You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 04:43:09 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Life starts at 100?  (Read 750 times)

Offline KurzykTopic starter

Offline magnamos

Re: Life starts at 100?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 04:15:50 AM »
It's not important how long you live but what you do while you're alive.

I don't want to be that old if all I can still do is 'doing nothing but eat and sleep'.

Offline The Overlord

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 06:16:17 AM »

Agreed, survival and living are two entirely different things. As long as I can at least MMO one hundred will be bearable.

Hell, by the time we reach that age, virtual reality will probably be on par with the Matrix. Might not matter if you're bedridden when you’re standing on the shores of an alien world watching the sunset...  :-\

Offline magnamos

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 08:37:55 AM »
Agreed, survival and living are two entirely different things. As long as I can at least MMO one hundred will be bearable.

Hell, by the time we reach that age, virtual reality will probably be on par with the Matrix. Might not matter if you're bedridden when you’re standing on the shores of an alien world watching the sunset...  :-\

It gets dangerous when you not notice that you just died anymore. The virtual reality will be that good that your soul is just consumed by the computer your connected to and you can play onlinegames into all eternity!

Offline The Overlord

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 08:40:11 AM »

Well, if I can divide my time between Norrath and Lucas' galaxy from long ago and far, far away, I just might not care.  :P

Offline Trieste

• Faerie Queen; Her Imperial Lubemajesty; Willing Victim
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: In the middle of Happily Ever After with a dark Prince Charming.
  • I am many things - dull is not one of them.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 06:44:15 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/01/03/oldest.woman.gertrude.baines/index.html

Amazing...

She so does not look over a century old. I would peg that woman in her 70s ... at the oldest.

Offline Caity

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 10:26:40 PM »
I don't think she meant that all she did was eat and sleep because that's all she could do, but because that's all she had to do.  It's sad really that someone that age isn't more valued by society and instead is left to rot in a nursing home.

Offline Mudchaser

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 08:17:47 AM »
You know you're in the 21st century when someone dies at the age of 54, and your friends exclaim "So young?!"

The way medical science is going, I wouldn't be surprised to see them keep pushing back the average life expectancty.  When I was a kid, it was 70.  Now, it's 80.  Over the course of 20 years, we gained 10 years.  What will the life expectancy be when we start hitting 80?

Offline magnamos

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 09:09:51 AM »
We're this close [   ] to virtual immortality.

Let me ask you this: Is that a goal worth to achieve?

Offline Mudchaser

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 05:27:44 PM »
More options > Less Options

If we have magical youth pills, and you decide you'd rather be old, you can just elect not to take them.