You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

September 21, 2021, 09:41:40 pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Meanwhile, Back in the Dungeon... (Pulp Fantasy-inspired 5E D&D)  (Read 8278 times)

Online ChulanowaTopic starter

• Used Bookstore
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
   For the longest time, I've had an urge, a craving, you might say, to run a game based on old-school pulp and classic fantasy. Stuff like Dragonlance, Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser, grandaddy Conan, re-watchings of Willow and Krull, arguments over who would win between Elminster and Mordenkainen, and of course, getting revenge on that bastard Bargle for killing Aleena! You know, the real cheesecake stuff, where the chainmail abounds, orcs aren't written by Chris Metzen, and plucky level one adventurers plunge into dark dank caverns in search of gold!

So, without further ado...

Welcome to the Land of Ellmoore!

Setting
   Ellmoore is an expansive land that, to living knowledge, has not been completely explored. Though grand cities dot the coasts, river shores, and trade routes, they are few and far between; much of the world is wilderness, dotted with hamlets and villages, ruled by petty kingdoms and princedoms, if that! This wasn't always the case; though little is known of the far past, ruins and catacombs can be found hidden though the land, speaking of great empires beyond memory, lost kingdoms and forgotten peoples.

The land itself is rugged; Tall frosty mountains lord over placid valleys, and rolling hills melt into deep, dark forests. Five seas are known to lap the shores of Ellmoore, and lakes dot the interior. Much of the land is temperate, knowing cold snowy winters and warm, often stormy summers. Traveler's tales speak of stranger environs beyond the edges of maps, cold arid plains with stone spires, tropical jungles filled with rivers, and even entire kingdoms living beneath the waves of the seas.

Society
   Though there are many humanoid races with their own cultures and histories, five in particular dominate Ellmoore, plus their half-blooded children races, and a sixth that claims the fringe of their societies. These peoples are more-or-less integrated, and rather internally diverse; you will find elven citadels in tall mountains and at the center of great cities just as well as in deep forests, and rare is the dwarf lord who does not claim the fealty of at least some humans and gnomes in his kingdom.
   Most societies are fairly egalitarian, at least with regard to their own. Magic comes equally to the sexes, and when suddenly ogres, a woman with an axe is just as needed as a man. Prejudices on basis of sex, race, class, and culture are still fairly common, but usually as a matter of personal opinion. Usually. Slavery is uncommon, at least among the civilized races, save as punishment for a crime.

Faiths
   Religion is nearly universal in Ellmoore; everyone believes in something - after all, when even the lowliest goblin shaman can pray to his tribe's Big Rock Make Magic and throw down a curse on you, you kind of have to accept higher powers. Most of the civilized peoples devote their prayers to gods and goddesses - of which there are many, quire a few unique to this region or that race or what-have-you. Most of the remainder revere the land, its spirits, and their own ancestors. Some small handful - esoteric orders, practitioners of the arcane, or just "crazy people" hold that the elements are divine, or that universal philosophies order the world - or even that they themselves are divinities!
   The races tend to have their own unique pantheons; the deities they revere reflect the interests and needs of those races. Even so there is often quite a bit of crossover, especially when these people live close together. In addition there are divine figures recognized by many, but not tied to any particular pantheons.
(For all intents and purposes, treat the Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, and Dragonlance dieties found in the back of the Player's Handbook as the deities one finds in Ellmoore)

Races
   As mentioned, there are five "civilized" races that dominate Ellmoore; Humans, Elves, Gnomes, Dwarves, and Halflings. In addition there are the half-elves and -orcs, and the nomadic Tabaxi. Though they are not the only sentient or humanoid beings in Ellmoore, they are the most numerous and have formed the most stable societies. Other peoples such as the wild goblins and elusive Aarakocra certainly exist in the world, but are either too primitive, or too far-flung to be considered a major power in the world.
Races
Humans tend to tower over their companions; only half-orcs are regularly taller. The most numerous single race in Ellmoore, human faces tend to make up most of the crowds in the larger cities and hamlets around the land. They are (relatively) short-lived, and a human who lives into his eighties is often considered positively ancient by his fellows. The other races figure this is why humans are so often throwing themselves into things headlong - you don't have much time, so might as well make the most of what you have! Human coloring and physique tends to reflect their homelands; Manfolk from sunnier, warmer portions of Ellmoore claim darker skin tones, while those hailing from the mountains tend to be stockier and strong for their height, for example

