A Evil pathfinder game. [Pathfinder Group]

Started by OyabunKobold, October 21, 2018, 11:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OyabunKobold

My kitsune was always going to be a Archmage eventually of the city and the Overlords adviser. He is content being the snake in his overlords ear and doing his magical experimentation without the added stress of running a kingdom on top of that. He wants to research to learn and eventually to be strong enough to shape reality to his Pact holders liking. Eventually the Kingdom while maybe starting lawful Evil might turn into a Chaotic neutral lean when I get the ability to summon the higher levels of Protean to help guard the place as they have Reality shaping abilities.

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

TheHangedOne

Isn't slave-taking and slave-trading always an Evil act, though? I'd imagine if we're gathering slaves, we'd need things to be Evil on some level, or at least Lawful (legalize the trade; still an Evil act as far as alignment goes). And we can always use human sacrifice to summon Devils to protect the place.

Also, the title in-game might be archmage, but for kingdom building, I think you're thinking of Magister.

Quote from: Magister
The Magister guides the kingdom’s higher learning and magic, promoting education and knowledge among the citizens and representing the interests of magic, science, and academia. In most kingdoms, the Magister is a sage, a wizard, or a priest of a deity of knowledge, and oversees the governmental bureaucracy except regarding finance.

Benefit(s): Add your Charisma modifier or Intelligence modifier to Economy.

Vacancy Penalty: Economy decreases by 4.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/kingdom-building/#TOC-Leadership-Roles
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

OyabunKobold

Yeah I'm a magister whom will be using either my intelligence or my charisma depending on the occasion. (Charisma is +2 intelligence +3) The intellect would come forth in times of knowledge and other learning. The charisma will come in if its more of a diplomatic venture as my diplomacy is pretty high for my character.

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

Zaer Darkwail

I think the alignment of the kingdom is either based on ruler (Skaldor's if everyone agrees him to be ruler as he adds charisma mod to one three stats) or general consensus of kingdom's policy. In my vote/case I would say we are neutral evil kingdom (we have laws but their more 'guidelines' which we can change or ignore on whim as kingdom grows or evolves).

OyabunKobold

Neutral Evil sounds good for me :3 Then we can safely house a black market for some income and exotic pieces within our city and draw in some people of like mind looking for unique treasures. Also neutral Evil sounds like a pirate hub so we could be a port for the local pirate lords for a navel defense.

Zaer Darkwail

Also as neutral evil our policy should follow selfish/own ambittion driven but working together because it benefits us all and we go by with least amount of resistance/effort needed accomplish things (take easy way than hard way). As we are not bound by law/customs nor by impulses of chaotic tendency.

This ofc matters in regards kingdom policy than actual individual policy/following.

OyabunKobold

I agree with this as well :3. Sounds like Neutral evil sounds like a good way to go to me.

TheHangedOne

I'm also down for Neutral Evil. It would also seem to not put any PCs at alignment odds, since everybody (as far as I can tell), is either at that alignment, or one step away. The idea of 'guide lines' also works well for everybody, I think. Enough 'rails' to keep the civilization from falling apart on itself, enough freedom for people to be happy. +2 economy, and +2 stability will be really helpful, too; less chance of dealing with uprisings or the like, plus, better income potential.

And yeah. Just because we're running a Neutral Evil kingdom, doesn't mean we won't get individuals of other alignments. Just gotta watch out for the Goodie-Two-Shoes.  >:)
Check out my poet tree!

OyabunKobold

If we get a Mjoll the lioness in our city we will always have a Maevan Blackbrier to balance her out :P

TheHangedOne

Quote from: OyabunKobold on October 29, 2018, 07:05:54 AM
If we get a Mjoll the lioness in our city we will always have a Maevan Blackbrier to balance her out :P
Heh. And will our gate guards shakedown travelers?  >:)
Check out my poet tree!

OyabunKobold

Oh of course there is a visiting fee once we get established as a wonderful city ;)

Zaer Darkwail

Also I can place my ruler bonus to Loyalty so kingdom base stats in myself + alignment would be Loyalty +3, Economy +2, Stability +2 and then apply building and adviser bonuses (and other bonuses or penalties). But treasurer is indeed super important but that can be assigned also to NPC's or future cohorts.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 29, 2018, 07:12:09 AM
Also I can place my ruler bonus to Loyalty so kingdom base stats in myself + alignment would be Loyalty +3, Economy +2, Stability +2 and then apply building and adviser bonuses (and other bonuses or penalties). But treasurer is indeed super important but that can be assigned also to NPC's or future cohorts.
It can't be assigned later. If we don't have a treasurer, we don't get any income; no BP to expand with, and nothing to pay the debt if we take it. Somebody has to fill it until we find an NPC that can handle it.
Check out my poet tree!

OyabunKobold

I was offering the Tengu up (my contact) as the treasurer as her characters OCD about making sure everything is in order and intellect would make for a good treasurer.

