You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 09:50:04 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: [WOD: Bad Dreams] House Rules  (Read 1825 times)

Offline CreeperTopic starter

• RoXoRZ your BoXoRZ since 503 B.C
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • Professional Witch Toucher
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
[WOD: Bad Dreams] House Rules
« on: October 20, 2005, 10:15:51 PM »
Here I shall place houserules that affect both Mage and Changling

Experience

Experience shall be handed out on Saturday of each week. The amount given depends on a number of conditions set, which nets you awards at the end of the week.

And you don't have to worry about falling out of step with the other players, as most will be in seperate threads.

The Player Award: You get 1 XP every week just for participating. Thank you so much for playing my game!

The Hyperposter Award: If you make more than 7 posts during the week, you get 1 XP. Show us the love!

The One-liner Award: What can I say? I'm a sucker for a good catch-phrase or situational joke. +1 XP for the best one-liner

Sucess is What you make of it Award: Won by completing a signifigant character Goal. +1 XP.

Mine Will Be Done: Mages only. The use of magic to make a Signifigant, lasting change to the whole city will get you 1 XP

Tricksters, Muses and Ghosts: Changelings only. Inspiring a mortal to do something signifigant, or to make a large change in their life, without screwing with their minds. 1 XP.

Perversity Award: If you do something paticularly perverse, the smut gods award you with +1 XP. And No, just tieing someone up won't do it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 05:48:58 PM by Creeper »

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
Changeling house rules.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 02:48:00 AM »
Definitions

Glamour
Glamour is possibility, and the emotions that are given off when a possibilty is embraced. The Glamour is thicker when you are younger, because it seems like anything is possible there. Invention, Art, Action, and Emotions that comes with embracing a possibility can all produce Glamour. From a brilliant play in a hockey game to a painting to inventing a new piece of technology.

Blanality
Blanality is the absolute denial of possibility, or turning away from it in fear. It is restricting your view of the world, and turning away from anything that violates it.

Conflict
There will be places where these two definitions. For instance, how do you determine if someone is Embracing a possibilty, or denying all other? Look to the character's motivations; an act performed out of Fear or Rage is more likely denial then one done out of curiosity. In the end, I'll have t

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
Re: Changeling house rules.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 04:04:10 AM »
Cantrip Rules

-The base amount of dice for a cantrip is Attribute+Art being used.
-Cantrip difficulty will now be based on the individual Art used, ranging from 6-9, like most other WoD powers.
-Realm no longer adds to your dice pool; you need them to actually use your Cantrips effectively. You can use a Cantrip that has more dots in a Realm then you currently have, but it imposes a dice pool penalty equal to the rank you need.
-You only need to spend a glamour point in a Cantrip if you want to use a modifier realm. You don't need to spend them to affect mortals, autum people, using a cantrip without a bunk, etc etc.
-You can spend Glamour points to add dice to your Cantrip dice pool. You can no longer lower the difficulty with them.
-Bunks add to your dice pool equal to the level of Bunk used.
-There is no 'Wryd', you have the option of using any cantrip, or even revealing your Fae Mein to anyone, but not without consiqunces...
-You no longer have to overcome the Blanality of anybody, though it can interfere with some Cantrips. When an unenchanted mortal or autum person sees you doing something obviously supernatural, his Blanality is rolled with successes becoming points of Temporary Blanality to be inflicted on your character. This will increase with the number of witnesses to your folly.

What this all means is that it is, overall, much easier to use your Cantrips. With bunks and Glamour, they can be very powerful too. But throwing them around willy-nilly increases your chances of being seen by a sleeper, and getting smacked with Blanality.

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 04:25:25 AM »
Changeling Seeming

The appearance of Changelings are not restricted by their kith. The book appearances are common sterotypes, but the appearances of the Fae can take many forms...

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2005, 04:40:31 AM »
Background Restrictions

Title is capped at 3
Retinue is capped at 3
Resources is capped at 4

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
Re: Universal Houserules
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 04:43:50 AM »
Blanality and Mages

All Traditionalist Mages possess a Blanality ranging from 2-4; Someone who can bend reality to his very whims, regardless of what form it takes, deviates against Blanality simply by existing.

Enlightened Scientists (Technocrats) usually range a bit higher. Orphans are judged on a case by case basis.

• Lord
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
Re: Universal Houserules
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 04:56:40 AM »
Glamour and Mages

Mages have the privilage of being Mortal, and almost completely seperated from the Blanality that rules his lesser kin. Enchantments invoked on them last three times as long. Mages can Enchant themselves with a Prime 2, Spirit 2 effect (or perhaps some other effect, if you can come up with a creative use of spheres).

What's more, Mages are a souce of far more Glamour. Any time a Mage uses his magic to help in some work of Glamour, (Lowering the difficulty of the roll, adding more dice, etc) he produces twice as much Glamour then normal mortals. Ravagers beware, as they get a willpower roll to detect the use of Ravaging or Rhapsody, and ususally have destructive means of defending themselves.