Elves average at five and a half feet in height, often a little shorter. Their bodies are willowy and flexible, with lean muscle and little fat; their slender frames, universal beardlessness, and penchant for wearing their hair long lends to an androgynous look for most elves, though some - such as the "wild elves" of the deep woods - are almost human-like in stature and thew (well, still a small human.) They vary in coloration in much the same manner as humans,though some few elves exhibit faint hues of gold and green in their skin and hair. Elves are long-lived, and the eldest among them can claim five centuries or more!

Dwarves stand below elves in height, only the very tallest of their number reaching five feet. What they lack in height, they make up in strength; very strong dwarves are nearly as wide as they are tall! Most are very fair in complexion; the majority of dwarves call the underground their home, and those on the surface tend to roast to a fine ruddy color. Dwarves are famed artisans, warriors, and drinkers; even the most far-flung tavern likely has at least one dwarf that enjoys its ale on a regular basis. They are also famed for being pigheaded, avaricious, and ahem, outspoken. A friend of a dwarf has a friend for life (and dwarves live about 300 years!) while an enemy will often have a very short life indeed. Dwarves tend to wear their hair elaborately; some females sport short, soft beards - male dwarves tend to see them much the same way that human men see women with large breasts.

Halflings mostly resemble humans in miniature; though often stout, they do not have the inherent stockiness found in dwarves; though nimble, they do not have the lean slenderness of elves, either. They are most often remembered by the patch of hair that most halflings have atop their feet and lower shins. Cultured halflings groom their foothair meticulously, and even their rustic cousins make sure to brush the field dirt out before setting foot inside their homes. Next to elves, halflings tend to have the most "closed" communities; the taller races often make them uncomfortable. Even so, most human and dwarvish settlements tend to have a distinct halfling population and subculture.

Gnomes are the same height as halflings, but tend to be on the leaner side - some even exhibit the willowy frame of elves. Their eyes are large and often brightly-colored, and able to see in the dark. Gnomes are noted for having a natural talent for magic, though they rarely delve as deeply and studiously into it as the dedicated human or elvish archmagi. After all, there's so much else to do! Gnomes like to explore and learn about the world around them... but they can also be shy and clannish, owing to their diminutive size compared to the rest of the world. A given gnome might be a walking encyclopedia of all sorts of things. They have a reputation for eccentricity but despite the rumors otherwise, are far from careless -sure they might take risks, sometimes absurd risks, but they always do so with a plan.

Half-Elves are obviously the offspring of a coupling between humans and elves. Such pairings rarely produce children, and half elves themselves do not "breed true," so they are few and far between in the world. Physically they tend towards an elf's stature and physique, with the diverse appearance of humans. Whichever society they are raised in tends to leave half-elves behind; a half elf matures much faster than an elf, but much slower than a human. However the society of their other parent tends to see them as "the other," making it difficult for half-elves to find a place. As a result, many take up a transient lifestyle as mercenaries, explorers, merchants, or the like.

Half-Orcs are rarer than half-elves, for the simple reason that humans and orcs... tend to not get along. However while many a half-orcs springs from tragedy, just as many seem to arise from happier stories; a woodsman adopted into an orc tribe, an orc infant raised among humans, or the like. Unlike half-elves, half-orcs breed true both among themselves and with their parent races, leading to the existence of at least a few half-orc majority communities in Ellmoore. Physically they are extremely diverse, sometimes to the point of not resembling either of their parents very much. Most half-orcs have skin tones that range from pink to brown, grey to green, with dark hair and eyes, and usually have if not tusks, then larger, sharper teeth than their human parent.

