The Deck of Many Things: a 5e adventure [M lf F character]

Started by Mister Ugly, March 13, 2021, 04:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Ugly

The mission had been a success for you and your group of adventuring buddies. The bad guy killed and treasure found. For a group of fairly new adventurers it felt great. You all had found a few uncommon magic items until someone uncovered the small gold and silver box. Opening it showed a deck of cards. Each heard a voice in their head 'YOU MUST CHOOSE HOW MANY CARDS YOU DRAW, WHEN THE LAST CARD IS DRAWN YOU WILL GAIN YOUR REWARDS'. There was a clear sense of bad things happening if that command was not obeyed. Eyes looked each other. Someone whispered "rewards huh!" Shaky hands drew the number of cards each had stated. You choose last, 2 cards seemed reasonable. The first pulled from the deck and turned was a serious looking sun that winked and then the card vanished. With held breath you drew the final card and turned it up... The cell door slammed...the last thing you remember was Donjon and then blackness....

Your heart thumped as you drew in a ragged breath of stale air filled with brimstone and sulfur and other odors. You laid face down and naked on a stone floor trying to make sense of what had happened when suddenly it felt as if the sun itself poured into you. Your mind and body felt on fire as both changed. And something formed under you now gripped by one of your hands.

Hello, if the opening caught attention, I am sure you want to know more. So the idea is that low level character [around 2-3]  drew the
Donjon
Donjon. You disappear and become entombed in a
state of suspended animation in an extradimensional
sphere. Everything you were wearing and carrying
stays behind in the space you occupied when you
disappeared. You remain imprisoned until you are found
and removed from the sphere. You can't be located by
any divination magic, but a wish spell can reveal the
location of your prison. You draw no more cards.
from a deck of many things. They had also drawn the
Sun
Sun. You gain 50,000 XP, and a wondrous item (which
the DM determines randomly) appears in your hands.
card but its effects would not apply until your character was freed.

The adventure starts with your character naked face down on a stone floor with something now in your hands. As an extra this will all take place [at least for a while] in the City of Doors; Sigil.

I am limiting races to the PHB. Classes as well but we can discuss classes from other sources as long as i can have access to them.

MU

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

Mister Ugly

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
Albert Einstein

Lynnie

Kinda into this. I love the Deck of Many Things and 5e is my jam.

Mister Ugly

Albert Einstein

Mister Ugly

Albert Einstein

Mister Ugly

Albert Einstein