You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 20, 2016, 07:35:54 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

The Elliquian Herald & Post
October & November 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Illandaria's Illusions and Ideas  (Read 165 times)

Offline IllandariaTopic starter

Illandaria's Illusions and Ideas
« on: August 27, 2016, 10:46:11 PM »
Hello everyone,

Here are a few story ideas I've been wanting to write. All of these are fairly vanilla, with strong romance elements, and none of them are so set in my head that I won't entertain taking them in interesting directions. Feel free to PM me if interested!

Tale as Old as Time (female looking for male anthro)

This is a fairly straightforward Beauty and the Beast style tale. The youngest daughter of a powerful noble house in a fantasy kingdom is blind, and growing bored in her father's castle, where her parents and siblings have no idea what to do with her quick mind. Then she finds herself engaged to the prince of a nearby kingdom. The Prince is a literal beast, the type of which is entirely up to you.

Again, I'd love a long-term, slow-burn romance. My character will come into her marriage a virgin, so there's lots of possibilities as her new husband teaches her about sex. I also want to explore her coming into her own, though. Maybe she'll learn some kind of magic. Maybe she'll be the diplomat and peacemaker his people needs. The possibilities are endless, but I would like for her to have something to do besides indulge in smut, and it is important to me that she finds she's got more to offer than being a willing bed partner.

Not in Kansas Anymore (M/f or F/F)

I want something along the lines of Freedom's Landing by Anne McCaffrey, or the Ice Planet Barbarians books by Ruby Dixon. A group of human women are taken from modern Earth for nefarious purposes, but they manage to escape somehow and end up crashing on the nearest inhabitable planet, where they have to learn to survive and to deal with the native life forms, who are way more sexy than aliens have any right to be. Bonus points if you're up for world-building with this one and taking on more than one character apiece!

Mail Order Brides in Spaaaaaace! (M/F, F/F, M/M, whatever!)

Yay! Humanity has finally reached the stars, and we have found a new, inhabitable planet. The first group of colonists has been dispatched, and things are going well. It's time for another batch of colonists, though, and the government is offering a stipend to anyone willing to leave Earth and start a family with someone else on this new colony. Hence, mail order brides.

This could work with a variety of different character types. I'm open to something more here than simply a hetero pairing, although for this one I do picture everybody remaining human. Again, if you're up for helping to literally build this colony world OOCly, that would be fantastic.

I look forward to any and all potential plotting!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 12:46:23 PM by Illandaria »