It Started With a Dream. . . {F4M}

Started by Wasteland Seraph, September 13, 2022, 10:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wasteland Seraph

Hello there!

Welcome to my first ever RT

I know this is a little unconventional but quite literally, this premise started as a dream that I had. I woke up in the middle of the night and tried to write down everything I could remember. Sadly, it wasn’t as much as I had hoped, but I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since. I truly hope some beautiful soul will oblige me this!

Although, just fair warning, I have a lot going on throughout this week and next, however I really hoped to start the brainstorming process with someone as I feel there will probably be a good amount of world building that needs to be done before getting anything started. I tentatively must admit that I also haven’t written or roleplayed in a *very* long time, it took this dream to reawaken my muse, so please have patience with me as I find my voice again too.

For more about me, please refer to my O/O’s found in my signature

tags:: medieval, fantasy, romance, political, intrigue, story-driven

This is written in first person pov, but I prefer to rp in 3rd.
The dream went as such;

I emerged from the forest to see a castle in dwindling flames and thick smouldering smoke. The outer curtains, battlements, towers, all were crumbled and knights and peasants alike were searching amongst the rubble for survivors and dragging away the fallen. I attempted to approach one knight, to ask him where someone was, however he was too shell shocked to respond. Clutching a stone in my hand I glanced around through the swirling haze and saw whomst I was looking for sitting alone on the hillside just outside the ruined walls, still in his bloodstained armor. It was the King (who was played by Graham McTavish). I went to him, kneeled at his feet, yet he did not acknowledge me. I took up one of his hands in both of mine and whispered a hushed phrase. Without looking at me he began to recite a poem, one I unfortunately do not remember, save for it ending with something about the loyalty of a hound. I smiled weakly through my tears and told him, “yes Sire, that’s me” and kissed the back of his hand while apologizing for arriving too late. It was then that I knew who I was. A young sorceress that had been pawned to another kingdom, but still in my heart held all allegiance here. Finally he turned his head and looked me in the eye, I squeezed his hand and told him, “I can help you get your revenge”.

And then I woke up…

I know it may be a little trite, and based off some of my favorite settings (TES, GOT, Witcher, Outlander, etc.) it’s probably clear why I would dream of this. But I believe that leaves it wide open for adaptation and building upon. The possibilities are endless and we can create whatever we wish with it. So, if this bare-bones idea sparks something within you as it did me, please do not hesitate to reach out to me!

𝒮𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓅𝒽'𝓈 𝒪/𝒪'𝓈

𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔; 𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑐ℎ 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑖𝑓 𝐼 𝑜𝑤𝑒 𝑎 𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑝𝑜𝑛𝑠𝑒