You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 01:02:15 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: The war to end all wars. Interest thread~  (Read 113 times)

Offline NintentoastTopic starter

The war to end all wars. Interest thread~
« on: June 24, 2016, 02:17:31 PM »
In the small village of Statesburg, news of a war raging was just that. news. The people of the village would go along their business as usual. The people did not seem to care. except for the occasional boy who was drafted, or signed up by their own free will, Statesburg did nothing for the war effort. No factories, or garrisons were stationed there or anything of the sort. Instead, the local women were more concerned with who their daughters were with, and if he would be good to her. The men would be out farming. That was until one day. An artillery shell exploded in the town square, and killed several people. This woke up the sleepy little town. Men started to panic and board up their houses. Women started to gather any extra food they could find. Boys and Girls made plans to run away together. It was an organized chaos. Before anyone knew it, the sound of canons became commonplace, and fighter planes began to fly overhead more and more. The people were scared. but the mayor had realized that it would be very difficult to tell enemy from friend, so the town must prepare to defend itself to the best of it's abilities. He sent a letter to every household detailing how if soldiers came, they would most likely pursue their daughters, and try to take their sons for war. The men seemed reluctant at first, but it soon became clear that the Mayor was right. Any of the Men or boys who owned guns formed a small militia. The boys and men in the militia became the more desirable people in town.

After about 3 months, a radio broadcast came in reporting that the stalemate had still not been broken. This was bad news. winter was coming, and they had run out of energy. The lines had been cut. All of the men would warm up with their wives, but many of the boys in the militia had nobody. They might have frozen to death if it wasn't for the firewood that they had stockpiled. Despite this, many of the boys used this as an excuse to find lady friends in the village. Considering that nobody had had a kid for about 18 years in Statesburg, all the boys and girls were practically adults. They all kind of knew each other. But luckily, much of the battle was happening miles away. Apart from the occasional mortar or tank shelling, the village was not involved. Almost nobody thought that the peace would last. So many of the boys started to try to live a little before they had to fight. if you catch my meaning ;)

I hope this was interesting to you, my fellow reader! this is my first rp post, so I hope that I left it kind of open ended for you all! if you are interested, say it! I will put some more later, but I am currently pressed for time! If you are interested, but wish to know more, feel free to PM me with your questions! I will answer the best I can!