You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 02, 2016, 12:16:17 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Check this shit out.  (Read 348 times)

Offline StattickTopic starter

Check this shit out.
« on: April 24, 2009, 08:13:43 AM »
It's science. It's a physics paper that someone actually, really turned in... and it's a fun read too. Where's Trieste? Trieste needs to read this shit. If she hasn't seen it already. Also, the diagram has purple in it.

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~kovar/hall.html

Offline Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Check this shit out.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 08:21:28 AM »
I couldn't imagine that being college level but still entertaining.

Offline Mnemaxa

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 09:42:23 PM »
Do a search for 'The Gobstopper God'.  It's a thesis written at college level by a graduate.

It was the subject of much debate for about a year and a half in scholastic circles.  It is also, and I quote, "a bunch of shit I made up while looking at the baseball sized gobstopper sitting on my desk, in a attempt to prove that you don't need to actually know what the heck you are talking about to write a good thesis."

My friend wrote the thesis as what amounted to a joke, and it was rabidly fought over by members of faculty for some of the most prestigious universities.

Offline The Overlord

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 05:58:38 AM »

Got a good LOL over this one, passed it on to my brother who will appreciate it too. Hoping he'll send it to a good college friend who was a physics major, and from what I understand had a major meltdown scenario not unlike this.

Offline Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 08:16:42 AM »
From what I hear physics is a bitch to write a thesis on because they make you come up with some new theory. Unlike English where we get to take something old and work a new angle. My dad told me about an acquaintance of his who wrote his thesis on dark matter and a week before it was due science proved it and he had to scrap the whole thing.