You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 15, 2018, 05:14:55 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: A Evil pathfinder game. [Pathfinder Group]  (Read 6702 times)

Offline Roleplay Frog

Re: A Evil pathfinder game. [Pathfinder Group]
« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2018, 04:21:49 PM »
but tentacles are so cute!

Also, dun have to kill anyone, instigate a conflict between two of the factions, see who's stronger.. then hit the stronger ones hard, position ourself as saviours of the weaker faction... eat cookies...

Offline OyabunKoboldTopic starter

« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2018, 04:23:23 PM »
yes my Kitsune is an advisor and a dilomat I have him built for that purpose and will probably grab leadership later on for a horde of NPC of sorts.

My character will probably be very apt at heading after the Nethy's NPC group first and claiming their knowledge for his own as well as wiping out the magic users first before they become an issue.

As for the placement I am satisfied with it greatly. It fits my needs perfectly. I shall leave the Loans and the other stuff to whomever chooses to be our headmason and the hiring of the mercinarys will be deligated to the head of the guard.

As per the overlord's approval of course but this is my little whisper in his ear.

Offline Conundrum

« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2018, 04:33:35 PM »
I am a proponent of taking the loan and supplies on credit.

Offline JoanieSappho

« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2018, 04:43:45 PM »
The magic users are likely to be the biggest problem, but they're also one of the most distant. Going straight for them might leave us a bit too exposed, unless we just wipe them out and leave their territory for later. The Irregulars seem like the least cohesive and most likely to splinter and develop issues, especially with us pushing on certain individuals. The elves are closer and could be annoying to deal with if we don't either remove, subjugate or work on absorbing them quickly.

I'm not sure about the loan, but could go either way on it, really.

Offline Roleplay Frog

« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2018, 04:46:23 PM »
Everyone's so fightey. There's no need to take out and or antagonize anyone yet. In these kind of strategy scenarios with multiple unknown factions that may or may not fight amongst themselfs it is wisest to commit a large amount of resources into development, a smaller amount into espionage, and a small amount into pre-emptive defenses.

I've overseen these a few times. :P

« Reply #130 on: October 28, 2018, 04:48:49 PM »
Not saying we should set out day one and fight and conquer no frog you misheard me. Im jsut saying of the three the Nethy's sect is the most appeasing as well as dangerous in my kitsune's Eyes. The elves are second while the motley might be subjudated to our cause with a few honeyed words.

Offline Conundrum

« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2018, 04:50:59 PM »
  Here's the map with the starting locations of the other groups too:

So the PCs are at the red X. The mountains are a little distance away on the spot chosen, 4 hexes to be precise, but close enough to claim certainly. You would be on a stretch of plains which have some hills and the adjacent hexes would be plains to the east, forest to the west, sea to the south, and marshes shielding you to the north. Is that still good?

Regardless of where you choose to start, the other groups will be at:

Green Cross - The Elf Brigade. A group of four elves, dressed in studded leather save for one who wears rough, brown cloth, leading a war band of 20 or so elven foresters. Unsurprisingly they are seeking to gain control of the wooded area, hoping to use some ruins as a base.

Purple Cross - The Fangs of Nethys. A trio of devoted members of the God of Magic's church, all armoured and bristling with weapons, they lead a small pack of acolytes seeking to establish a temple and then expand from there.

Brown Cross - Mott Irregulars. A fellow band of 6 adventurers and a rather eclectic bunch at that. Their name comes from the fact that they claim to all have met in a tavern in Mott one fateful night, and their groups consists of A red skinned woman, a ratman, a human woman wearing goggles of dark volcanic glass, a human man looking a little pale, an elf and a dwarf.

You can "buy" up to 20,000 silver piece worth of supplies (wood, stone, iron, food, tools) on credit. This will need to be repaid within a year with a 20% interest.

You can also take out a loan of up to 10,000 silver hard cash, this will need to be repaid within 6 months with 33% interest.

Finally there are three mercenary bands you can take with you if you wish:

The Fire Tusks - An established and well equipt mercenary group with a reputation for bravery and accepting all genders, races and creeds. They can be hired for 2,000 silver a month.

The Crimson Capes - A smaller group of around 20 individuals, mostly human and half-elf. Their reputation is a little less savoury, but they have several victories under their belt, and half of them are mounted. They can be hired for 1,750 silver a month, or 125 silver a day.

The Utein – A more lightly armoured group of 32 individuals, newly formed they did perform well against a goblin encampment up north. In addition to silver, 100 a day or 1,500 a month, they will also accept a permanent contract in return for a plot of land, 600 acres for each member to be delivered within 6 months, after which they would continue to operate part time as guards.

How many BP do we start with if we do not take any on credit?

