You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

February 16, 2020, 02:25:08 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Uplifting / Positive News Stories  (Read 30632 times)

Offline Captain Maltese

Re: Uplifting / Positive News Stories
« Reply #300 on: November 26, 2019, 04:38:34 PM »
An intruder forced his way into the home of an 82 year old lady. She wiped the floor with him.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/24/us/82-year-old-bodybuilder-grandma-intruder-trnd/index.html

Offline Callie Del Noire

« Reply #301 on: November 27, 2019, 08:02:42 AM »
An intruder forced his way into the home of an 82 year old lady. She wiped the floor with him.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/11/24/us/82-year-old-bodybuilder-grandma-intruder-trnd/index.html

I’m in tears I’m laughing so hard.

Offline gaggedLouise

• Quim Queen | Collaborative juicy writer | Dasha's skirted secretary
  • Champion
  • Addict
  • Bound, gagged and unarmed but still dangerous.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #302 on: January 16, 2020, 11:17:43 AM »
There will sonn be a Rue David Bowie in Paris - a newly laid-out street near the Gare d'Austerlitz railway station. :)

https://www.thelocal.fr/20200111/mayor-to-name-paris-street-after-david-bowie

This is very fitting. Bowie liked France, French mentality, cooking and culture and Paris in particular, and they loved him - he is supposed to have turned down a British knighthood but was happy to accept the Légion d'Honneur, one of the most prestigious French honorary orders for artists and civilian people. And it feels quite right that the street will be close to a railway station - Bowie was constantly using the imagery of travelling, moving "from station to station" (his classic 1976 album actually opens with the sound of a train approaching on tracks).

Offline gaggedLouise

• Quim Queen | Collaborative juicy writer | Dasha's skirted secretary
  • Champion
  • Addict
  • Bound, gagged and unarmed but still dangerous.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #303 on: February 08, 2020, 06:11:49 PM »
At an event in Torun, Poland, Swedish/American pole vaulter Armand Duplantis (who competes for Sweden) beat one of the most long-lived world records in track and field, Sergey Bubka's legendary 6.15 pole jump of 1993. Duplantis elegantly nailed 6.17.  Bravo!! :D

"Mondo" is just twenty years old and has been one of the greatest future hopes of pole vaulting for a couple of years already. He was born and grew up in Louisiana but his mother is Swedish, and he competes for Sweden. I first saw him (on tv) at the European Championship in Berlin, a year and a half ago; he and a couple other vaulters performed beautifully and in the end he won the event, at 6.05 (only about three people had ever vaulted higher than that outdoors at the time). It was clear that night that within a year or two, he would be scratching "Bubka heights", and now he has even surpassed them! :)