DnD 5e Exotic-NC with extreme elements checking interest

Started by Robyn Hood, April 29, 2022, 11:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isengrad

I still say take a look at the Strixhaven initiate feat, you can get Wis Chromatic orb that way with a lower selection of cantrips.

original artwork by karabiner

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Isengrad on May 05, 2022, 03:05:26 PM
I still say take a look at the Strixhaven initiate feat, you can get Wis Chromatic orb that way with a lower selection of cantrips.

What book is that again?

One edit later - Found it. Don't have the book though. But it is the clear winner.

I think the only question is would it be allowed since this is from a campaign setting. But if it's vetoed I can live with Magic Initiate.

schnookums

Ugh, this is relevant to my interests but it seems pretty full already

Annaamarth

Quote from: schnookums on May 06, 2022, 06:42:26 AM
Ugh, this is relevant to my interests but it seems pretty full already
Pish and tosh, plant your interest flag.  Another player may end up dropping out or be considered less suitable for the game.
Ons/Offs

My sins are pride, wrath and lust.

Hexed

Ayup. No choices made and I think only 2 or 3 actual characters applied.

Hell knows it took me a while just to choose a build and I'm still fiddling on image. ^^

Chazy

Life is short. Live everyday as if it will be your last. For it may very well be.

FragarachZ

Is this open still? The setting caught my eye ^^
I wouldn't mind bringing some aasimar maiden that might share the goddess' ill fate . Divine soul sorcerer, paladin or maybe warlock who thinks she's a sorcerer or paladin but is whispered to by the ever-present?
Looks would be inspired by
Personalami's work
O&O

Laughing Hyena

Isengrad

Hopefully Robyn comes back soon, she has not been on since the second.

original artwork by karabiner

Robyn Hood

I'm here. Sorry life has eaten up a lot of time lately. Give me a moment to catch up...

Robyn Hood

Quote from: Hexed on May 04, 2022, 06:29:24 PM
With the nature of the setup how are you handling armor? Will it need fixing after the monster/foe digs the wearer out of it and has their way with them or is that just hand waved to speed things up?

Hit points in this game represent getting tired, losing armor, instead of a bite a monster might lick you, etc... but no mechanical difference because I don't want to make things complex. Someone with a mending spell or just having the knowledge to patch up your armor for roleplay purposes would be appreciated of course. Intelligent foes might make off with your stuff.

Robyn Hood

Quote from: Muse on May 04, 2022, 06:16:28 PM
Didn't Robyn talk about humans from a classical greece and rome type culture and an egyptian culture both taking shelter here?  Maybe a cleric of the Storm King on the Mountain, leader of the greater spirits of the north? :D 

That's right.

Robyn Hood

Okay. So it looks like there is some interest. Here is the list of people who responded. I don't think I can handle more than 6 so by order of responding this would be the players:

Crabmouse
Cirus
Muse - Aasimar elf!
Laughing Hyena - Jason Raptis
Zaer Darkwail - Laren Faldross
Annaamarth

And the rest:

Hexed
Isengrad
schnookums
Chazy
FragarachZ

I've not seen anything from Cirus or Crabmouse so I want to give them a couple of days to respond (since I've not been around either). I like the character sheet template by Zaer and Hyena if everyone else could use that. The only limitations are what is in the document and like the half-orc question if you aren't sure just ask me. Standard point buy for abilities and that's about it.

Two things. I was hoping for female characters but 1 or 2 male ones I think will be okay. Also this is going to be a game where monsters might suck out your life through sex or devour you. And although I'd like to accommodate this is something I want to be part of the game. If that makes you uncomfortable I'm sorry but its really what I want. The opening scenario is likely not to have much of this just to get a feel for how things should work. As this would be my first game running... ever.

I will give people to decide/respond by Sunday. Then I'll make a thread with the first post for character sheets. Then give me another day or two to look over backgrounds and come up with a starting story and we'll get playing.

Cirus

Cirus, checking in I am on board and ready to jet pack.
Are we living in a land, where Sex and Horror are the new Gods? -Frankie Goes to Hollywood

IC: New Orleans: House of the Rising Sun
O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

Muse

Still here and excited. 

Still playing a girl.  (A virgin even!) 

But I did switch to an elf, Robyn:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=341819.msg16175825#msg16175825

Wizard, becoming Bladesiner at level 2   
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Laughing Hyena

I'm here as well Robyn

PS - I prefer playing males for the enjoyment of the adult side but I can play a female character if needed. I can do do because I can enjoy writing lewd stuff. So in short I am flexible Robyn.

Hexed

Laughing Hyena

Cirus

Have we rolled characters? If so, what does the party need? Any rolled characters yet?
Are we living in a land, where Sex and Horror are the new Gods? -Frankie Goes to Hollywood

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Cirus on May 12, 2022, 06:39:08 PM
Have we rolled characters? If so, what does the party need? Any rolled characters yet?

We got only two chars with stats, my char is warlock (fiend).

Laughing Hyena

Cirus

Rolled her up using the perchance 5e generator. I trust the DM doth approve?

Mormed, a Female (FUTA) Half-Orc Ranger of that description passed through here. She is 6'1 tall & weighs 220 lbs.

