You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 07:44:26 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The Fiddler's Magic-F seeking M  (Read 275 times)

Offline VerasailleTopic starter

The Fiddler's Magic-F seeking M
« on: July 24, 2016, 06:57:50 PM »

The music that flowed from her enchanted violin, brought laughter and tears, joy and sadness. Together in such a symphony of yearning, all who heard it were enticed to follow her. Andronique led them to the portal, there amid the swirling mists of the sea. Beyond the wide open gateway a pastoral scene invited them to step inside, only to find the horrors of a hellish nightmare waiting for them.

A war of magic and demons, lightning and thunder crashed, flames reached the clouds and split them asunder with a rain of meteors. Demons with whips grabbed the helpless warriors and would be sages as they fought to return through the Gateway. But it was no use, the Gate only worked one way, and they were here now to be fodder in a war between a powerful sorceress and the King of the Divine Order of Oriendar.

Who was right and who was wrong? None cared, only that the battle left them alive and well enough to find peace.

This will be a structured story, in that the Fiddler is a sorceress who is recruiting armies for the War of the Ages. She is a member of the Freedom Fighters, seeking to be independent of the chokehold the Order of Oriendar holds on the people.

On one side are the members of a religious sect who force strict rules on the populace to follow. All who do not worship Oriendar are deemed heretics. Subject to discipline, slavery and death if they do not capitulate. Their Holy warriors, ranging from paladins to Inquisitors who use their power to subdue and punish offenders, make it a point to subjugate everyone. Ordinary citizens have to pay tribute to the High Cleric, Kolar. He in turn issues writs of compliance, which are posted in their businesses and homes. If a person is found without papers declaring them faithful servants of Oriendar, they are brought before the Inquisitors.

Above all, the Order has banned the use of magic. Those who show any talent in the arts are executed as traitors and heretics. This forces those with magic powers to hide those powers in subtle ways. No showy fireballs or lightning bolts. Some have turned to making amulets of enhancement, potions of power and healing, and even music with the power to command, entice and empower their soldiers.

Into this world you are hurtled against all odds. Enticed by the music and ensnared by the magic. Who are you? Fighter or potential mage? Perhaps you are an ordinary man who has no talents that he knows of, and only discovers his latent power once he is in the middle of a conflict where he must fight or die. Who knew you would be entranced by a Fiddler on a beach along with a dozen or more others who simply walk through the portal is if it is a funhouse attraction.

Want to know more? PM me and we can discuss this imaginative and exciting sandbox.

I will look at your O/O thread, if you do not have one, I suggest you create one. Those who do not have a post history I can look at, should know, I only do forum rps. I expect a post speed of several times a week, a good grasp of grammar and spelling and a willingness to help me create and continue a long term story.

Offline VerasailleTopic starter

Re: The Fiddler's Magic-F seeking M
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 06:56:17 PM »
Into this magical Gateway the Fiddler urges you to step. Will you take a chance and see what wonders await on the other side?

PM's only for plot discussion.