Tabaxi are the "other" race, a people that are part of civilized society, but usually considered "outside." They are commonly called catfolk, and for good reason - they are distinctly feline, with catlike heads, tails, digitigrade feet, clawed fingers, and fine pelts. Even so they are as intelligent and - in their opinion - as civilized as anyone else (more so, according to most tabaxi.) However, they have few, if any permanent settlements. The Tabaxi are for the most part a nomadic people. Though valued for the news and trade they bring, their transient nature is often seen as a front for thievery and predation. And unfortunately, that's sometimes true; if a sheep goes missing, then odds are fair that the recently-arrived tabaxi pride is enjoying mutton tonight. Physically they are quite varied, though tend to be between humans and elves in build; usually lean and slender, sometimes tall, and always very flexible. Their colors range through all the pelage one find in cats, both wild and domestic. They favor loose, airy clothing simply for comfort; thick clothing plus fur is an insufferable torture.

And... that's the basic outline. Stock fantasy, set in a early medieval world with wide spans of wilderness, dotted with ruins and secrets from a forgotten history. Rife with magic, but not to the point of surrealism (...for the most part) or magitech babble. This isn't going ot be an epic adventure, some titanic struggle against implacable foes. Basically think more along the lines of The Hobbit than Lord of the Rings, or your average Robert E. Howard Story rather than the latest WoW expansion.

I plan on running this with Dungeons and Dragons' 5th edition; it has a fairly simple-feeling vibe with its races and classes, and hearkens strongly back to  2nd edition, when the villain DID live in a skull-shaped mountain, and magic items were treasure, not essential kit. It's our standard D20 system, but if you're totally unfamiliar, the basic rules can be found from Wizards of the Coast here.

Now, if I have your interest - and I hope that I do! - here's some things I want to see from your characters.

World-Building: I've basically left the map blank here, and for a reason. I want you to imagine where your character hails from, what sort of environment and culture they're part of. Two characters of the same race and class can come from totally different backgrounds.

Heroism: I don't mean being a Goody McDo-right all the time. I mean willingness to stick your neck out when need be - even against their better judgement. Conan was always out for himself, but he still didn't let Subotai get eaten by wolves, right?

Tropes: Don't be afraid of these! You want to play a drunken axe-swinging orc-hating dwarf fighter named Brunder Thundermug? By all means, bring him on! Seriously, cheese is the whole point here. Which brings us to...

Lightheartedness: Fantasy is, at its heart, a pretty goofy genre.It's what happens when Sci-Fi gets lazy and horror has a laugh. I mean really, a midget with hairy feet has to throw evil jewelry at a mountain to save the world, who dreams this up? My point is... don't be too serious here. Humor, sexiness, absurdity, they all have their place in Ellmoore.

Aesthetics You might have noticed from my art choices, the name of the world, and the general vibe... I'm going for a very "classic western fantasy" look and feel here. This is all heavily inspired by the work of classic and pulp fantasy artists. Larry Elmore, Kieth Parkinson, Clyde Caldwell, Mark Tedin, Boris Vallejo, Julie Bell, Frank Frazetta, Dave Trampier, and the like. With that in mind, I want to ask you all to use artwork of a similar vibe for your characters. No anime, avoid stuff that fell out of an MMO, hell, even most of the art from 3.5 and Pathfinder is a little too "modern" feeling (I'm looking at you Wayne Reynolds.) Use your best judgement of course, but do keep the aesthetic in mind; ink and paint are glorious!

Ahem. Little carried away there. So. The crunch!

