Caravanserai [Out of Character; Open to New/Old Members and Applicants]

Started by Flower, July 05, 2018, 08:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BareBeholder

Hahah I can't wait to force Carter to mingle with more of all your characters. He is trying his hardest to socialize but he is failing pretty terribly so far (sorry Becky!) Though, I think he might be warming up with some one on one <3

^-^ I feel like we might be leading to a game of CAH in the future  ::)

RedPhoenix

Quote from: BareBeholder on July 17, 2019, 12:10:45 AM
Hahah I can't wait to force Carter to mingle with more of all your characters. He is trying his hardest to socialize but he is failing pretty terribly so far (sorry Becky!) Though, I think he might be warming up with some one on one <3

^-^ I feel like we might be leading to a game of CAH in the future  ::)

No worries, watching people slowly break out of their shells is one of the joys of Cara. <3
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Gannameade

Dragongoddess

Dragongoddess

After all his missed chances, he finally found somebody.  Yay, Apollo!  Who's next on the Ecstasy Train?

Dragongoddess

Dragongoddess

Guys, am I the only one that feels bad that all the effort some of these characters are putting into trying to find someone is just not gonna pan out well for them?  I mean if you think about it, all the guests have to go home eventually and then new guests will arrive.  And the ones who may be looking for or might find more than a hook-up are probably never gonna see each other again.  It's kinda sad.

EDIT:  And definitely Becky...Becky has me in the feels.

Elizabeth Ecsed

Becky is an amazing character. She has a fan club.

I did think of the problems with looking for love at a hotel... Many people have implicit or explicit deadlines for leaving.

Of course, on the other hand, two thirds of the characters can afford to fly anywhere for a weekend of dating

Dragongoddess

Quote from: Elizabeth Ecsed on July 17, 2019, 01:04:31 PM

I did think of the problems with looking for love at a hotel... Many people have implicit or explicit deadlines for leaving.

Of course, on the other hand, two thirds of the characters can afford to fly anywhere for a weekend of dating
Yea but what about someone like Elizabeth?  Imagine if she and Shailene wind up hitting it off...Elizabeth can't afford to just come back to Caravanserai any time she wants and Shailene can't afford to just up and quit because of a guest.  That would be so sad when Lizzie left.

Or the ones who get too busy to be able to go after someone that they fall for and are literally getting practically their entire time off for the year here.

Elizabeth Ecsed

I already have a sales pitch lined up if Elizabeth decides to stay and ask for a job at Caravanserai, lol.

But yes, dating in a place like a fantasy getaway has some problems. Are we more or less our real selves away from everything we know, or are we who we are when we're doing the day-to-day grind?

Can a relationship created in the idyllic world of Caravanserai even survive in the real world?

People have to choose their priorities in life, and what things they sacrifice for and what they fight for. sometimes love doesn't always work out and sometimes it's not enough by itself.

Is it better to have loved and lost?

Luciferia

Apologies for my reticence, I should be able to post Barb tonight or tomorrow morning! Loving this, and all your characters.  XD
If you meet god, tell him to leave me alone

taurinekitten

Dating does seem a bit overrated for a getaway place like this - but reading about a love lost and a tearful goodbye though often cliche can make for a good read if done right.

Love is the last thing Phoebe is after, she's more on a journey of self discovery as I use her vacation to Cara to ease back into writing.

Flower

Quote from: taurinekitten on July 17, 2019, 01:45:05 PM
Dating does seem a bit overrated for a getaway place like this - but reading about a love lost and a tearful goodbye though often cliche can make for a good read if done right.

Love is the last thing Phoebe is after, she's more on a journey of self discovery as I use her vacation to Cara to ease back into writing.

Indeed. I love my drama.

BareBeholder

That's very true. I didn't even think of how tragic that will be D': I can't wait for it >:L

RedPhoenix

I love this topic and I have thought about it myself many times. Would it be crueler to find love, or not find anyone? They say it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all but I always suspected the people who said that were looking in from the other side. :P

Quote from: Dragongoddess on July 17, 2019, 01:00:42 PM
EDIT:  And definitely Becky...Becky has me in the feels.
Quote from: Elizabeth Ecsed on July 17, 2019, 01:04:31 PM

<3

It would be nice to have her figure out enough of what she wants from life that she can leave Cara and be happy. Nooooot quite there yet. :P

Quote from: taurinekitten on July 17, 2019, 01:45:05 PM

Cara is awesome for exactly that!!

Quote from: Luciferia on July 17, 2019, 01:38:36 PM
Apologies for my reticence, I should be able to post Barb tonight or tomorrow morning! Loving this, and all your characters.  XD

And I love Barb. :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Elizabeth Ecsed

I know in my divorce it was far better to have loved, and take some lessons I learned from that particular failure into my life and not make the same mistakes again.

Lol, it will be interesting to see if Becky figures out that running from her feelings doesn't work well

Peripherie

lol Look all the great convo I missed! *reads to catch up*

In another date/time/thread than the party, Becky/Breezy are learning that BFFs are for snogging. :P Not sure how well that will serve them later in life... but fun for now!
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Elizabeth Ecsed

Well, it sounds like  Breezy is discovering some submissive tendencies, and at least heteroflexible-nes