You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 28, 2016, 12:54:21 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

The Elliquian Herald & Post
October & November 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Floor Plan?  (Read 736 times)

Online MagicalPenTopic starter

Floor Plan?
« on: December 10, 2008, 01:23:46 PM »
Does anyone know how to make a good floor plan? Drawing by hand is out of the question since I don't own a scanner, so I was hoping there might be some free software out there?

Offline gideonblake

Re: Floor Plan?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 01:30:41 PM »
Paint, if you don't want to shell out cash or steal, CAD if you're okay with either of those. Beyond that, I don't know.

I know some basics of drafting a floor plan, but are you speaking of something for an RP or you want to actually design a legitimate floor plan for construction purposes? Paint will get the point across, as long as you and whoever is looking knows the symbols. (For example, a door isn't a space in the wall, it's actually includes a line that follows the arc of the door as it opens/closes. Windows are like rectangles on the wall lines, since it's alway a bird eye's view. If you don't have a door, then yes, there is just a stop to the wall. Circles are used for pipe outlets, rectangles for grates. Drawing on electricity and water lines gets more complicated, but you can easily show it if you color code the wires and draw in the lines.)

Offline HairyHeretic

• Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 01:39:22 PM »
What level of detail are you looking for? Is this for ongoing custom stuff, or generic type buildings?

Something like this maybe?

Its not free though

or this?

Free demo, so it might suit you.

Online Doomsday

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 05:31:11 AM »

All your answers, here.