly degenerated into absolute trash until midway through Season 3.  The last half of Season 3 started to see some of the old first season magic of Heroes back again since a few of the writers from Season 1 came back on board, even though a lot of it was retconning and fixing the fuck-ups of Season 2-3.5.

I'd recommend checking out Sanctuary (13 episode show so far that was born from a webcast, believe it not, due to come back for Season 2 soon). I'd also recommend Fringe -- it got a bit lackluster towards the middle of the season, but they went out so goddamn strong in the season finale that I'm actually itching for the new season to start up again. 

Also, if you can get through the first Fox-run episodes of Dollhouse, which is Joss Whedon's new baby, the last 7 episodes of the first season are asskickingly good.  If you're a fan of Whedon's work, you'll get to see a lot of old faces from Buffy and Firefly, and who doesn't like a little Helo in their day?

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 03:03:29 AM »
Ok thanks guys.

How about Sopranos? I watched the first series and enjoyed that.

Offline Tom

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 06:21:00 AM »
Sopranos is hands-down the best drama series ever produced for TV. I would also like to suggest Mad Men which I think appeals to both men and women alike.

Offline Maeven

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 07:38:13 AM »
Dexter (Showtime) and Rome (HBO) -- both are on DVD.  Both are really, really great.