You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 23, 2016, 04:52:03 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

The Elliquian Herald & Post
October & November 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Museum Of Bad Art  (Read 624 times)

Offline MargueriteTopic starter

• Lifestyle Domme, Mistress, Queen of Sin/Debauchery, Eden's Stalker, Domina McSpanks
  • Lady
  • Carnite
  • "Now, ask me what I'm going to do to you."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Museum Of Bad Art
« on: April 01, 2009, 08:52:47 AM »
I want to go to this place now that I have read it on Wikipedia.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 08:56:14 AM by Marguerite »

Offline Avis habilis

Re: Museum Of Bad Art
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 12:20:01 PM »
If there's one thing Ed Wood taught me, it's keep doing what you love even if you're terrible at it. Looks like they've taken that lesson to heart.

Offline Indigo

• Sui Generis
  • Deverified
  • Enchanted
  • I am a law ønly for my kind, I am nø law før all.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 05:12:12 PM »
...I'm seriously fascinated by this!

Bad art now, who knows a hundred years from now, people might really dig this crazy stuff.  There is something fascinating about the grotesque and well, just 'bad'.

Great idea, I'm surprised it hasn't been done before now.

Offline The Overlord

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 04:49:21 AM »
Thing is, 'good' or 'bad' art is, to paraphrase Einstein, relative to the observer. A couple of the examples they have on that page, to be blunt, are better than some examples of 'good' art I've seen in actual national galleries.

There's a reason I butted heads over aesthetic ideology even with art instructors. Even the experts aren't necessarily experts in so diffuse and subjective a field; what it comes down to is what's 'accepted'.

Offline luna146

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 08:05:35 AM »
One place where I saw bad art was the Guggenheim museum's top three floors. top floor white canvas, next floor piece of marble that have some carvings in them, next floor wooden squares. After that the rest were good.

The museum of bad art was a good idea. Take in art no other museum will buy and show it off to the public. I might go one day to see how bad it really is now.

Offline Zadaris

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 11:44:31 AM »
Every genius goes unrecognized in there own time, but how much time (and drugs) will people need to think this art is good.

I'm only kidding of course. It's probably a case of so bad its good. Nonetheless it would be something I'd like to see, just for a few laughs even.

Offline doctorfunk85

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 01:44:41 PM »
I've been there before it's actually pretty cool.  If you make the trip to Boston to check it out i'd also recommend the ICA museum which focuses are architecture. Pretty cool place :)