Character Creation
• All characters begin at level 1.
• No evil alignments
• All the races listed above are valid for play. The Tabaxi are found in Volo's Guide to Monsters; if you don't have this book, just ask and I'll give you their stats.
• All subraces are acceptable, except for Drow and Svirfneblin. This includes subraces from Sword Coast Adventures. This includes the "Variant Human" as well as SCAG's half-elf variants (again, excepting drow)
• All classes from published material are accepted. if you want something from an Unearthed Arcana, do ask.
• All backgrounds allowed.
• In keeping with the "classic" angle, ability scores will be generated by rolling 4d6, keeping three, six times. You can assign the results as you like, of course!

I plan on selecting characters based on what I feel fits the "vibe" and works together with the other characters best.

Any questions? Comments?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 03:23:45 pm by Chulanowa »

Offline CeruleanSerenity

Re: Meanwhile, Back in the Dungeon... (Pulp Fantasy-inspired 5E D&D)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 06:07:39 pm »
I think this could be a lot of fun... I'm a little worried I wouldn't be able to find appropriate art for whatever concept I had, but maybe I do love the pulp fantasy art style, and maybe I'm just overthinking it.

Should we roll for ability scores before creating a character and submit a complete sheet, or post concepts first and only make our sheet after being chosen?

Offline AndyZ

• Legate
  • Addict
  • RL>RP
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 06:37:37 pm »
Keeping an eye on this, though admittedly worried about the rolling.  I've had a number of concepts simply fall apart because I had some bad rolls at the start of the game and wasn't able to help the party.

Online Hexed

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • This is some personal text. There are many like it, but this one is mine!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 07:22:29 pm »
Huh. Didn't know cat people were a thing in 5e. How in the hell have I managed to miss them? Are they in a specific book?

Offline AndyZ

• Legate
  • Addict
  • RL>RP
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 07:23:01 pm »
Volo's Guide to Monsters

Online Hexed

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 07:27:17 pm »
huh. I think I have that somewhere... can't say as I've read it though.

Thanks!

Offline Rook Seidhr

• a strange bird
  • At Rest
  • Seducer
  • hugs freely given and gladly received
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 07:34:05 pm »
Keeping an eye on this, though admittedly worried about the rolling.  I've had a number of concepts simply fall apart because I had some bad rolls at the start of the game and wasn't able to help the party.
This.

Also, what's the expected post rate?

Offline Kathyan

• Lady
  • Enchanter
  • Yeah, that's me ;)
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 07:48:04 pm »
Expressing deep interest here :-) though rolls worry me a bit a well, I might roll first and then decide my character.

Offline AndyZ

• Legate
  • Addict
  • RL>RP
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 07:49:04 pm »
roll first and then decide my character.

Is this permitted, Chula?  I'd love to do this.

Online Hexed

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2017, 08:03:58 pm »
Isn't that normal?

Get a possible race/class idea that you want then see how the stats roll to see if it can be pulled off?

• Used Bookstore
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2017, 08:07:13 pm »
This.

Also, what's the expected post rate?

5E is rather less stat-intensive than other variations on D20. A 6 won't cripple you the way it will in say, 3.5. That said, I've seen some terrible rolls, myself. How about we say "reroll all 1's"? And to answer Cerulean's question, I think putting the concept together first works better. If you want to roll first and build the character around that, that's fine too.

Post rate is pretty flexible. I'd like a minimum of 2/week, though more is definitely fine.

And for the Tabaxi - yeah, they came with Volo's Guide to Monsters (along with a couple other races, and stats for some monster races.) I'mma go ahead and out their stuff up here:
Tabaxi
Ability Score Increase: Your Dexterity score increases by 2, and your charisma score increased by 1.
Alignment: Tabaxi tend towards chaotic alignments, as they let impulse and fancy guide their actions. They are rarely evil, as most are driven by curiosity rather than greed or dark impulses.
Size: Tabaxi are taller than humans on average, and relatively slender. Your size is medium.
Speed: Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
Darkvision: You have a cat's keen senses, especially in the dark. You can see in dim light within 60' of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of grey.
Feline Agility: Your reflexes and agility allow you to move with a burst of speed. When you move on your turn in combat, you can double your speed until the end of the turn. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you move 0 feet on one of your turns.
Cat's Claws: Because of your claws, you have a climbing speed of 20 feet. In addition, your claws are natural weapons, which you can use to make unarmed strikes. If you hit with them, you deal slashing damage equal to 1d4+ Strength modifier, instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike.
Cat's Talent: You are proficient in the perception and Stealth Skills.
Languages: You can speak and read common, and one other language of your choice.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 08:08:14 pm by Chulanowa »

