Game Notes and Rules
- This game will take place in the non-canon Tokai Region. Tokai has it's own towns, Gyms, Gym Leaders, Pokemon League, lores, and many other things.
- There will Not
be any "Fakemon" in this game. Mega Evolution will be strictly limited, especially in the early game.
- As Sun and Moon are NOT out yet, please refrain from asking about the new Gen 7 Pokemon, moves, abilities, or items. I will include them when the game comes out and I have played through it myself.
- This will Not
be a system game. We are all adults here, so I believe that we won't need a system to get things done.
- This will be a loosely guided freeform game with the plot moving forward via story events.
- That in mind, all final decisions will be decided by me. If all else fails and a conflict can't be resolved, I will step in and resolve it.
- I am only looking for Trainers, not Gym Leader, Elite Four members, or past champions. This game is OCs Only
- This will not be a superfast game. I will try for once-a-week posts, but it may be a little slower than that.
- I do not plan for a smut-filled game. Although such things are fun, but it can really bog down a game. I would like this to be mostly story based. As such, character genders don't matter.
- On that note, any sexual content will remain between humans. I am not too much a fan of Pokemon x Human pairings.
- I only plan on taking five trainers with me on this adventure. As such, though character gender doesn't matter, it is nice to have an even pairing of males and females.
- Finally, I would prefer anyone who wants to play this game to have taken the Oath of Drake (Note: Though it is preferred, it's NOT required) and have an O/Os thread (The matrix is nice, but having an actual thread would be much preferred).
So, with all of that out of the way, let me welcome you to the Tokai Region! This region is very much separated from the rest of the Pokemon world and the only way to get there is by plane or by sea, and even then, it's a long journey. It's one of the newest regions in existence, their Pokemon League being barely three years old. Despite it's isolation from the rest of the world by vast seas, Tokai is very big and it has been speculated that it was the center of a vast super-continent millions of years ago. However, not all is grand in this world.
A war, unlike any other in the other regions, ravished the land and left much of the region in ruin. Now, the region is in a state of rebuilding and, for the first time in the region's history, a Pokemon League was built. It was a rough job, but structure was finally found in Tokai. After three years, the region is now open to trainers from the outside. Compared to other regions, this region is harsh and dangerous. Though their are places where different Pokemon can live perfectly in their natural habitats, but a vast portion of the region is a ruined wasteland. Most of the population resides around the edges of the region in large, coastal, modern towns and cities, leaving smaller, makeshift towns and villages throughout the rest of the region.
That's where we come in. We get to test this fledgling region and League. Some will come by air and others by sea, relatively new trainers with high hopes and dreams, willing to risk it all in the search for Championship. There will be danger, there will be action, there will be adventure, and there may even be romance, but nothing is ever truly guaranteed. Who is willing to find out where this adventure takes us?
This game will be a more realistic take on Pokemon. People and Pokemon can be badly injured and there will likely be deaths. There will be parts of this game that will be quite dark. However, this doesn't mean that your character or their Pokemon will die or be injured. That is still the player's choice, but there will be scenes where NPCs and their Pokemon will be hurt and/or killed by other NPCs and their Pokemon. This doesn't mean it will be all gloom, doom, death, and violence, but it won't be all sunshine and sparkles either.
[floatleft][img height=200 padding=5]INSERT IMAGE URL HERE[/img][/floatleft]
[b]Age:[/b] (Preferably 17-21)
[b]Orientation:[/b] (Can be any orientation, but being specifically Hetrosexual or Homosexual can be limiting; However, as this isn't a game run off the sexual element, that shouldn't come up too often, so don't worry too much about this.)
[b]Home Region:[/b] (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova or Kalos)
[b]Team:[/b] (Everyone is given '6 Points' for team building; Explained below)
[b]Personality:[/b] (Just a few sentences)
[b]Biography:[/b] (Just a paragraph or two; I'm not looking for League Champions, Ex-Gym Leaders, or anything like that; However, 1 or, at most, 2 gym badges from their home region is good enough)
[b]Bag Contents:[/b] (The contents of the bag will be subject to GM approval, however, the standard for trainers are: a sleeping back and/or small tent, 10 Pokeballs, 5 Potions, some Pokemon food, and a few extra items)
[b]Ons/Offs:[/b] (Link to player's Ons/Offs thread)
Now, before you begin working on your Character, you'll notice that the team needs explaining. This game is about following the journeys of six relatively new trainers in a new, strange region. It's possible that your characters can have a badge, maybe even two badges from whatever region they came from, but no more than that. They certainly won't have any badges in this region. So, that brings us to the reasoning behind this.
Our characters can have anywhere between one and three Pokemon on their starting team. However, there are some restrictions on this. It would be easy for someone to have a team of Arcanine, Blastoise, and Sawsbuck to start, but that would be too easy, if you get what I mean. So, here's the Pokemon Team Rule:
As you noticed in the character sheet, each trainer has six 'points' that allows them to have anywhere from one to three Pokemon. Each Pokemon has a certain 'price,' but don't let that confuse you. Here's the 'prices:'
- 2 Points: Includes most First Stage Pokemon (Ex. Charmander, Wurmple, and Yamask) and all Baby Pokemon (Ex. Pichu, Budew, and Cleffa).
- 4 Points: Includes most Single Stage Pokemon, Fully-Evolved Early Bug-Type Pokemon (Beedrill, Dustox, Vespiquen, and Mothim (No one wants a Combee any of their other first stages!)), Gyarados/Milotic (No one really wants a Magikarp/Feebas, do they?), Evolved forms of Baby Pokemon (Ex. Pikachu, Magmar, and Marill), Eeveelutions (Ex. Jolteon, Espeon, and Leafeon), Most Middle-Stage Pokemon (Ex. Gloom, Marshtomp, and Tranquill) and First Stage Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon (Ex. Bagon, Beldum, and Dratini).
- 6 Points: Includes Middle-Stage Pseudo-Legendaries (Ex. Pupitar, Sliggoo, and Zweilous) and Most Fully-Evolved Pokemon (Ex. Cinccino, Skuntank, and Blastoise)
You do NOT have to use all six points. If you want a brand new trainer with just a Chimchar, feel free! That's just 2 points and one Pokemon, but if it suits your character, do it! Just the same, you could use all six points and get a Shellder, Bidoof, and an Eevee. Just pick what Pokemon you feel that you want and works well with the character you have in mind!
Next up, in regards to Pokemon, these types will be limited: Pseudo-Legendaries, Shiny Pokemon, Fossils, and Mega Evolutions. Here's why:
- Pseudo-Legendaries: Among the strongest of Pokemon when they reach their final stage, they are among the most difficult to train and take the longest to fully evolve; Finding them, let alone catching them, can be very difficult.
- Shiny Pokemon: Extremely rare, these Pokemon are highly valued, despite their coloration being the only difference between them and normal colored versions. As such, Shiny Pokemon are often stolen and sold on black markets.
- Fossils: Finding a fossil that is intact enough to revive is very rare. While not as rare as a Shiny (or anywhere close to that), intact fossils are highly valued by scientists. As such, unless someone is actively looking for them, most trainers ignore them. While Fossil Pokemon are much less likely to be stolen than a Shiny or a Mega Stone, they're rare enough that they may pose a threat to their trainer. I, personally, plan to have a Fossil Pokemon myself as I adore them.
- Mega Stones: Extremely valuable and highly sought after, Mega Stones allow a Pokemon to Mega Evolve. Because of this, trainers with Mega Stones are often targets for thieves.
It's complicated, I know, but if you have any questions, let me know.