Gas Prices!! (for Pumpkin)

Started by Greenthorn, December 05, 2008, 11:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenthorn

Now...I realize that the picture does look fake or shopped...even to me...but I do have a quick video to prove it's the real deal (just didn't want to upload it to youtube...but will for any naysayers!!!)

Edit:  This is in Deptford, NJ

Revolverman

who ever thought that would be back.

Inkidu

Quote from: Revolverman on December 05, 2008, 11:54:02 AM
who ever thought that would be back.
*Raises hand* I did! :D, besides we still paid around half of what everyone else in the world paid when it was at it's highest.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

I've seem 'em that low around here, too!
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

ZK

They're low all around, but the problems still arise. Food prices are sky-rocketing in certain locations. The economy still seems to be faltering, why? Because they're sitting on their ass awaiting for a government bailout for their own greed. >.<
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Avi

Hopefully the lower prices won't make people think the problem has disappeared when it hasn't.
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Caity

Quote from: aviationrox on December 05, 2008, 01:14:24 PM
Hopefully the lower prices won't make people think the problem has disappeared when it hasn't.

It's hard to enjoy the low gas prices when you think it's all a ploy to lure unsuspecting citizens into a false sense of security, huh?  :P

Greenthorn

(I knew I forgot someone in "C"!!)

Well..thing is, Paradox gets a text from me whenever the gas prices lower here...the last I sent to him he questioned me...so hence the picture  ;D  This is simply a "ha! in your face!" thing ;)

Paradox

Harrumph!

I just filled up for $1.59. It seems like anytime I find cheap gas, Greenthorn finds some even cheaper.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Inkidu

Quote from: Paradox on December 05, 2008, 01:39:47 PM
Harrumph!

I just filled up for $1.59. It seems like anytime I find cheap gas, Greenthorn finds some even cheaper.
That's life. It could be worse, she could be getting her's for free. :)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Paradox

It wouldn't be surprising if she was. I often suspect her of sleeping with the station attendant to lower the price a bit.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Avi

Quote from: Paradox on December 05, 2008, 01:55:49 PM
It wouldn't be surprising if she was. I often suspect her of sleeping with the station attendant to lower the price a bit.

That'd be one lucky station attendant... >_>
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Kali

I paid 1.34 for gas over the weekend traveling.  It was the cheapest we found.  Here in St. Louis we're back up to 1.54.

*changes profession to gas attendant just for GT*  You can come get pumped by me anytime you want hun.  :P
Ons/Offs

I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

Inkidu

Quote from: Paradox on December 05, 2008, 01:55:49 PM
Impugning GT's honor, for shame! *Inconspicuous snicker* ;D 

Greenthorn

But...Kali...I thought you were the attendent....Oh gawd...oh no....*cringes*

I did actually get kissed by a station attendent before!  I was pregnant at the time...it was the holidays...and yes I got a free fill up.  He was making chit chat and I told him I was a single mom...he kissed both of my cheeks, said something in Arabic...and shooed me away when the tank was done filling ;D

Kali

*quotes pretty woman*  Baby I can be whoever you want me to be.   :P

That's a very sweet story.  There should be more good people in the world.  *sighs*
Ons/Offs

Greenthorn

It was over six years ago...but it still makes me giggle...and shudder *laughs*

Kali

*dresses up like an Arabic gas station attendant just so she can make GT shudder*  YES!  Finally I know your weakness!
Ons/Offs

The Overlord

One tends to indeed wonder why one would need to (extremely badly) Photoshop in the truth, but I have indeed payed similar prices recently in the Atlanta area; well under $2.

Which only underscores my feelings on OPEC and our domestic petrochemical industry, and my inherent mistrust of them. Whatever excuse or story they give for crude going up or down, it's not the truth. These guys can spin epic yarns in a fashion that would make the Ancient Greeks proud.

Greenthorn

Overlord...I'm just picking on Paradox ;) ;D

The Overlord

Kali

Whoohoo!  $22 to fill up the Grand Caravan this morning!
Ons/Offs

Revolverman

Paradox

79 cents!?

Close the thread. RV wins.

I found $1.43 yesterday, but damn.

Revolverman