Occupation: Engineer & Crystal Technologist
Hobby: Inventor & Explorer/Adventurer
Appearance: 6’2; nearly waist-long, straight, black hair (usually tied back into a ponytail); grey eyes; very fit, muscular physique; doesn’t shave regularly and consequently has frequent heavy stubble; small hoop earring in right earlobe
Nature/Personality: Focussed, Independent, Leader, Loyal, Dreamer
Siegfried has a tendency to fixate on whatever task is at hand to the point that one may have to yell just to draw his attention. Bear in mind, the “task at hand” is very likely one of Siegfried’s own interest and choosing, and not the job that has been assigned. He is loyal though and the best damn engineer you’ll meet, even if he doesn’t look the way one would expect from his tech-head reputation and career. If you want something made, Siegfried will make it better than anyone. The trick is convincing him to work for you.
More than anything, Siegfried is an independent spirit. He’ll work with you if you happen to be on the same road as him, but try to slow him down at all and he’ll walk away, unless he owes you. Siegfried never leaves a debt unpaid, and consequently tries to indebt himself as little as humanly possible. Oddly enough though, Siegfried enjoys being in charge. He will only ask for help if absolutely needed, but offer help and he’ll gladly put you to work. These qualities make him both a dream come true and a nightmare as a chief engineer. He’ll get the job that is needed done, even if it means totally ignoring the captain at times. One thing people quickly learn about Siegfried is that he never gives up, ever.
As pragmatic and analytical as Siegfried’s mechanically bent mind is, he has the heart of a dreamer. He constantly tinkers with new inventions in his spare time, most with the intent to help people (some just for the fun or challenge of it). These can range from an improved prosthetic limb, to better methods of transportation, to new forms of defensive tools (or on occasion just a new way to blow stuff up for fun).
- Heavy leather vest
- Reinforced pants
- Ankle boots
- Wide kidney belt
- Thick belt with large, round, steel buckle
- Thick steel vambraces and greaves
- Custom made sabre “Gear Cutter”
- Several small crystal explosives
- Belt pouches containing various tools, work gloves, screws, nuts, washers, small energy crystals, and various other supplies needed for doing jobs ranging from field repairs on equipment to inventing new gadgets (provided he can find enough scrap metal)
- Machine Affinity (can “feel” when something is wrong with a machine - great for working out "bugs")
- Sense Magic (useful for finding power sources, or for knowing when overly religious tech haters are lurking around nearby)
- Technomancer (there is no real scientific explanation for how and why some of Siegfried’s inventions and mechanical improvements work, they just do. Most conclude that he must have some kind of magical ability when it comes to technology)