You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

August 12, 2022, 04:35:57 pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

For Josietta

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Leons Bargain Bin of RP Ideas (M LF Many, New and Improved Overhaul)  (Read 1427 times)

Online Leon WeberTopic starter

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • Fortunes Wheels Make Strange Revolutions
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1

Some Easy Listening For Both Returning and New Visitors

Heya everyone! For those who haven’t come across any of my little corners of E yet I’m Leon and recently for a variety of reasons I’ve decided to spruce up my primary request page in an attempt to centralize a lot of my ideas. Occasionally I’ll still post individual threads for new and very specific ideas but for the time I am attempting to combine all of my existing threads that I’m still interested in here on this thread rather than continuously bumping old and disparate threads.

As a side note I have completely overhauled my O/O’s  as my tastes and the things I am willing to explore have greatly changed since I came to E so if you’re someone who considered contacting me before but decided not to because of a difference in our tastes please go look at the updated O/O thread as a lot has changed with me over the past year and a half or so.

I will be dividing this thread up by Genre and listing specific prompts underneath and then after the specific prompts have been listed I will also list some general pairings that I am interested in. Also each genre of RPs will be put into a drop down menu for your ease otherwise this page would be like a mile long.

As an additional note, I am willing to play both male and female characters and I am not overly concerned with the IRL gender of my writing partner. Please reference my O/O page where I discuss what gender/types of characters I like to play alongside other characters.

As Usual Please Do Not Post In This Thread, Send Me A PM If You Are Interested!

Fantasy Desires
Fantasy Desires
Here I will go over all of my ideas and prompts for Fantasy Adventure scenarios mostly pertaining to Medieval Fantasy. Some of them can be subverted for other plot lines as well but in general they seem to fit best in a Medieval Fantasy setting.

The Grand Adventure
This is a generalized plot thread that focuses on all of the big Fantasy Story ideas that we know and love. That doesn’t mean that we can’t get specific with it of course, after all that would be the main idea behind it. In essence this is a plot that will require a great deal of brainstorming between the two of us and I would absolutely love to find someone interested in doing exactly that. Brainstorming a grand overarching fantasy story in which our characters will be the heroes (or villains maybe?). We can use a generic fantasy world for it and put not all that much thought into the world building or we can go full throttle and design a world around it, both ideas I am amenable too but mostly the latter of that as I love world building with a passion. Hell, if you want, you can leave most of the world building details to me and focus all your effort on your character and the story, but world building collaboration is always fun in my books.

As I mentioned this will involve all of the big fantasy tropes we love. The world will be faced with an existential threat, perhaps the sort of threat that might destroy the very fabric of reality as we know it, perhaps simply a massive change in the status quo of the world. Either way it is the sort of threat that will leave the world far different than it was when we started if the threat isn’t addressed. The Forces of Good must unite against the Forces Evil, or perhaps even the Forces of Evil must combine their strength with the noble and righteous to snuff out a threat. Armies gathering and fighting for their very survival, Dragons coming out of their caves to join the fray, perhaps even the Gods will join in on the fun in a direct way.

However I don’t want to start the story right away with existential threats and grand armies. Who are our characters? Why are they in the center of it all? How did they get there? Were they chosen? Or did they rise to the occasion of their own volition? These are all very important questions and I would rather answer them IC rather than adopt an in media res approach. The nature of our characters relationships is also of course completely up for discussion. Friends? Lovers? Enemies? Who they are at the start and what they become is something I am completely willing to work out on a case-by-case basis. Lets make a grand old tale!

The Down On Their Luck Couple
This plot thread was originally one I came up with for an Elder Scrolls Fandom specific plot, but it really fits in with any fantasy setting (or even a Sci-Fi one) and is one that I am really interested in playing out with someone. In this prompt our characters would already start out in a relationship, a marriage, and they would be down on their luck for one reason or another. Perhaps a famine or crop plague caused a bad crop and they’re at the end of their rope with no way to pay their yearly taxes or other debts they may have. Perhaps a war raged on for some time and led to their farm being burned to the ground and has left them with nothing, the point is they no longer have the ability to make ends meet. In order to try and turn their luck around they take every remaining penny they have and invest it in adventuring gear and take to the world. Offering their services as adventurers, problem solvers, sell swords, perhaps even thugs or enforcers for criminals, whatever it takes to put coins in their purse and do what needs to be done.