Offline Roleplay Frog

« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2018, 04:52:16 PM »
War is innately bound to use up both one of these factions and our resources. Consequentially, whichever faction is not involved the longest will grow more threatening. If trouble is afoot, a three way conflict of all the other factions would be by far the most beneficial to us, long term.

My halfling votes against instigating any conflict until a necessity.. or opportunity, becomes apparent.

Offline Conundrum

« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2018, 04:56:51 PM »
War is innately bound to use up both one of these factions and our resources. Consequentially, whichever faction is not involved the longest will grow more threatening. If trouble is afoot, a three way conflict of all the other factions would be by far the most beneficial to us, long term.

My halfling votes against instigating any conflict until a necessity.. or opportunity, becomes apparent.

What if we convince both other groups to team up with us against the Fangs and then hire the guys willing to fight for land and a second mercenary group then I sacrifice enemy prisoners to Lamashtu for monstrous allies?

Offline Roleplay Frog

« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2018, 05:01:45 PM »
What if we convince both other groups to team up with us against the Fangs and then hire the guys willing to fight for land and a second mercenary group then I sacrifice enemy prisoners to Lamashtu for monstrous allies?

Something like that feels more prudent. For example; We could split into two groups, one with a mission of making the faction we worry about the most look evil, we certainly have the .. people.. for that, just looking at Zaer's skeletor... ^^
The other, more social parts of our group with the mission of beseeching the others for aid. We can claim to have been attacked and have our folks, in the guise of another groups regalia, attack the others to verify our story.

This, if executed sucessfully, would leave one faction we worry about as the villain and most likely soon defeated by a three-pronged attack, and the other two about equally depleted on resources as us.. with a chance of benefitting from it, as well as presumed allies. I suspect that this deception could be found out, but take the issues as they come.

Keep in mind, these other three factions are likely privy to at least the same basic information and resources the DM has given us, so they might also consider each others strengths and weaknesses as things go.

and yes, the part you care about, there can be monstrous Lamashtu gropings. Heck, not IC but ooc I find that kinky in itself so might have my halfling grow unlucky on occasion. *coughs*
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 05:05:21 PM by Roleplay Frog »

« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2018, 05:07:04 PM »
:P My overlord speaks true words. Though what will we do about the side of the plan that puts our overlord in danger dear halfling? For he is the skeleton of which you speak do you already risk the lord to usurp his throne before he even has it? :P

Offline Roleplay Frog

« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2018, 05:19:50 PM »
:P My overlord speaks true words. Though what will we do about the side of the plan that puts our overlord in danger dear halfling? For he is the skeleton of which you speak do you already risk the lord to usurp his throne before he even has it? :P

If such a small task kills him, is he really worthy of being the overlord? Only thing he should fear is bare-chested bodybuilders with fabulous blonde hair and homosexual undertones.

Also, with my halfling we now have an evil cleric, so repairing a damaged undead is not a hard as it might seem.. :P

« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2018, 05:21:43 PM »
This is true I guess. So should we split the group then? Neutral characters being the diplomats to get passed any Detect evil and Evil characters a part of the "nethys group"?

Offline Roleplay Frog

« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2018, 05:25:04 PM »
This is true I guess. So should we split the group then? Neutral characters being the diplomats to get passed any Detect evil and Evil characters a part of the "nethys group"?

Just an idea. My character has a Chaos aura but also ticks off Evil detectors, plus her ranged attacking preferance makes her better for skirmish attacks and retreats..

Though someone has to make her an evil looking robe and or mask to fit with that plan then... and anyway, should plan this out a bit IC, no? :P

« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2018, 05:26:40 PM »
Well the plans will be done IC yes we havent officially started yet we are just making mock battle plans.

Online LisztesFerenc

« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2018, 05:27:45 PM »
How many BP do we start with if we do not take any on credit?

Updated the origional post, it now reads:

You will start with 14 build points. You can "buy" up to an additional 24 BP worth of supplies (wood, stone, iron, food, tools) and labour on credit. This will need to be repaid within a year with a 20% interest.

Offline Roleplay Frog

« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2018, 05:44:44 PM »
other question: How to create revenue to pay back potential credit. ore in the mountains, raiding others,  raising little lamashtu critters as avant-garde high society pets...
:P

Offline TheHangedMan

• Sidhe. Hollowborn Vessel. Deadly Grin. Mildly Malkavian.
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2018, 06:06:35 PM »
Also planning to take (Vile) Leadership eventually, and they will basically be the Cult of Eiseth. Considering there is still a decent chunk of money my character didn't spend, I may very well invest that in making a sort of unholy altar in our place already (what would 200 silver get us? Would it be enough to make a location for infernal worship?), which might draw in the occasional straggler; that we are not just Evil tolerant may even bring in some permanent residents who will, of course, pay taxes in some way or another.

