You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

June 20, 2018, 03:00:39 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: PS3 won't read discs  (Read 337 times)

Offline WindVoyagerTopic starter

PS3 won't read discs
« on: January 12, 2017, 11:47:04 AM »
As it states, my PS3 will NOT read any disc at all. It will boot up and that's all it will do. Its a used system I got a long time back so its well out of warranty

Offline Oniya

Re: PS3 won't read discs
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 12:15:55 PM »
Try foofing the lens with a little compressed air?  That used to work with our PS2 when it had that problem.  Some used-game stores also do repairs, so you might still be able to get it fixed (or a replacement) for not too much.

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 12:32:59 PM »
The only used game stores near by are Gamestop and they don't do repairs, they send the systems to the company and its pretty costly and they sell the used PS3s for 130$

Offline Fenirus

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 04:37:57 PM »
How old is the PS3?  It's possible it's just a little dust or a smug on the lens so like Oniya I'd say try a little compressed air or if it was the top loader maybe try cleaning the lens gently.  If your the adventurous type and good with electronics you could also try replacing the disk drive yourself.  Actually started looking at instructions for how to do so after reading your post and it shouldn't be very hard, just looks scary to do.

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 05:38:56 AM »
The lens is fine. I'm starting to suspect the entire disc drive has gone to shit and I'll have to replace it since its a three year old unit and that seems to about the time the disc drive tends to got to shit in PS3s.