Beyond the obvious drama and action that can occur in their time as adventurers the nature and evolution of the relationship between the couple in question is also something worth considering. Was the spark of their marriage and love for one another dying out, and perhaps this new adventure brings the spark back? Or perhaps their marriage was doing well but the stress of their new life as adventurers starts driving a wedge between them? Causing them to fight and bicker more often? Either way portraying there as being trouble in paradise can add some interesting spice to the story.

Another way to make the story more interesting is perhaps to add another dynamic to their relationship, perhaps one that makes it difficult to get on in regular society. Perhaps they are an interracial couple (Human x Elf, Human x Orc etc) and perhaps such pairings are usually frowned upon by wider society making it harder for them to find work through regular channels and having to resort to seedy channels as well. Perhaps they have a run of bad luck while adventuring and the wife decides to turn to prostitution, with or without her husband’s knowledge. There are a lot of things we can do here to add lots of interesting sub plots to the story.

General Fantasy Pairings
Knight x Rogue: Always a fun dynamic to explore, especially if the rogue is prone to criminality.

Human Noble x Elven Noble: Trying to soothe Racial Tensions in an arranged marriage, or perhaps defying their families wishes because they love each other.

Noble x Commoner: Class divides, ever a thorn in the side

Knight/Noble x Prostitute: Never easy for a good and righteous man to be in love with a working girl, but the heart wants what it wants.

Enemy x Enemy: Love and Lust can sometimes come up from the strangest places.

Vampire x Righteous Woman: The dark things are sometimes the most beautiful aren’t they? But is it wise?

Historical Wonders
Historical Wonders
This section is dedicated to roleplays that take place during history, whether as part of real events or merely a historical time period. My range of interest in historical RP’s goes from the times of Ancient Rome and China all the way to the 1800s and Early 1900s. My strongest area of knowledge is from 300 BC to 1300 AD or thereabouts and mostly in Europe and the Middle East, but I am never against the idea of doing additional research and learning about new cultures and areas!

To Right A Wrong
This particular RP takes place in a very specific frame of time, in the world after the infamous 4th Crusade sacked the City of Constantinople and deposed the Byzantine Empire and attempted to form their own Empire called mostly The Latin Empire in its place. The Crusaders sacked the city without mercy and many of the precious Byzantine artifacts were stolen and returned to Venice, where a great many of the crusaders had originated from but not all of them. In this particular Roleplay my character will be one of these Crusaders, a Frankish man who had taken part in the sacking of Constantinople and became very wealthy from it. However, he is guilty about his part in it, and eventually is overcome with grief that he had a direct hand in the destruction of Gods own Empire and will try to correct this wrong.

As a nobleman and a rather wealthy one he has the resources he believes he needs to correct the mistakes of the past. So, he sets out on his journey to find a Byzantine claimant, this is where your character comes in. Your character would be a Greek Princess or Noblewoman, at least someone with the right to claim the Byzantine throne. My character would come and offer his aid, and of course at first your character would be wary of this offer from one of the men directly responsible for the toppling of the Byzantine Empire, and a Catholic to boot. But whether through his deeds or other actions eventually she will be convinced to accept his aid and together they will plan to retake Constantinople from the Latin invaders.

This is a story that will involve lots of political intrigue, courtly dances of deadly intent and of course the martial reconquest of the Eastern Roman Empire from the men who toppled it. Our characters could end up in love or merely in lust, they could end up married or in order to strengthen her claim she will have to marry another man and they will have to love one another in secret all the while my character is dedicating what remains of his life to helping your character back to her birthright and to rebuild the Empire that was lost.

