My Hero Academia?

Started by Batman4560, September 10, 2019, 09:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman4560

Hey guys, after getting all caught up on the manga and re-watching the series in prep for season 4 I really want to do a My Hero Academia group and was wondering if anyone else would be interested in the same? I'm hoping for four-five other writers to keep it a small group so we can all have some fun. Anyone interested?

Gave it a little thought, I'd like for this to take place in one of three settings and I'll let the others decide.

1. An AU where the kids from 1-A were never around thus putting all the other villains and Pro Heroes are still around events change due to it.
2. The future where Deku and the others are pro heroes and the players are the new 1-A class.
3. A college where the Heroes are all recommended to attend on a remote island. After the courses are completed the students get their own hero agency.

This will be a non system with some character sheets
I don't want to be a gm and would rather talk about things with everyone and just have a good time.
Really just looking for a good time with this thing so if anyone is serious about this lets have some fun.

TFcommando

Quote from: Batman4560 on September 10, 2019, 09:34:15 PM
Hey guys, after getting all caught up on the manga and re-watching the series in prep for season 4 I really want to do a My Hero Academia group and was wondering if anyone else would be interested in the same? I'm hoping for four-five other writers to keep it a small group so we can all have some fun. Anyone interested?

System or freeform?  Playing Class A, or another class/another school?  Sexy level?
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Batman4560

Free form, OC characters so either set in the future or a different class and Sexy level is up for debate.

Soveliss

I'm interested...

I have the beginnings of an OC...

Yukari "Hotwire" Aiuchi.

Quirk: Technopathy. Yukari can link her mind into electronic equipment she can touch, allowing her to control it, or "imprint" her mind in it. Her imprint last for six hours and can use her skills at the best of the device's capabilities, but doesn't show independent thought beyond the order she gives her imprint. Each imprint costs her calories.

I was thinking about making a gadget-based heroine, specializing in siege situation, and reconnaissance. In the exercise from Season 1 where the two team had to fight over the bomb, she would have sent a fleet of disposable drones, located the bomb, located the opposing team, and acted accordingly. The more of a high calorie diet she consumes, the more effective her Quirk is. While it has the advantage that she can eat all she wants and never get fat, it meas that her low staying power during long missions with limited supplies, and lack of direct combat abilities (unless she's fighting tech-heavy foes like the Faux-Villains in the entrance exam in Season 1, where she could hack them and make them shoot each other) beyond a decent training in Krav Maga are her biggest weaknesses. Maybe one from a wealthy yet loving family whom had seen way too many people only attracted to her wealth, and she figured (from playing video games) that fighting alongside people was the way to develop genuine and lasting bonds.

TL;DR: Lonely wealthy girl who's had everything except genuine friends practically handed to her, and that glaring lack of friends is what motivated her to become a heroine. Would that work?
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
Download douchey hats on Steam"
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.

TFcommando

I was hoping for a system-based game, but I hope it goes well for you!
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Batman4560

Quote from: Soveliss on September 11, 2019, 03:31:36 AM
I'm interested...

I have the beginnings of an OC...

Yukari "Hotwire" Aiuchi.

Quirk: Technopathy. Yukari can link her mind into electronic equipment she can touch, allowing her to control it, or "imprint" her mind in it. Her imprint last for six hours and can use her skills at the best of the device's capabilities, but doesn't show independent thought beyond the order she gives her imprint. Each imprint costs her calories.

I was thinking about making a gadget-based heroine, specializing in siege situation, and reconnaissance. In the exercise from Season 1 where the two team had to fight over the bomb, she would have sent a fleet of disposable drones, located the bomb, located the opposing team, and acted accordingly. The more of a high calorie diet she consumes, the more effective her Quirk is. While it has the advantage that she can eat all she wants and never get fat, it meas that her low staying power during long missions with limited supplies, and lack of direct combat abilities (unless she's fighting tech-heavy foes like the Faux-Villains in the entrance exam in Season 1, where she could hack them and make them shoot each other) beyond a decent training in Krav Maga are her biggest weaknesses. Maybe one from a wealthy yet loving family whom had seen way too many people only attracted to her wealth, and she figured (from playing video games) that fighting alongside people was the way to develop genuine and lasting bonds.

TL;DR: Lonely wealthy girl who's had everything except genuine friends practically handed to her, and that glaring lack of friends is what motivated her to become a heroine. Would that work?

For sure that would work :)