So me as magister them as Treasurer we got an overlord We could have the druid be the captain of the guard/lead ranger we have our head priest so what else do we have and what roles can they fill (maybe if we have a fighter or something equally combat based we can relegate the Druid to wilderness and defenses and the fighter to city guard.)

TheHangedOne

Skaltor: Ruler (Loyalty +3)
Haydn: High Priest (Stability +3)
Sadao: Magister (Economy +3)
Elle: (assumed) Treasurer (Economy +1; this runs off of intelligence or wisdom) <- Dex or Cha would be better for Elle, if we're looking things at a pure optimization value.

Consort: Vacant (no vacancy penalty)
Councilor: Vacant (Cha or Wis to Loyalty) (Vacancy penalty: Loyalty -2, can't issue Holiday edicts, Unrest +1 on Upkeep.)
General: Vacant (Str or Cha to Stability) (Vacancy Penalty: Loyalty -4.)
Grand Diplomat: Vacant (Cha or Int to Stability) (Vacancy penalty: Stability -2. The kingdom cannot issue Diplomatic or Exploration edicts.)
Heir: Vacant (No vacancy penalty)
Marshal: Vacant (Dex or Wis to Economy) (Vacancy Penalty: Economy -4.)
Royal Enforcer: Vacant (No penalty)
Spymaster: Vacant (During the Edict Phase, choose one of Economy, Loyalty or Stability. Dex or Int to chosen one) (Vacancy Penalty: Economy -4. Unrest +1 on Upkeep.)
Viceroy: Vacant (pretty sure no penalty until we start to expand beyond our capital city)
Warden: Vacant (Con or Str to Loyalty) (Vacancy penalty: Loyalty and Stability -2.)

I'm pretty sure that covers it.
Check out my poet tree!

OyabunKobold

Hrms seems like head diplomat is something i could do too... The councilor looks like it would be good for my Tengu friend in place of Treasurer if we got someone to take that over.

TheHangedOne

At least according to the wiki, each character can only fulfill one position, so that's something else to keep in mind. It also takes a full week of us doing the busy-work, or else the position is considered vacant (as we've been neglectful of the duties of our station).

Again, though, that's just what I ripped off the wiki; not sure if Lisztes is going to house rule anything or not.

Edit: Recommending we all take the first week of a month to do town-stuff, and that gives us three weeks (basically) to go out, adventure, and get back, and we can operate together that way.
Check out my poet tree!

OyabunKobold

Hrms could I do 1 week of Magister and 1 week of Head diplomat and go out adventuring two weeks each month? if i can fulfill two roles

JoanieSappho

I feel crappy for a couple of days and all this ...

Yeah, Neutral Evil works best, and Elle as Treasurer would work, although you might have trouble getting her away from the shinies. It'd work better if it ran off Cha or Dex, similarly she'd work out as Marshal or Enforcer.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: OyabunKobold on October 29, 2018, 08:05:42 AM
Hrms could I do 1 week of Magister and 1 week of Head diplomat and go out adventuring two weeks each month? if i can fulfill two roles

Quote from: d20PFSRD
A character can only fill one leadership role at a time. For example, your character can’t be both the Ruler and the High Priest. Even if you want the Ruler to be the head of the kingdom’s religion, she’s too busy ruling to also do the work of a High Priest; she’ll have to appoint someone else to do that work.
Check out my poet tree!

Roleplay Frog

Dun forget about the latecoming halfling archer-priest Anja. Sound as if Warden is an important position to fill. It's that or Marshal, perhaps even spymaster with her stat bonuses.

..perhaps Spymaster would fit a disguised warpriest of Dallah Thaun with the Trickery and Luck domains best, thinking about it.. ^^

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 29, 2018, 08:14:00 AM
Dun forget about the latecoming halfling archer-priest Anja. Sound as if Warden is an important position to fill. It's that or Marshal, perhaps even spymaster with her stat bonuses.
Didn't forget, just didn't want to assume. Warden and Marshal are pretty important, imo; Marshal moreso, I feel, if we end up taking the loan (because Economy is how we're gonna repay the loan... that or be impoverished adventurers, hahaha).
Check out my poet tree!

Roleplay Frog

By that logic, I ought to pick spymaster, as it has the most severe vacancy penalty for economy tied with marshal plus this unrest thing, whatever it means, but I could at the same time add a flexible bonus, which I like, of +3 to whatevers. Could help pay back the loan with economy at first, then put it into something else later.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on October 29, 2018, 08:19:28 AM
By that logic, I ought to pick spymaster, as it has the most severe vacancy penalty for economy tied with marshal plus this unrest thing, whatever it means, but I could at the same time add a flexible bonus, which I like, of +3 to whatevers.
Unrest has stacking penalties; at an Unrest of 20 the place collapses into total anarchy and we lose control.
Check out my poet tree!

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: TheHangedMan on October 29, 2018, 08:21:37 AM
Unrest has stacking penalties; at an Unrest of 20 the place collapses into total anarchy and we lose control.

Spymaster halfling it is. Had I known this, I might have build her as vigilante after all.. but oh well!