News:

De Mulieribus Claris - [EX]
Congratulations RedPhoenix & oldedog for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Question regarding Spoiler’s and coding

Started by SinfullyShy, January 05, 2021, 11:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinfullyShy

I was wondering if there was a more attractive option for spoilers/drop down menus? I was thinking of re-working my plots & ideas request thread and was just wondering if there is a more visually appealing type of drop down menu/spoiler

Open Me
I guess I don’t like the way the button looks? Any alternate ideas.
"It's not enough. I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy.I said, I don't want it. I just need it. To breathe, To feel, to know I'm alive. " - Tool

ON's & OFF's | Plots & Ideas
| Abscences & Apologies

Chasing Dreams

You can make the spoilers look like the following:

Open Me
What do you think about this?

I'm not sure if there's anything else that can be done to change the look of it. Maybe someone else would know.
Selectively Available for NEW stories.
Status ⋮ Around here somewhere.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 
Posting Order (Click to see.)

Thank you Amaris for the beautiful signature!

Andronica

Hey CS,

If I can piggy back on this thread, is there a link to additional BBcode options including what you put into the spoiler? I couldn't find it with a search in Tutorials or on the BBcode site linked in the Help section.

Endorphin

Spoilers are inherently styled according to the CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) of the theme you are using. There's a default style, which is then superseded by the theme, if applicable. So, altering the theme will often change the color and minor features of the button along with everything else.

There are a few limited options you can use to amend spoilers just like other BBCode. Examples are height, width and title, where: height='#pixels', width='#pixels' and title='Whatever Label You Want'. You can also position the button for the spoiler anywhere you want just like any other element.

Whatever Label You Want

I just tried playing around with the tags but wasn't able to produce any other change (such as making it an image or changing the style) or nest spoiler codes with others. However, you can insert whatever content you wish inside the spoiler tags, including; links, images, styles, whatever. Quoting this post will reveal the necessary BBCode.
"The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" - Marquis de Sade

Nymphadora

Well, my mind is officially delighted by these customizations I did not know were possible!
Thanks Chasing Dreams and Endorphin!
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Endorphin

You're very welcome Nymphadora. The options are limited when you're calling a function (show/hide in this instance) but they're handy nonetheless.

In case you aren't already aware, you can also style images in the same fashion. I'll demonstrate by nesting the styled images within a spoiler, as follows:

Example of Images with a 'height' style applied

By simply modifying the height of the image tag, you can get them to line-up nice and pretty in whatever height you would like to display them - which makes a big difference when displaying multiple images in a row. Clicking on the image will display them in their raw form.

If anybody would like assistance, I'm more than happy to help. ;D
"The imagination is the spur of delights... all depends upon it, it is the mainspring of everything; now, is it not by means of the imagination one knows joy? Is it not of the imagination that the sharpest pleasures arise?" - Marquis de Sade

Nymphadora

Quote from: Endorphin on January 06, 2021, 04:21:30 PM
You're very welcome Nymphadora. The options are limited when you're calling a function (show/hide in this instance) but they're handy nonetheless.

In case you aren't already aware, you can also style images in the same fashion. I'll demonstrate by nesting the styled images within a spoiler, as follows:

Example of Images with a 'height' style applied

By simply modifying the height of the image tag, you can get them to line-up nice and pretty in whatever height you would like to display them - which makes a big difference when displaying multiple images in a row. Clicking on the image will display them in their raw form.

If anybody would like assistance, I'm more than happy to help. ;D

Thanks again. The images I did know about because it satisfies my organisationing fetish but always appreciate a helpful person.  ;D
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

SinfullyShy

Hey guys! Thank you so much for answering, that helps a lot! I was just wondering because I was thinking of placing each one of my stories under a spoiler instead of having all my stories under only one spoiler!
"It's not enough. I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy.I said, I don't want it. I just need it. To breathe, To feel, to know I'm alive. " - Tool

ON's & OFF's | Plots & Ideas
| Abscences & Apologies

Endorphin

I think that's a great idea. Just so you know, you can also have Spoilers nested within Spoilers, like so:

Story Title

Let's put some interesting info here.

Character Details

Some more info here.

Images

Some images over here.

Oh, and here's a cool quote:

Quote from: SomebodyContaining a LINK if you want to include one.

And so on...

Enjoy!  ;D

RedPhoenix

This is really helpful, I never knew I had these options! :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red | Red Hot Thoughts
She trod on sacred ground, she screamed loud into the crowd, "I'm a Blackstar."