You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 23, 2016, 01:01:05 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Looking to give my muse a good work out  (Read 961 times)

Offline FlaminGloryTopic starter

Looking to give my muse a good work out
« on: January 11, 2016, 10:38:57 PM »
There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”
― Maya Angelou, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Hello Fellow Writers,

As the quote about suggest I am looking for untold stories and am more the willing to help you tell them. Same goes for me, I would love some help telling my stories and also help me get rid of some bad habits. I want to grow as a writer and some of the things that I have issues and I consider bad habits. (Ex: Figuring out what to do through the story, where I want to end it at and eventually getting to an ending that doesn't result in a cliff hanger. Also, I want to learn to play multiply characters. So if I do get to the point where I want to start writing a novel I can do multiply characters without any issues.) If there are any bad habits that you want to break, I will be more the willing to help you break those. I am looking to write novel posts, meaning Lit writers. If you look at my other posts you can see that they are either one liners or one paragraph. That is what I mean that I want to grow as a writer. No more one liners or one paragraph from me.

So if I haven't scared you away, please continue on to the what you can expect from me. Oh, heads up I only do thread role plays. Reason being that I have started many role plays in emails, PMs and in IMs and I have had them all die on me. So if you don't mind threads only continue on. Also, my biggest pet peeve is someone taking control of my character, I won't do it to you so don't do it to me.

Please and this is a really big please, give me something to reply to, if I don't understand what you are trying to say in your post, it will be hard for me to post back and I might as you to tell me which way we are going and to edit, so it flows. You are more then welcome to do that to me as well. I will be more than happy to edit if my partner needs me to.

What you can expect from me:

Now depending on my work schedule you might now get a post a day from me, or at least I will try to be on more than once a week.

A literature post (meaning 4 to 6 paragraphs or more if need and I expect the same from you), if for some reason I can't it all written that day, I will put a note saying that the post is not done.

I will help move the plot of the story along. (same for my partner and if we need to take a break to brainstorm. I am totally fine with that.)

If we need to take a break for any reason, let me know.

Read, read, read. Read everything -- trash, classics, good and bad, and see how they do it. Just like a carpenter who works as an apprentice and studies the master. Read! You'll absorb it.
Then write. If it's good, you'll find out. If it's not, throw it out of the window.”
― William Faulkner
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 08:14:33 PM by FlaminGlory »

Re: Looking to give my muse a good work out
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 10:49:05 PM »
Things I roleplay:
What I'm craving will be italicized.
Since it is fall, I am craving more of the supernatural roleplays. (Ghosts, Vampires, Witches, Horror, Suspense etc..)

Books/Comic Books/Graphic Novels.
Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles
Vampire the Masquarde.
Tamora Perice

Movies/TV Shows/Anime/Games
Psycho Pass
Ghost in the Shell
Star Trek
Star Wars
Until Dawn
Mass Effect
Fullmetal Alchemist.
James Bond
Fall out
Game of Thrones (would love to play opposite of Robb Stark, Jon Snow or Oberyn Martell.)
American Horror Story

Dystopian Society
High School Romance
Alien Invasion

A reminder that anyone of these can be combined.

Haven's End (Non-con)
Haven is a small city on the planet of Serenity in the spiral galaxy. This city first started as a colony, who's soul purpose was to get out of the war with the Empire of Planets and the Republic . Many years passed and the colony turned into a small and peaceful city with only a small police force to keep the peace. The Empire of Planets gets wind of this city on the planet of Serenity and as it is close to one of the planets occupied by the Kingdom of Doom. The Emperor decided to send his best Commander, Commander William Tanner and his wolf brigade, the most elite soldiers in the fleet, to Haven to set up a military base, whether the locals want it there or not.

I would love someone to play Commander William Tanner. He is a noble and doesn't care about the lower class peasants of this planet.

Xmen:  (Light/Borderline NC maybe)
Miranda Willams is the daughter of the commander of the MRD, an organization that has committed themselves to control mutants. When she helps her friend to get to Professor Xavier's School for the Gifted. She immediately is on their rader as they try to get her to tell her where they are. (I'm still hashing out the details, but if anyone is interested please pm Although I would like to have the pairing with a mutant oc and canon accepted)

To win his heart (M/F Light)
It is time for the King to chose his Queen and a royal summons is sent out to all of the noble families for them to send their daughters to the castle. Every family hopes that their daughter is chosen and Aurora's family is no different. Although she has other plans, she is not going to do anything to make the King notice her and the sooner the king chooses his queen, she can head home and never think about this again. Little does she know that the king is noticing her, whether she wants his attention or not. (Looking for someone to play the King.)

