You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 11:44:14 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: What scenes or things do you find creepy? (from any source, movie, book game..)  (Read 290 times)

Offline MymarTopic starter

I'm looking for inspiration for a project I am working on, and I was wondering what creeped you out? Was it a particular jump scare or the imagery of the moment or what?

Offline Mathim

That whole 'creepy children' thing. Like the twins from the Shining, or Children of the Corn, all that kind of stuff. Children giving you that blood-chilling look, with that serene smile that only something not natural is hiding behind their eyes. Creeps the shit out of me.

Online Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Gaslighting and mental reality manipulation disturb me greatly.

Offline Mathim

Oh! Seeing something in a mirror that isn't really there in real life, or vice versa, and the moment of discovery of said.

Online Haru329

Oh! Seeing something in a mirror that isn't really there in real life, or vice versa, and the moment of discovery of said.
This. I can't remember the movie, but there was this one scene where there was a mirror in the background while the music was building up. The mirror ended up not being involved in the scare in any way, but that was enough to make me sweat.

Online DarkPrince

I just call this schizophrenia and go about my day.

Offline TotesRider

Dolls. Not like Chuky or regular ass baby dolls but creepy porcelain dolls that are cracked to shit. If you put one in my room i'll smash that shit upside your head... shit gives me the creeps.

Offline niinja

Dolls. Not like Chuky or regular ass baby dolls but creepy porcelain dolls that are cracked to shit. If you put one in my room i'll smash that shit upside your head... shit gives me the creeps.

Like the dolls the witch used in penny dreadful. They were terrifying.

Offline Mathim

What about that room full of cackling dummies from Doctor Who?

Offline Dhi

Kinetic sound sculpture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWwGAXRXDuY

They translate the random energies of our world, wind, seismic activity, electromagnetic energy, into erratic and unpredictable motion and sound. The ones that produce harsh, arrhythmic sounds like the above creep me. It's sort of like electronic voice phenomena, except there's no pretense of ghosts; it's the voice of a cold, uncaring universe moving around us in unseen ways.

Online RedRose

That scene in The Others, when you finally see the face under the veil.

Online Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Creepy nursery rhymes and poems. Probably because they're meant to be remembered. :P

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Creepy nursery rhymes and poems. Probably because they're meant to be remembered. :P

I wish, I wish he'd go away...

I can only ever remember the Mad Magazine version:

I think he's from the CIA.