Online Bibliophilia

• Lucifer's Domme. Dita Von Follow Through. Food Porn Aficionado. Literary Lush.
  • Lady
  • Addict
  • Bend and never break, kneel and never surrender.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2017, 08:26:37 pm »
-settles in and starts working on a cat girl.-

Offline Kathyan

• Lady
  • Enchanter
  • Yeah, that's me ;)
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2017, 08:38:34 pm »
Not that I had mind fully decided as I would prefer to roll first but I was also thinking a cat girl and seems Hexed was too. Tabaxi party, woot :P

And I'll go get some dice rolling as well

Edit:
Can't believe I got this lucky. I do know 5e is much less stat intensive but my luck with online dice rolls on character stats is extremely awful, fior example my test rolls as I click on the dicebot once and again to roll were all 11 and 12s and the last character I rolled had all 12s and 13s. Anyway:

At 2017-04-15 20:43:05, Kathyan (uid: 58724) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 15
At 2017-04-15 20:43:00, Kathyan (uid: 58724) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 12
At 2017-04-15 20:42:53, Kathyan (uid: 58724) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 13
At 2017-04-15 20:42:48, Kathyan (uid: 58724) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 14
At 2017-04-15 20:42:40, Kathyan (uid: 58724) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 10
At 2017-04-15 20:42:30, Kathyan (uid: 58724) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 16

So yay full freedom to build just anything I want :D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 08:51:36 pm by Kathyan »

Offline Countdown0

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2017, 08:59:37 pm »
Not an all tabaxi party if I get in. I'll probably take either an elf or half-elf. Add a LITTLE bit of normalcy to the game, but also not so much "normal" because Wizards :D

Also, for the sake of making the roles simpler, is there a way with the dicebot here to have it automatically reroll the 1's? Or is rolling them one at a time and just ignoring the 1's the best we've got?

• Used Bookstore
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2017, 09:02:03 pm »
Not an all tabaxi party if I get in. I'll probably take either an elf or half-elf. Add a LITTLE bit of normalcy to the game, but also not so much "normal" because Wizards :D

Also, for the sake of making the roles simpler, is there a way with the dicebot here to have it automatically reroll the 1's? Or is rolling them one at a time and just ignoring the 1's the best we've got?

That's pretty much the only option,

Offline AndyZ

• Legate
  • Addict
  • RL>RP
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2017, 09:04:03 pm »
I think you can roll d5s and mod the roll by 1 but not sure

Online Bibliophilia

• Lucifer's Domme. Dita Von Follow Through. Food Porn Aficionado. Literary Lush.
  • Lady
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2017, 09:06:34 pm »
Summary: At 2017-04-15 20:46:02, Bibliophilia (uid: 24594) rolls: 4d6 Result: 12
Full Result: Bibliophilia rolled: 4d6
Comment: Stats
Result: 2, 6, 2, 2,
Total: 12

Summary: At 2017-04-15 20:46:31, Bibliophilia (uid: 24594) rolls: 4d6 Result: 15
Result: 3, 6, 4, 2,
Total: 15

Summary: At 2017-04-15 20:46:46, Bibliophilia (uid: 24594) rolls: 4d6 Result: 11
Result: 5, 4, 1, 1,
Total: 11
Summary: At 2017-04-15 20:48:06, Bibliophilia (uid: 24594) rolls: 2d6 Result: 8
Full Result: Bibliophilia rolled: 2d6
Result: 3, 5,
Total: 8

Summary: At 2017-04-15 20:48:28, Bibliophilia (uid: 24594) rolls: 4d6 Result: 18

Result: 5, 1, 6, 6,
Total: 18

Summary: At 2017-04-15 20:49:03, Bibliophilia (uid: 24594) rolls: 4d6 Result: 15

Result: 4, 5, 1, 5,

Summary: At 2017-04-15 20:50:00, Bibliophilia (uid: 24594) rolls: 4d6 Result: 13

Result: 6, 3, 2, 2,
Total: 13

Resulting stats are 10,13,14,17,14,10.

