You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 10:18:12 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Graphic cards advice wanted  (Read 399 times)

Offline HairyHereticTopic starter

• Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Graphic cards advice wanted
« on: December 26, 2008, 06:23:05 AM »
http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=346882

That's my current card. Its not a bad one, it just has one slight flaw. There's a bug in it that means on certain games it has a tendancy to crash .. screen goes black, and a nice big NO SIGNAL message comes up on the monitor, meaning a reboot before you can keep going.

Unfortunately amongst those games are the two that make up pretty much all my present gaming. You can see how this might get a bit annoying, eh? :) It can go all day without a crash, or crash within literally 10 seconds of starting the game. No rhyme or reason to it that I can see, and no fix in sight, according to the fourms I can google.

At any rate, I figure it's time to get myself a new card. I haven't been keeping much of a watch of graphics cards, so I thought I might toss out a request for suggestions. I'm not looking bleeding edge, but something that should tide me over for a year or so before I need to start thinking about changing it again.

Offline Hunter

Re: Graphic cards advice wanted
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 08:34:01 AM »
I use a EVGA GeForce 8500 GT Video Card (1 gig), runs fairly cheap.  Supposed to be a mediocre card but I haven't had any issues with it.

Tiger direct often has sales for this particular card.  http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3738465&Sku=E145-8510