How far we want to take this RP is completely up for discussion, or even if we want our star-crossed couple to even succeed at the task or ultimately fail in their ambitions and go down together.

Alexanders Lost Son
The rise and fall of Alexanders Empire was meteoric in nature and took a massive region of the world by storm. As many know, one of the main reasons for the fracturing of the Empire and the dividing of the territory by his generals was due to the lack of an heir. But what if perhaps this wasn’t true, and there was a young boy, known only to a few, who carried the blood line of one of Histories greatest Conquerors? That is what this prompt will be about. I will be playing the role of Alexanders lost and illegitimate son, who was raised in secret by a few trusted attendants before they were discovered and killed by Alexanders Generals who grew comfortable in their new seats of power with their own sprawling Kingdoms.

Who your character is, is completely up for discussion. Perhaps a woman who takes him in without knowing who he is, unwittingly hiding him as a fugitive and they fall in love only for her to find out his secret later on, as well as his ambition. Of course, eventually he would desire to rise up and lead men to glory as his father did, to retake the Empire his father had created from the hands of the Generals who divided it up between themselves.

Perhaps your character might even be the daughter of one of these generals who falls in love with her family’s greatest enemy without even realizing it and they carry on an illicit affair until he reveals his identity.

In general, there is a great deal we can do with this plot, but it will take a bit more planning and execution than some others.

Modern Plot Threads
Modern Plot Threads
These are threads taking place in the modern day with a little bit of give in each direction. Say 20 years in the past to 20 years in the future. Doesn’t require much in the way of worldbuilding but doesn’t mean it can’t be interesting.

Reverse Isekai Exploration
The Isekai genre is a genre of anime that specifically deals with the idea of someone from our current world being taken away by magic, reincarnation, or some other force into another world usually of a fantasy variety but not necessarily always, sci-fi can be used here as well. In general, it involves someone from our world having to adapt and understand a world completely foreign to them, with unknown cultural practices, religious beliefs, economics, and societal norms. This can be humorous or serious depending on the anime in question, but I am not here just to explore the anime tropes but mostly the concept of the story in a more serious light.

In this plot thread however I want to flip this concept on its head. Rather than someone from our world being taken and sent into a fantasy world, the reverse. Someone from a medieval fantasy world or perhaps a sci-fi futuristic universe and being dropped in our current world and having to navigate it and all of its hectic weirdness and strange vagaries. In this case I don’t mind playing either role, as the newcomer to our world or as the person who ends up trying to help this strange new being who was somehow dropped into our world.

This can go in a lot of interesting directions, from just having to teach the person how to speak a human language, how to operate in human society, and how to hide themselves because the implications of the powers that be figuring out that some elf, orc, alien or what have you is now on earth would be rather troublesome especially if said interloper doesn’t want to be involved in the grand games of men.

Perhaps this newcomer to our universe is rather taken with humanity and wants to stick around, perhaps they are disgusted and want to do everything in their power to get home but ends up falling in love with the young man or woman who has opted to take care of them and to help them figure out what its like to live on earth. Perhaps they decide to stay, or perhaps they try to beg their caretaker to come with them to their home instead. A lot that can be done here and very interested in exploring this with someone!

A Modern Monarchy
Of course, some monarchies still exist in the Modern Era but for the most part they are merely figureheads without much in the way of real power or executive authority, at least not in the West. But what if this was different and some turn of events caused a Royal Family to maintain their power and privilege over a modern Royal House? What implications could this have for the nation in question, or for the world in general?

This plot can be used in our regular modern world or in a modernized version of a fantasy world, I am down for but it’s definitely a theme I’ve been looking to explore for a long time. What would a royal family be like in the modern digital age? They got up to all sorts of shenanigans in a historical context and they still do, but what would it be like if they were still the grand personalities wielding vast amounts of power that they used to?

There are lots of angles we can take with this story, arranged marriages, rebellious Princes and Princesses trying to flout the power and authority of their parents. Perhaps a royal falling in love with a commoner and ending up in an affair, and trying to force changes to the laws to allow them to marry using modern ideas of love and romance to try and garner public support?

