You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 26, 2016, 06:21:58 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Cthulhutech?  (Read 357 times)

Offline TransgirlensteinTopic starter

« on: November 20, 2008, 01:48:32 PM »
As a big Cthulhu fan, I tend to perk up whenever I hear about a new Cthulhu game.  At the same time, I've become pickier about which rpgs I buy recently as I hate to spend money on a game that either has clunky rules or that no one I know will play.  So I was wondering if anyone here has read, bought or played this game.  What did you think about it?  What did you like or hate?  What sort of options does the game give you?  How's the system?

Offline ZK

Re: Cthulhutech?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 06:47:08 AM »
The game is older then your information. It's been out over a year now, but mainly due to marketing issues, it's been bounced between so many different publishers it's pathetic.

I own it, it's quite interesting. It offers a solid choice of things to play, given templates. Or if you and the GM is in an experimenting mood, you can make your own.

The dice system is relatively easy to learn and the way you choose successes is rather unique, in short, it's like playing a poker hand. Nothing I really dislike about the game, the only true weakness it has is how hard it's to get a copy, hopefully that will be rectified in the future.