You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 20, 2020, 02:52:55 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Honor & Deception: A Medieval Fantasy Roleplay  (Read 1004 times)

Offline HatchetTopic starter

• Abrasive Wolverine| Absolute Furry | Bandito | Contrary Creature | Honey Bunches of Bullshit | Truffle Butter
  • Centurion
  • Enchanter
  • "My friends and I, we got a lot of problems."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Honor & Deception: A Medieval Fantasy Roleplay
« on: September 24, 2018, 10:42:31 PM »
Die Like Dogs

This land is not for the faint of heart. Knavory is a vast realm filled with monsters and magic waiting to kill you at each and every corner, twist and turn until you perish. Tyrants rule these lands, killing their own kin and staking claim to lands from far beyond their borders while pillaging villages, killing innocents, and setting fire to everything in their path. Others lie, cheat, and steal their way to survival, making sure they're always one step ahead of the rest whether it be a common thief or a wealthy baron lording over an impoverished village. Even so, evil takes many forms but no prisoners.

But perhaps you are not like them, you are no thief or tyrant but instead that of a noble soul and a caring heart. A healer, a knight, a humble farmer, but how will they trust you? Do you seek refuge from the darkness that plagues this deceitfully beautiful realm or do you strive to right the wrongdoings of those before you? Perhaps you may even lead a quiet life, in the mountains or as a traveling merchant able to see the world in all its imperfections within the beauty.

So I suppose the real question is who are you, stranger, and what is your ideal fantasy? Never the matter though, no need to dream or fret about it. For you will fall as quickly as you were birthed.

Greetings

Hello and allow me to welcome you to my second request thread. This unlike my previous one exists solely to find role-play partners interested in an extensive fantastical story that takes place in a Norse, medieval, Game of Thrones, Tolkien inspired world of my creation. The realm in question, Knavory is a world I have been crafting since the ninth grade and with that I am very attached to it. So attached that I wish to share it with those willing to have a large and long plot story with violence, romance, carnal pleasures, and most of all, intertwining stories.

Knavory is massive and within the thread I provided up top which will take you to the world building thread, it likes to remind the reader just how large of a world it is. I encourage those who want to role-play with me not to focus on one single character or pairing but instead branch off into multiple, well developed characters each with their own sets of boons and banes, personalities, professions, and goals they intent to reach throughout the story.

Please give me a link or run down of your O/O thread or at least what you do not want to see in our stories as everyone has different tastes. Here is my O/O thread which I ask every partner to read before getting into a story with me. If you are interested in another story with me I would suggest you check out my regular request thread, but I my muse leans toward Knavory in all circumstances. Finally, my A/A thread is typically kept up to date if I'm not going to be posting for a while and has a list of my current threads if you want to get a feel for my writing style.

The entire point of this request thread is that after many years of building and changing and revamping this world I am very willing to share it with the rest of you, letting go of my control over it and allow it to be more liquid rather than just a solid chunk with me lording over it. The entire point of the world is for you to do whatever you want. Be a king? Got it, be a mage? Sure. Simple farmer? Absolutely, I said anything. There is so much you can do here, almost like in Skyrim where you don't have to follow the main story line and make it your own just as much as it is mine.

All characters mentioned within the world build thread and this thread are all able to be paired with. If you'd like to play against Atlas or Cynister that is most welcome. If wanting to play against the deities or Mathias, again that is also welcomed. I will be updating reoccurring characters within my world building thread every now and then if a character rudely interrupts my day to day life as they normally do.

Please join me in this fantastical adventure in making each and every story in this world unique and awesome, I myself can't wait!

« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 04:16:19 PM by Hatchet »

Offline HatchetTopic starter

• Abrasive Wolverine| Absolute Furry | Bandito | Contrary Creature | Honey Bunches of Bullshit | Truffle Butter
  • Centurion
  • Enchanter
  • "My friends and I, we got a lot of problems."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Of Honor & Deception: A Medieval Fantasy Role-play
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 09:47:39 PM »
Current Plot Musings

Main Plots

Knavory has been under siege as a whole for centuries considering no one can seem to get along with one another. The kingdom Ellibryde and the empire Knox have been warring constantly over every little thing the other seems to do. Placing tariffs, colonization, enslavement, expansion, literally everything one does the other is quick to refute and take the opposite side. King Atlas seeks to rid Knavory's plague of hatred and discrimination that Knox has force fed and coaxed for other kingdoms and provinces while Empress Cynister wants to flex her fingers and assume power over everything.

To be in the heat of the current plot you can do several things. Being a duke or duchess within Cynister's court or a lord and lady within Atlas's or perhaps be a knight drafted or training to be in the ranks of the army. Depending on which side will drastically alter how they are chosen and what they must do however as growing up in one kingdom is night and day compared to the other. Perhaps your rival or friend is competing for the same placement and you must fight against them while making other sacrifices along the way.

Perhaps your character is a farmer and their land has been taken away or burned to the ground, your village pillaged and your family killed or raped and you swear revenge on the army and kingdom that did this to you. This could also work well for Chimera who's lands are being demolished by colonized by kingdoms such as Knox. Maybe you're a dwarf who unlike the rest of your province is quite uneasy about the situation and unwilling to take sides, you decide to take to arms and fight with what you believe is right.

Smattering Plots

The gods of Knavory are fickle creatures yet from time to time most of them enjoy gracing the mortals with their presence, seen or unseen. Perhaps a wanderer stumbles across a white stag in the middle of winter from a grumpy Ryuujin or a young blood offers themselves to Mosha to bring victory and fortune to their family members at war. Perhaps someone with blackness in their heart attempts to free Aversa from her chains within the hells so she may once again surface and claim what was taken from her long ago, nevertheless there are many plots you can stick with the four gods of Knavory.

If the gods aren't your fancy but mischief and of course power is still interesting, Mathias is a trickster of sorts. He does not often appear to mortals though he enjoys tormenting those walking in purgatory for the rest of their days to see the people they love grow without them and the people they hate prosper before their very eyes. This powerful shapeshifter is a sarcastic one at best, playing pranks and putting others in life threatening situations when he has no intention of killing them, but attracting Mathias's full attention and respect is a hefty order.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 05:29:25 PM by Hatchet »