This idea is still somewhat vague in my head and something that definitely requires the right partner but if it’s something that interests you please send me a message and lets see if we can’t work something out!

The Young Couple
This is definitely the most slice-of-life style plot desire that I have, and its definitely still something I am interested in. Just because its slice of life doesn’t mean it has to be boring, dull, or have no spice and drama to it. As we all know the relationships we tend to get in when we’re younger aren’t always perfect, they don’t always work out, and are often some of both our best and worst memories. This story prompt would follow the story of one such couple.

I see them as college-aged and possibly even in college, at that age where exploration is common and where one is constantly learning new things about themselves. This would follow this couple in their explorations of sex, love, dating, and all of the things that underpin those very realities of our lives. They won’t be a perfect story book couple with a traditional happily ever after, but perhaps they make it and do end up staying together for a long time, even unto marriage and parenthood and beyond. Or perhaps their relationship will crash and burn, ending in tearful goodbyes and merely keeping each other in their memories.

This story is probably the one that will have the most focus on kinks, fetishes, and general smut. But there will also be emotions, drama, as well as good times. Parties, drunken mistakes, or perhaps drunken luck depending on who you ask. I feel that this sort of story can be a lot more interesting than a lot of people give it credit for and we can definitely bring some justice to what on the surface seems like a mundane story about nothing in particular, but explore the facets of human relationships especially the sort that are young and often driven by hormones.

Alternative History Prompts
Alternative History Prompts
These are prompts of alternative histories, either taking part in the events of those alternative histories or exploring the idea of how such a massive change in history could effect our modern day and playing out a scenario in that context.

A Cold War
This idea is predicated on the idea that the Cold War never ended. That the USSR never collapsed in the early nineties and that in some form or fashion the Iron Curtain is still more or less in the same place it was before. However, as time went on and tensions eased between East and West the Iron Curtain eased off a little bit. The world was still divided, but things were a little bit more amicable between the worlds two superstar factions. Trade started to flow across the curtain, and though Germany was divided no longer were the boundaries so intense and once again Germans were allowed to cross from East-West Germany relatively unhindered. Due to a large-scale political event West Berlin was granted to the DDR to be made whole again, but the other side of the deal was the deconstruction of the Berlin Wall and the softening of restrictions on Germans traveling between the two halves of the country.

The main character I am looking to play in this setting is Albrecht Miller, a member of the Diensteinheit IX a special unit of German police in the employ of the Ministry of State Security that deals primarily with counter terrorism and security for VIPs and major events in the country. Who your character is, is entirely up for debate. But overall, I’m willing to go just about anywhere with this RP prompt.

The classic cold war tropes of spy vs spy, defusing potentially volatile situations, and high paced action stories are all on the table for this but so are more mundane ones just dealing with normal people living normal lives but still with the societal connotations of what this alternative history would entail looming in the background.

Again this is a very open prompt and we can go really anywhere with it so if you wish please feel free to contact me about it, I have been looking for a partner for this prompt for a very long time.

A North Sea Empire
In the early medieval period for a brief time the Kingdoms of England, Norway, and Denmark were ruled by one man known as Cnut the Great who was a Christian Dane who earned each crown through various means. If England on its own was enough to become a force to be reckoned with on the world stage, how would it look if perhaps such a mighty Empire had stayed together, how different would history be? From the Middle Ages to the modern era such an entity existing for a meaningful amount of time would have far reaching consequences.

There’s a lot that can be done with this sort of idea, from exploring the more immediate consequences of a power like that being solidified, to the colonial period, to the modern age, what would change? What would stay the same? The answers are limitless really and I am definitely looking to explore possibilities with a willing partner.

There are even further alterations that could be made, what instead of Cnut being Christian he remained Pagan like his forefathers and Paganism became the dominant religion in Northern Europe, or what if America was instead a Norse Colony started many years before the rest of the colonial period and given much further time to develop, what if the Norse rulers maintained much friendlier relations with the Indigenous peoples? There are a lot of what if’s here and we are free to explore them all.