Post-Apocalyptic RP
A cure was created to stop any disease that might harm the human body, the world thought that it was a leap in medical science. Imagine the world where no one would ever get sick, no cancer, no fatal issues. What a perfect world, except that the virus had a nasty side effect. Causing some of the infected to become vampires or vampiric in nature. As the need for blood was great that they started to get it any way they can. Some of the ones that had the cure in them but didn't get any of the symptoms were complete overrun. Most were corralled into pens while others survive of the street. This is a new world order, one where you survive or become one of them.

The Wolf Brigade (Noncon/Bondage.)
The Wolf Brigade is the most elite soldiers in the Earth Republic, and also the most feared. To be chosen to be part of the ranks is the most honored position that a soldier  can get and when a young cadet is accepted into their ranks the feeling is no different. Little does the cadet know that the Wolf Brigade as their own secrets, running from blackmail to assignations. The cadet has a choice to blow the whistle and possible get killed or join the world and be part of the Wolf Brigade

DC: The New Batgirl (Light)
Ever since Barbara Gordon was shot and could no longer be Batgirl, she had been looking for a replacement and she had found out. Although the girl that she has chosen to be Batgirl has less than clean background as she had spent most of her time in and out of jail. Barbara has given her a second chance to do what is right and to stack up some good deeds. One thing, though, Batman doesn't know that there is a new Batgirl, all he knows is that there is a new criminal or what he thinks is a new criminal dress in a bat suit.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:01:59 PM by FlaminGlory »

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 08:48:09 PM »
Character Sheets

Harry Potter

Name: Amber Blackwood

Hair Color: Raven Black Hair

Eye Color: Grey

Job in the Wizarding World: Potioneer

Personality: Stubborn, Feisty, loves to learn and believes that there is always more then to learn, thinks that she would never be as good as professor Snape.

Past: Miranda didn't know want to expect and what she would learn at Hogwarts Witchcraft and Wizardry, needless to say she was nervous and excited, as she stepped off the train and standing with the rest of future classmates. Then came her first potions class and she knew she found what she wanted to do for a living. Seeing Professor Snape as her mentor, she hung on his every word and took every class she could on potions and potion making, devouring every book she could get her hands on. Even going as far as buying more advance potion books then what was required for her classes. Soon graduating after graduating from Hogwarts, she took a job at the Ministry to regulate what potions and what ingredients were coming in the country.

Personal Goals: To become as great or a greater potions master then the professor that she considers her mentor.

Full metal Alchemist Characters (Brotherhood or Original)

Name: Celine Mason
Birthday: May 24
Occupation: Use to be a master thief and is now part of the military as punishment for her crimes.
Hair: Long, dark and red, usually pulled up in a ponytail or bun.
Eyes: Deep set, violet-grey eyes.
Height: 5’ 9”
Weight: 110

Alchemy: She can has the power of air, although the military doesn't know it as she has kept hidden from them. She can wrap it around her to make her lighter and faster than humanly possible.
Body Style: Athletic build, which helps when she is climbing walls and jumping from roof to roof, alchemy helps with that as well, also helps her to be light on her feet causing her to be fast and silent when she is moving.

Back ground: Celine was born East City on May 24th to William and Lillian Mason. Her parents were merchants and owned a small cart in the marketplace. Although the family was poor, Celine would change her family for anything. Since she was eight, her family would make a weekend trip to Isvala with food and cloth. Her parents had instilled in her to always be kind and help others and that was a lesson she took to heart. When she was 11 when the  war broke out between Amestris and Ishvala, the trips her parents made was not only for trading food and cloth but for also getting some of the Ishvalans out and away from the war zone. Celine was left at home during that time as her mother felt that it was too dangerous for a girl like her to be out there.
She remembers one night her parents leaving to help the Ishvalans, but they never returned and the military had stormed into the house and started to raid it, after they were done, she was taken to the orphanage. At the age of 13, she escaped the orphanage as she couldn't take another year there and turned to a life of crime. At first she stole small things like food, before moving up to wallets and then breaking into military buildings searching for anything to tell her what happened to her parents.  It would be years before she found out what happened, that her parents were killed by the military had killed them for being traitors to the country.
Personality: She tends to be antisocial, but once you break through her shell, you will find that she is easy going and funny. She doesn't give her trust or loyalty easy and to her you have to earn it as she has been hurt to many times in the past. She keeps her secrets close to her heart.
Likes: Sweet and spicy food, when she wants to be alone, she likes to be in a high up place where the air is cleaner and cooler.