Languages: "Common" "Orc" ""

Stats:
HP   10   ▤
Strength   14   2
Dexerity   15   2
Constitution   11   0
Intelligence   12   1
Wisdom   12   1
Charisma   6   -2

Saves:
Strength   2
Dexerity   4
Constitution   0
Intelligence   1
Wisdom           3
Charisma   -2
Armor: leather
Armor Class: 13

Melee Attack: Rapier +4 To Hit 1d8+2 Piercing Damage
Ranged Attack: Longbow +4 To Hit 1d8+2 Piercing Damage

Gear: explorer's pack, fine clothes, disguise kit, 10 stopped bottles filled with colored liquid, belt pouch containing 15 gp

Skill Proficiencies: Deception, Sleight of Hand, Perception, Animal Handling, Survival
Tool Proficiencies: Disguise Kit, Forgery Kit

Background: Charlatan
Personality Trait: Flattery is my preferred trick for getting what I want.
Ideal: Independence. I am a free spirit--no one tells me what to do. (Chaotic)
Bond: I come from a noble family, and one day I'll reclaim my lands and title from those who stole them from me.
Flaw: I hate to admit it and will hate myself for it, but I'll run and preserve my own hide if the going gets tough.

Racial Traits:
Darkvision
Menacing- You gain proficieney in the Intimidation skill.
Relentless Endurance- When you are reduced to O hit points but not killed outright. you can drop to 1 hit point instead. You can't use this feature again until you finish a long rest.
Savage Attacks- When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon attack, you can roll one of the weapon's damage dice one additional time and add it to the extra damage of lhe critical hit.

Class Abilities:
Favored Enemy: Giants You have advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track Giants, as well as on Intelligence checks to recall information about them. When you gain this feature, you also learn one language of your choice that is spoken by your favored enemies, if they speak one at all.
Natural Explorer: arctic- While traveling for an hour or more in your favored terrain, you gain the following benefits: Difticult terrain doesn't slow your group's travel. Your group can't become lost except by magical means. Even when you are engaged in another activity while traveling (such as foraging, navigating, or tracking), you remain alert to danger. If you are traveling alone, you can move stealthily at a normal pace. When you forage, you find twice as much food as you normally would. While tracking other creatures, you also learn their exact number, their sizes, and how long ago they passed through the area.

O & O's
Needs & Fantasies

Annaamarth

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 12, 2022, 06:49:26 PM
We got only two chars with stats, my char is warlock (fiend).
I posted my rough outline of a human rogue earlier, but here is a more complete writeup - and a switch from Soldier to Sailor.

Human (Variant) Rogue Sailor

Khunsu - called 'the Bold' by her comrades - is a sailor on one of the fast schooners who serve as Osle's coastguard and watch the seas of the safe-ish territory.

Further details of background to be determined later, pending final selection

Khunsu the Bold
Name: Khunsu ; Level: 1
Background: Soldier ; Alignment: Chaotic Good ;
Race: Human (Variant) ; Class: Rogue
Str: 8 ; Dex: 16 ; Con: 12 ; Int: 9 ; Wis: 12 ; Cha: 16
AC: 14 ; HD: 1d8 ; hp: 9 ; Speed: 30ft

-Proficiency-
Weapons: Simple weapons, Shortsword, Longsword, Rapier, Hand Crossbow
Tools: Thieves Tools, Water Vehicles, Navigator's Tools
Saving throw: Dexterity +7, Int +3
Skills: Acrobatics+5, Athletics+1, Intimidate +5, Investigation +1, Perception +3, Persuasion +7, Stealth +7
Armour: Light Armour

Languages: Common, Elven, Thieves Cant

-Feats-
Skulker

-Racial Traits-

• Ability Score Increase. +1 to Dexterity and +1 to Charisma (Variant Human used).
  • Age. Humans reach adulthood in their late teens and live less than a century.
  • Size. Humans vary wildly in height and build, from barely 5 feet to we'll over 6 feet tall. Regardless of your position in that range your size is Medium.
  • Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
  • Languages. You can read, speak, and write Common, and one extra language of your choice. Humans typically learn the languages of other people they deal with, including obscure dialects. They are fond of sprinkling their speech with words borrowed from other tongues: Orc curses, Elvish musical expressions, Dwarvish military phrases and so on.

-Class Features-

• Expertise. Double proficiency bonus for Stealth and Persuasion.
  • Sneak Attack.  Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or a ranged weapon.  You don’t need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn’t incapacitated, and you don’t have disadvantage on the attack roll.

-Background-

Sailor

Ship's Passage (Smuggler's Sense)

When needed, Khunsu can secure free passage on a sailing ship for herself and her companions. She might sail on the ship she served on, or another ship she has good relations with. Because she's calling in a favor, she can’t be certain of a schedule or route that will meet her every need and she and her companions will be expected to assist the crew during the voyage.

Osle Feature: Smuggler’s Sense

Khunsu is familiar with the docks of Osle, the movement of inspectors and tax collectors, the way cargo and coin flows. As a result, it’s easy for her to hustle a load of cargo ashore or see such a cargo onto a cooperative ship without attracting suspicion or taxation. She also knows the movements of the Oslean harbor guards and has a sense of how to operate any dockside machinery and equipment.

I wanted to lean on the pseudo-Egyptian or -Axumite culture with this character, so mercantilism and a strong naval tradition feel appropriate.

Here are some sample portraits, in case anybody wanted to weigh in - all with revealing clothing, those with obvious naughtybits tagged NSFW.

A

B

Clearly not Egyptian, but has light armour and a bow so that fits
C

D - NSFW

E and F would be 'Alessia' instead of 'Khunsu,' and would be a shift towards the northern spirit-worshipping culture.

E - NSFW

F
Ons/Offs

My sins are pride, wrath and lust.

Zaer Darkwail

With Khunsu would lean a combo of B and D (but note D does not show directly here, need copy-paste URL able to see the pic).