I'm planning to go Tabaxi rogue.

Offline AndyZ

• Legate
  • Addict
  • RL>RP
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2017, 09:16:36 pm »
Roll Result: AndyZ rolled: 4d6, keeping 3 dice
Comment:
Result: 6, 1, 1, 4,
Roll Result: AndyZ rolled: 2d6, keeping 2 dice
Comment:
Result: 4, 1,
Total: 5
Roll Result: AndyZ rolled: 1d6
Comment:
Result: 6,
Total: 6

Roll Result: AndyZ rolled: 4d6
Comment:
Result: 5, 6, 3, 4,
Total: 18

Comment:
Result: 1, 6, 1, 6,
Total: 14
Roll Result: AndyZ rolled: 2d6
Comment:
Result: 4, 1,
Comment:
Result: 5,

Comment:
Result: 5, 6, 5, 3,
Total: 19

Comment:
Result: 4, 5, 5, 1,
Comment:
Result: 6,
Total: 6

Comment:
Result: 1, 2, 4, 4,
Comment:
Result: 3,
Total: 3

I'll probably go Half-Elf Warlock, unless someone else is planning on grabbing that.

Offline Kathyan

• Lady
  • Enchanter
  • Yeah, that's me ;)
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2017, 09:20:12 pm »
Well not an all tabaxi but might, just might, be the majority ^^ also should I assume the race specific archetypes on SCAG, for dwarf barbarian and elf wizard, stay with the same race restrictions?

Also I'm definitively pretty happy with my rolls but I did got a bunch of ones that got ignored being the lowest die, could I still reroll those ;D , it's ok if I can't

Oh and a question too, what is the level of sexiness to be expected on this game?

Offline Countdown0

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2017, 09:30:13 pm »
That's pretty much the only option,

Welp, time for the rolling to begin.

Attribute: 16
At 2017-04-15 21:18:16, Countdown0 (uid: 36868) rolls: 1d6 Result: 6
At 2017-04-15 21:19:06, Countdown0 (uid: 36868) rolls: 1d6 Result: 5
At 2017-04-15 21:19:31, Countdown0 (uid: 36868) rolls: 1d6 Result: 4 *lowest dropped*
At 2017-04-15 21:19:37, Countdown0 (uid: 36868) rolls: 1d6 Result: 5

Attribute: 11
At 2017-04-15 21:21:29, Countdown0 (uid: 36868) rolls: 4d6 Result: 6 *two 1's and two 2's, both 1's rerolled*
At 2017-04-15 21:21:39, Countdown0 (uid: 36868) rolls: 2d6 Result: 9 *5 and 4 on reroll*

At 2017-04-15 21:23:12, Countdown0 (uid: 36868) rolls: 4d6 Result: 18 *6, 5, 5, 2, lowest dropped*

At 2017-04-15 21:23:58, Countdown0 (uid: 36868) rolls: 4d6 Result: 19 *4, 3, 6, 6, lowest dropped*

Attribute: 14
At 2017-04-15 21:24:43, Countdown0 (uid: 36868) rolls: 4d6 Result: 10 *1, 3, 5, 1, two 1's to reroll*
At 2017-04-15 21:24:52, Countdown0 (uid: 36868) rolls: 2d6 Result: 3 *1, 2, one 1 to reroll*
At 2017-04-15 21:24:57, Countdown0 (uid: 36868) rolls: 1d6 Result: 6 *6, plus the previous 5 and 3*

Attribute: 9
At 2017-04-15 21:27:05, Countdown0 (uid: 36868) rolls: 4d6 Result: 11 *2, 2, 2, 5, drop a 2*

All right, so 16, 16, 16, 14, 11, 9, pretty good. Definitely sticking with a wizard.