Dislikes: The military (even though she was forced to work with them). Someone thinking that they are better they someone else and refusing to help others that are less fornate.

One Duty- She wears the normal military uniform, blue pants, black military boots, and a blue jacket.
Off Duty-tan pants and black tennis shoes, usually a black or red t-shirt with a brown leather jacket, (hair will down)

Spy/Criminal/James Bond

Name: Angela Godfrey
Hair: shoulder length, dark brown hair
Eye: Almond shaped, green eyes.
Nationality: American and English

Background: Angela had been interested in computers ever since she was young, what she was more interested was hacking. It wasn’t to unleash virus on to the world but to hack for information. Although she did create a virus to create a firewall to stop it. Unfortunately at the age of 12, her virus accidentally got attached to an email that was sent out, what she wanted to do was test the firewall she had set on her friend’s computer, promising to buy her a new computer if she ended up destroying hers, the virus ended up shutting down her computer completely, but not before attaching to emails and being sent to other computers. Eventually it hit the government computers, mostly in American, United Kingdom, and Russia. It took them a few weeks to find out where the virus came from and before she knew it she was arrested for crimes not only by her country but others as well. Ruling was that she was not allowed a computer until she turned the age of 18.  Also she would have to work for the government agency in either America or England, since she is a citizen of both countries.
Likes: Food (mostly sweets and junk food), Breaking into computers just to see if she can and also to see what information that it holds.

Dislikes: Being treated like a child and/or that she is stupid.

Body type: Top hourglass body.

Types of roleplays: Spy/Criminal/James Bond

Let me know if you are interested in using any of theses characters in a role play.
Fake Name: Elisabeth Collison
Powers: Intellect, Invisibility, Force-Field Generation, Force-Field Manipulation, Energy Shield Construction
Hometown:Spearfish, South Dakota
Hair: Long wavy red hair, usually put up in a ponytail.
Eyes: Almonds shaped blue eyes.
Body type: Athletic
Clothes: Worn and torn pair of blue jeans, a pair of black converse tennis shoes, a long sleeve black shirt and a black leather jacket (once belonged to her brother). A worn backpack carrying everything, she owns.
Background: Miranda was born on July 28th to William and Alexandra Allen. She has one older brother (Aaron) and one older sister (Victoria), making her the third child of the family. She lived a happy life and put up with her father’s anti-mutants and super-human hate speech, although she disagreed with them as she felt they deserve to be accepted for who they are. They weren’t living in the 1950’s it was time for the world to accept people for who they were, but try telling that to her father and her sister. A week after her seventeenth birthday, her powers started to develop and once her family found out, that was pretty much the end of her happy life at home. According to her father and sister, she was the enemy and that she was no longer welcome there. Making the decision, she told her mother and her brother that she was leaving and don't look for her. Even though her mother and brother tried to keep her hear, they knew that it was for the best. They gave her what money they had and her brother gave her his leather jacket. , she promised to keep in touch as much as she could and that she would be careful, before disappearing into the night.
Personality: Stubborn and doesn't trust people right way, that comes from living on the road for a year. She is very handy and can repair almost anything as long as she knows what she is working with. Hides her powers for fear of being treated the same way that she was treated at home.
Goals: To find a place to belong, where she can tell her mother and her brother that she is safe. Her future goals is just to survive right now, she'll figure out what she wanted for the rest of her life. Perhaps she would help others find places where they belong, wherever they might be.
Roleplays: Marvel Universe.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 08:21:33 PM by FlaminGlory »

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 09:01:34 PM »
Updated cravings

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 09:39:45 PM »
Added some character sheets.

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 08:39:50 PM »
Updated Cravings

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 08:39:53 PM »
Updated Cravings.

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 12:48:44 PM »
Updated Cravings.

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 08:21:54 PM »
Updated cravings and added a Fall special.

« Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 06:02:18 PM »
Updated Cravings