This is probably the most open prompt I have and I am willing to explore any day and age with this premise.

Plots That Transcend Genre
Plots That Transcend Genre
These are plots that can easily fit into any genre from Fiction to modern and sci-fi as well.

The Love Triangle (Or Square, or Hexagon)
This is a polyamory-oriented plot and one that I REALLY want to find a good partner for! This plot will be about a love triangle, or a love however many people we want to be involved in the relationship. The idea is that it will be a love triangle at first, where one person loves another and so on, the usual sort of trope. But in the end they will opt instead of competing for one another, for all of them to be together in a polyamorous relationship. Whether its equal amounts men and women, or more men than women or more women than men, all of it is good with me!

This plot can fit into almost every other plot I’ve listed above and even more than that! Fantasy, modern, sci-fi this idea can fit anywhere as a main plotline or just as a sub plot to another grander plot that we have hashed out together! If you’d be interested in including this, I would be super thrilled and it would warm my little poly heart!

Extra points if polyamory is considered taboo or frowned upon in the setting that we decide to set it in! The thruple+ would try to hide it at first, carrying on their hidden relationship dynamic until its discovered or they decide to be brave and just love each other openly without a care for what anyone else thinks and deal with whatever consequences come their way for it.

Adventures in Grimdark
Grimdark isn’t so much a genre as it is a story thematic. It comes in many shapes and sizes from fantasy, to modern, to futuristic settings. Grimdark is essentially the practice of specifically making a setting violent, amoral, or just particularly gruesome as a general theme and on a daily basis. Most of the prompts here I’ve posted are not inherently dark on their own but we can make them dark if we want to and I am okay with that, I have been getting into the world of darker RP’s lately and am more than okay to continue exploring this with other people!

Whether it’s a war riddled with wars, plagues, famines, slavery and other horrors these are all themes that I am willing to explore and to add to any of the prompts that I have mentioned above, just make sure to ask if we can make things a little bit darker.

Thats All Folks!
Welp that’s all I have for now, I will continue to update this thread with more ideas and continue to spruce it up as I learn more about E’s fancy coding stuff and the like!

For those of you who read some or all of this thank you very much for your time and I hope that you found something you’re interested in and wish to reach out to me to start a roleplay!

I’m down for everything from fluffy stories of romance and love (with some spice) to Grimdark stories of abject horror and darker themes so please whatever your tastes I am sure we can work something out! I think of myself as a competent roleplayer who has only improved on his skills since coming here to E and I would love to start even more new stories with other wonderful roleplayers.

As I mentioned before for both new and returning visitors please visit my O/O’s which have linked in my bio which have also recently undergone a huge overhaul.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 04:05:09 pm by Leon Weber »

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
Re: Leon's List of Desires (M lf F)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 06:55:45 am »
Cleaned up the page as it was messy and added several story plots:
The Watchman
Exploring The Isekai Trope
Reverse Isekai Exploration
The Bodyguard

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 04:36:34 pm »
this deserves a bump

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 07:14:15 pm »
This is pretty overdue for a bump, edited it some and cleaned it up a bit more.

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 11:26:44 am »
this deserves a bump its been quite some time

added a link to my new request thread and added one new prompt.

Actively seeking partners, I'm in a fairly good spot to be active here regularly. Don't forget to check my O/O's threads and by all means if you're looking for a partner but don't see anything here you like please feel free to pitch me your own ideas.

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
Re: Leons Bargain Bin of RP Ideas (M LF Many, New and Improved Overhaul)
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 07:32:47 pm »
I have completely and totally overhauled the page, adding new stories and taking old stories off honestly I did too much to list here but I do believe this more than constitutes the Substantive Update clause for the bumping policy!

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
Re: Leons Bargain Bin of RP Ideas (M LF Many, New and Improved Overhaul)
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2022, 04:05:43 pm »
Removed plots currently in action and made some other edits and this deserves a bump as I am in the market for a new story.