Is a Mythweavers character sheet acceptable? Does that still even work after they lost all that data a while back? O.o

• Used Bookstore
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2017, 09:37:48 pm »
Well not an all tabaxi but might, just might, be the majority ^^ also should I assume the race specific archetypes on SCAG, for dwarf barbarian and elf wizard, stay with the same race restrictions?

Also I'm definitively pretty happy with my rolls but I did got a bunch of ones that got ignored being the lowest die, could I still reroll those ;D , it's ok if I can't

Oh and a question too, what is the level of sexiness to be expected on this game?

Reroll all 1's you get, even if you would normally just drop them. *nod*

Level of sexiness... well, depends on what you mean. It'd be silly to reference Elmore and Caldwell and not let people dress in stupid skimpy armor while rescuing the scantily-clad prince(ess), for example  ;D But the aim isn't a "smut game." Like, the ogre probably wants to cook you in a stew, not have his way with you (though, if you want to seduce your way put of the cookpot, hey.) Basically, sexual content is going to be player-driven, maybe with the occasional amorous NPC.

Countdown, Mythweavers works fine.

Online Hexed

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2017, 09:49:28 pm »
Hadn't planned cat GIRL persay. But the pictures I could find sure as hell lead that way.

Sorry this is so clunky.  And yes. I practically rolled a 1 the first time on every reroll I did. O.O
13, 16, 14, 12, 13, 11   ; made all rerolls. Only put down if raised the score. Can add in all rerolls if you'd prefer Chulanowa
102177   Noone or Anyone   2017-04-15 20:07:03   At 2017-04-15 20:07:03, Hexed (uid: 56505) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 13
102176   Noone or Anyone   2017-04-15 20:06:55   At 2017-04-15 20:06:55, Hexed (uid: 56505) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 16
102175   Noone or Anyone   2017-04-15 20:06:46   At 2017-04-15 20:06:46, Hexed (uid: 56505) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 12
reroll was a 1, rerolled that got a 6. Bumps to 14.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
102227   Noone or Anyone   2017-04-15 21:42:23   At 2017-04-15 21:42:23, Hexed (uid: 56505) rolls: 1d6 Result: 6
102226   Noone or Anyone   2017-04-15 21:42:14   At 2017-04-15 21:42:14, Hexed (uid: 56505) rolls: 1d6 Result: 1

102174   Noone or Anyone   2017-04-15 20:06:23   At 2017-04-15 20:06:23, Hexed (uid: 56505) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 12

102173   Noone or Anyone   2017-04-15 20:06:13   At 2017-04-15 20:06:13, Hexed (uid: 56505) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 12
reroll was a 1, rerolled that got a 4. Bumped up to 13.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
102229   Noone or Anyone   2017-04-15 21:45:11   At 2017-04-15 21:45:11, Hexed (uid: 56505) rolls: 1d6 Result: 4

102228   Noone or Anyone   2017-04-15 21:45:02   At 2017-04-15 21:45:02, Hexed (uid: 56505) rolls: 1d6 Result: 1

102172   Noone or Anyone   2017-04-15 20:06:01   At 2017-04-15 20:06:01, Hexed (uid: 56505) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 11

So question! Which picture fits/looks better?
4 (Yes gnome. Image just tickles my fancy.)

Probably going druid or warlock/wizard myself.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 11:02:56 pm by Hexed »

Online Bibliophilia

• Lady
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2017, 10:11:17 pm »
Posting up my WIP sheet, so I can easily modify as I go.

Ixelshasi 'Ix', the level 1 Rogue Burglar.