As far as trying to put the blame on other people, and instigate wars later on, I'm already sitting on a 13 intimidate, and with the mark of a 'Whore Queen' on my face... and a scary mask to boot. Could easily have him be the 'great evil' that threatens our 'poor, humble folk', takes refuge with the Mages in order to 'share and learn'... and then oh look, there's the Big Bad Guy consorting with those mages, clearly, some other faction of goodie-two-shoes will need to get involved.

If we take the loans out, then I heavily encourage we use it to build things that will give us tradeable commodities, or pure income (taxation). Neutral diplomatic types could easily lead trade caravans loaded with stuff like ore, finished goods, foodstuffs, liquor, smoked/salted fish, etc.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 06:07:43 PM by TheHangedMan »

Online Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2018, 11:50:29 PM »
As your evil overlord I place vote on taking the loan as BP is valuable and year is long time to pay the 20% interests. 1 BP = 1,000gp so 24,000gp for 24 BP. With interests total payback sum is 28,800gp. In kingmaker year can go surprising fast if we use 'skip day' or use time on projects (like crafting) than straight out exploring.

Also 10,000 loan which is paid on 13,000gp (roundly) in 6 months is quite tight but it's spend on hiring mercs. So total 41,800gp loan which means there must be some damn profitable slave trading (ruin sacking) and also regular business to able pay all this off in first year. But I say it's damn well worth it.

Anyways two other mercs are quality choices but neither promises regular guards to us (which long term is important). Fire Tusks are elite choice but they may have issues on 'tactics' we employ (no mention how many we got them but I assume around same as second or bit more). Second choice is cuttthroat choice and they may backstab us. The third one asks land but it indicates they want settle but also by default are okay working with guy who is freaking skeleton! So my choice for them and fine give them acres of land which they have interest to protect themselves already.

So with 1,500 per month with 10,000 loan we get them for around 7 months (if we get 500gp somewhere).

With 38 BP (or is it 24 BP total with the loan) you can get shrine going or other place of worship for Lamashtu or any other deity as well.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 01:04:43 AM by Zaer Darkwail »

Offline Conundrum

« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2018, 12:10:47 AM »
If we build two shrines I think we could do this for our start.

Fishery 4
Pier 16
Shrine x2 16

Online Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2018, 01:07:05 AM »
I think we should get by one shrine (one shrine to two gods or other god gets later a shrine or temple). As we may need other stuff (like barracks, walls, housing for ourselves).

But if the site has ruins (up to GM) costs build in site are halved. Perhaps earlier fort/settlement which was overrun and destroyed years ago ideally (than ancient ruins as they always come with ancient curse or other problems).

Offline Conundrum

« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2018, 01:42:52 AM »
With that this is my new idea.

Fishery 2
House x2 3
Pier 8
Mill 3
Shrine 4
Tannery 3
Town Hall 11
Watchtower 3

Online Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2018, 01:51:47 AM »
With that this is my new idea.

Fishery 2
House x2 3
Pier 8
Mill 3
Shrine 4
Tannery 3
Town Hall 11
Watchtower 3

Looks good to me, up to GM though is there ruins where we can exploit the above. As I plan hire the mercs who plan become guards for us we can employ as general rule/law that all citizens are part of the local army (difference being are they in active duty or not). Non-active guards do have professions and careers so can send some mercenaries as fishermen to fish (until they are called for duty). Unless besides above buildings we do get settlers and such. Mill is good investment as likely some our mercs who are given land build farms and such.

« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2018, 05:09:47 AM »
So my wizard will probably be good with that. I see the group still rather active in adventuring so I can be a part of the group heading out throughout the first year to gain slaves and sell them on a market. Im about 2/5 paragraphs into my background being finished Ill be talking with my one contact (unless others want to be direct contacts as well) for our rather short lived relationship in the 3rd paragraph.

So my next question is my 4th paragraph is planned to explain our first mission together. What did the group do where did we go and was there any casualties in that first mission we did together before all banding up and making a kingdom (paragraph 5)?

I imagine that everyone here did that first mission together to earn the trust of everyone else.

Offline TheHangedMan

• Sidhe. Hollowborn Vessel. Deadly Grin. Mildly Malkavian.
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • Culture Clash.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2018, 05:57:33 AM »
Slaving does pay well, though that does raise questions like 'what alignment is our civilization?'. I'd assume something along the lines of Lawful Evil (which would be +4 economy), or Neutral Evil (+2 economy, +2 stability), and who is filling what role (and which roles we're willing to leave vacant for the time being).

Haydn makes sense for High Priest, and adds his charisma mod to Stability, which would be +3. We definitely need a Treasurer, or we won't be collecting taxes (need good intelligence or wisdom for that).

As for how they met, I'm half tempted to say that Haydn was just a random encounter of the party, they met on the road and they took him on, because another healer is great. Also, that spiked chain is decently deadly.