You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 28, 2016, 01:34:00 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Can't get rid of AVG.  (Read 488 times)

Offline MymarTopic starter

Can't get rid of AVG.
« on: October 25, 2015, 06:20:15 PM »
I installed it once because I wanted to see if I have viruses. Now I can't get rid of it, it installed itself on my  browser, and I have it disabled and it still installs itself back and changes my home page, I need help. I've tried everything to get rid of it. I really don't want to wipe windows just to get rid of AVG. This has turned into a nightmare.

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Can't get rid of AVG.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 06:25:31 PM »
When trying to uninstall something through the Control Panel (Windows) doesn't work I use Google to try and find a solution.  I've learned that there is hardly ever a problem someone out there hasn't solved already. :-)

Offline MymarTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 12:14:23 AM »
I tried google it didn't work.

Offline Derick

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 10:41:55 AM »

Have you tried Revo's Uninstaller ? There is a free version at
that will find all references to AVG (leftovers) -  after the standard delete including  entries in the Registry. Just tell it to go ahead and delete them when asked.