Personality:  Ix is a consummate thief who views all items on a scale based on the degree of difficulty it would take to obtain them.  This scale works in tandem with an objective value scale, what the item is worth if sold, and together they determine how much Ix desires the object.  She will take a gold ring lying unwatched on a table, because the value is high and a feline has to eat, but she considers such an act dull and petty.  Beneath her.  Instead, she considers the challenge of sneaking past guards and breaking into a well-secured room to crack open a difficult lock in order to steal something with relatively low monetary value much more enticing.  The more difficult the challenge, the more she desires a thing...even if it is worthless to her.  It's thumbing her nose at the rules, destroying all sense of security and taking what she knows she shouldn't have that makes her happy.  But, like any smart thief, she has cultivated the wit and charm required to allow her to talk her way out of trouble, on the off-chance she makes a mistake and gets caught.  She's confident...not stupid.  She's also often reckless, stubborn, dismissive and downright infuriating.  She's been known to piss off her companions to the point of madness, only to turn around and shower them with affection, so that they have no idea whether they are coming or going.  However, and she will vehemently argue this point until her last breath, she has never pissed on anyone's boots...no matter how much they might have deserved it.

History:

Ix's mother and father weren't married, not in the traditional meaning of the word, but they loved one another deeply and adored their handful of children.  Ix was the youngest, the smallest and the one who endured the teasing and bullying of her older siblings.  It was never truly cruel or hateful, for theirs was a loving family, but but definitely toughened her up and helped her develop excellent hiding skills and a gift for sniffing out tricks before she blundered into them.  As she grew older, her size, deft hands, youth and charm made her the ideal candidate to ease among the crowds of people who showed up at their camp to watch her mother and sisters dance, or her father and brothers perform dazzling displays of knife skills.  After a show, it was inevitable that little Ix had relieved a gape-jawed villager, or three, of their purse, or some choice piece of jewelry.

As a result of the thievery, the reactions to their people and their inherent wanderlust, her family and the rest of their caravan never settled any one place for long.  The men in town had no problem visiting their wagons for games of chance, entertainment, to have their fortunes told or to watch her beautiful mother contort and sway gracefully by firelight, but they would never stomach a Tabaxi family making their village home.  Their odd mixture of lust, curiosity and distaste confused Ix, but as she grew older she realized that trying to understand it was like trying to measure the ocean or guess what lay at the center of the planet.  Instead, she focused on figuring out how to con them, to talk her way out of trouble on those few occasions when she was caught lightening a man's pockets of coin or his fingers of rings.  Over time she became quit skilled at it, which was a good thing, since pickpocketing ceased to hold any pleasure for her.

Once she had successfully taught her youngest cousin how to take over her duties in their clan's caravan, Ix bid a tearful farewell to her family and set off on her own.  She wanted new adventures, new treasures to claim for her own, new traps to outwit, and new horizons to explore.  Her wanderlust remained, of course, so she continued to travel from town to town, sometimes with the law nipping at her heels and something in her bag or pocket that didn't belong to her.  Well, it hadn't belonged to her, until she'd decided she wanted it.  Some things she stole were valuable and she sold them, developing quite the rapport with low-lives, scoundrels and fences, but other items were essentially worthless and she often discarded them once she was on the road again....or, if she was feeling kind, she sometimes sent the item back to its owner.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 03:23:16 pm by Bibliophilia »

Offline CeruleanSerenity

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2017, 10:27:08 pm »
I probably won't be able to submit a proper character until Monday at the very earliest, but I'll roll now... I like to see what the dice give me and work from that.

15, 14, 14, 13, 12, 10

Pretty good by my standards... if you subtracted 2 from all of those, that would be closer to my usual luck. Anyway.

2 posts a week should be good for me, and I can probably manage more when things are going better. And that level of sexiness sounds fine to me - I do definitely like to play sexy characters when I can, but I don't mind if the game isn't heavily focused on the smut.

Online Bibliophilia

• Lady
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2017, 10:37:21 pm »
I find the focus on being sexy so odd in a D&D game, especially one that isn't smut-heavy.