You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

July 21, 2018, 07:03:28 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Can't edit/correct a post on PROC anymore?  (Read 640 times)

Online gaggedLouiseTopic starter

• Quim Queen | Collaborative juicy writer | Dasha's skirted secretary
  • Champion
  • Enchanter
  • Bound, gagged and unarmed but still dangerous.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Can't edit/correct a post on PROC anymore?
« on: October 19, 2017, 03:54:14 PM »
I noticed earlier today, after making a brief post about Mr. Trump in his thread on the PROC board, that there was no option to edit the post anymore. This was just minutes after I had posted, so it wasn't about a term coming to an end (some other istes I've been to allow you to edit up to an hour after posting), and I'm still able to edit posts I've made on any other subforums, even when they're years old.

Is there a deliberate change here, to make it more difficult to troll people on PROC or to stop people from (in theory) covering their tracks? Or is it just some bug after a coding update?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 04:11:07 PM by gaggedLouise »

Offline persephone325

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Lady White Wolf | Bucky Bait/Buckygirl | Howling's Dagger | Queen of the Underworld | A sentient pile of kittens | Always blame Bucky
  • Mentor
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Can't edit/correct a post on PROC anymore?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 04:07:14 PM »
I noticed earlier today, after making a brief post about Mr. Trump in his thread on the PROC board, that there was no option to edit the post anymore. This was just minutes after I had posted, so it wasn't about a term coming to an end (some other stes I've been to allow you to edit up yo an hour after posting), and I'm still able to edit posts I've made on any other subforums, even when they're years old.

Is there a deliberate change here, to make it more difficult to troll people on PROC or to stop people from (in theory) covering their tracks? Or is it just some bug after a coding update?

I believe it's to stop people from editing after the fact and "covering their tracks", as you put it. I don't often venture into that board, though.

• Champion
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 04:13:57 PM »
I believe it's to stop people from editing after the fact and "covering their tracks", as you put it. I don't often venture into that board, though.

It must be a fairly new change anyway; it's always been possible before and I think I made edits and expansions to recent posts of mine there only last week.

Offline persephone325

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Lady White Wolf | Bucky Bait/Buckygirl | Howling's Dagger | Queen of the Underworld | A sentient pile of kittens | Always blame Bucky
  • Mentor
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 04:16:41 PM »
It must be a fairly new change anyway; it's always been possible before and I think I made edits and expansions to recent posts of mine there only last week.

Must be. I can't edit my most recent post either. But I know I could in the past.

I'm surprised there hasn't been an announcement, though. Maybe one is on the way. I just know that there's been a lot of heated things happening over there. That's probably the most likely reason why they changed it.

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 11:16:42 PM »
I disabled it because someone abused their privileges there, and since it wasn't the first time, I figured just to shut it down.

Been juggling a lot of things lately.

• Champion
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 12:29:45 AM »
Okies, thank you for clarifying this. No major issue, I'll just have to watch out for typos, dodgy links and such. :-)

Offline Fury Aphrodisia

• Story Slut, Character Queen
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • Needs new inspiration for motivation fuel.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 04:26:36 PM »
Thanks for this thread. I was wondering the same, ended up triple-posting. Sorry for that.