You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 02:31:55 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Once Upon a Time: the Musings of Aiyanna  (Read 1311 times)

Offline AiyannaTopic starter

• Generally Lucid ~ Marginally Manic ~ Intentionally Poetic ~ Sarcastically Witty ~ Loveable Comic Relief for the Masses
  • Lady
  • Seducer
  • I only bite when you ask nice! ;)
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Once Upon a Time: the Musings of Aiyanna
« on: October 13, 2015, 03:31:56 PM »
Welcome

Good day, everyone, and welcome to my idea thread! My name is Aiyanna, or I'll also answer to Aiy, Aiya, or recently, Yanna. Before we get started with the ideas, allow me to spare us all some heartache, and direct you to my O/o's thread, located here. If our tastes aren't compatible, let's not waste any time reading about my ideas, shall we?

Oh, you're back? Think we might have some things in common? Great! Let's talk ideas. Now that you've perused my On's and Off's, you know some of the things I like to see in a story, and some of the things I don't. Keep in mind, however, that none of this is set in stone, and not everything I like has to be included in a story.

Note: DON'T POST HERE. If you want to write with me, send me a PM, preferably marked with the title of the story idea you are interested in.

Note 2: Did you browse through these ideas and nothing quite tickled your fancy, but you still think we'd be a good fit? I'm just a PM away. I won't promise to jump on every idea that comes my way, but I will promise to listen to anything you want to try to sell me. Also, feel free to browse my active threads for inspiration. They should give you some good examples of my writing style.

Note 3: Is the idea you want taken? That's okay! I am willing to discuss alternatives to a taken story and run multiples side by side.

Active Games:

The Anansi Initiative w/Erlind
The Winterkin and the Witch w/Caradoc
Across the Realms w/Davikk(On Hold)
Retribution w/Mister Magic Man(On Hold)
The Lazarus Conspiracy w/Le Immortelle
The God's Children w/Retribution(On Hold)
A Knight's Betrayal w/worldeater(On Hold)

Open Ideas

Purple=Craving
Black=Open
Red=Taken

NEW!Morior Invictus, Invictus Maneo

I am of the opinion that few things in writing surpass the elegance and refinement of Latin, or one of its closest modern cousins, Italian. This phrase stuck with me when I heard it, and, well, the concept 'I die unvanquished', or the more popular translation, 'death before defeat,' is simply an ideal basis for a story!

I don't have a full cloth at the moment, but there is the potential for a weaving great enough that it would be selfish of me to keep it to myself. All I have at the moment is a hazy notion of a hero/protagonist type character dying and being reborn again constantly throughout history. Every time they fall, their last words are morior invictus. When they rise again, the phrase is invictus maneo (I remain unvanquished).  I'd like to tie in more of the concepts around such a hero loosely based on Roman Imperialism, but this story could easily take place in any time period, on any world. It could go more historical, or we can go off the deep end with our own world creation and just use the Latin and Roman concepts as an inspiration.

I have no gender or race requirements here, other than my own preference for playing a female. Any magic or supernatural elements will likely be Greek/Roman mythology based or entirely original, if there are any beyond the rebirth cycle of one, or perhaps both of the characters. There are plenty of ways to go here. Let's vanquish together!

A Knight's Betrayal

Story Elements: Betrayal, Non-con, Redemption, Adventure

This story will be loosely based upon the first two books of a quartet written by Tamora Pierce. The story features a young woman who disguises her gender to become a knight. In the books, the woman earns the friendship and trust of those who learn her secret, and goes on to win her shield and become a hero after her gender is revealed during a duel with the evil brother of the king, who attempts to kill the king, the queen, and the prince, who is a close friend of the young woman.

Our story, however, would begin shortly after the duel, and in our version, no one except the young woman's servant will have known about the deception. I would play the young woman, you would play the prince. MC's life would be spared since she saved the lives of the royal family, but there are other consequences for her to face from her friend the prince, who feels betrayed when he discovers the great lie she has told for the past several years. How will MC redeem herself in the eyes of the prince?

Angel Down

Story Elements: Crime, Partnership, Modern

An angel gets stuck on Earth after losing a terrible battle, and is discovered unconscious in the street by a cop in a big city. Not knowing what else to do when a mythical creature appears out of nowhere, the cop brings the angel home and helps them recover. Soon, however, the ancient war follows the angel to the streets, and the two of them find themselves trying to win, and hide, a war as old as time itself.

Alternative: The angel was banished to Earth after failing an assigned task, and the cop helps them regain their lost status by helping them do good on Earth.

I can play either role here (my character will be female), but the other character can be either gender.

Imagine a world, all the pages of history spread before you...

Story elements: War, time-travel, post-apocalypse, fantasy or sci-fi

This story is inspired by the phrase above. It came to me after a silly remark in the AB, and it just sounded like a great little attention getter for a plot bunny!

A person from the modern day world wakes up one day and discovers an odd device left on his doorstep with a note. The note says, that with this device, he can travel through time. This person is fascinated by history, and thinks this is basically the coolest thing ever. They gather some supplies, and head in to the past. They visit ancient Egypt, the Roman Empire, Renaissance England and the Far East during the height of the silk trade. Until one day, something goes terribly, terribly wrong. While visiting (insert era here, can be anything) they kill someone. It's an accident, but they flee to the present, except, everything has changed. The death of that one person, in the wrong place, in the wrong time, completely changes the fabric of time.

Because that person? Was a member of another race, and when the body is discovered by the humans of the past, it sets in motion a chain of events that can not be stopped. This is where the other character would enter the mix. They are a member of the other race, and find the time traveler when he returns to the present. At first, they are going to kill the other person, but then they see the device and hear his story, and realize they have to help him fix the present, at least much as it can be fixed. The device is destroyed during the last trip, however, as it never would have been invented in this new present, and basically self destructs.

Now, we can go either fantasy or sci-fi with this. The other race could be fairies or elves or some such thing, or it could be aliens. The other race would have hidden among humans for centuries, after an ancient war with them that has faded from human memory, and was never recorded in any history book. The accidental death of one of the other race at the hands of a human ignites old hatreds, particularly after the body of their fallen comrade is found and studied by humans, and this is how the world changes. I want to work out details and build this new world with my partner. I can play either role, and my partner's character can be male or female. Mine will be female.

The Once and Future King

This is another old idea. I tried it once or twice, but it died. I figured I'd post it up again. This is, as you can probably guess, a King Arthur story! However....with my own rather mischievous twist.

I had this idea after watching the BBC series, Merlin. Now, before you get ahead of yourself, don't think this is going to be a medieval fantasy story with canon characters, because it's not, not really. At the very end of the series, **spoiler alert**, Arthur dies. He isn't king of Camelot for more than like, a year, then he dies in this whole, crazy, final battle situation. At which point, Merlin discovers that while Arthur is indeed the once and future king, this time around is the 'once' part, not the 'future' part. So, Merlin being immortal, he is stuck waiting around for his king and friend to return at a time when England, and the world, will need him again. The final scene of the show is of a very old Merlin walking down a modern day road, and for a moment the camera pauses, showing the island of Avalon in the background, and Merlin just smiles before the screen goes black.

SO! With all the pesky backstory out of the way, here is my idea! Our story would actually begin about, lets say fifty years after the final scene of the show. The apocalypse has come, WW3, fall of modern society, blah, blah, blah. Merlin is still around, go figure, and he realizes, now is the time when Arthur must return to rebuild the world. But he also knows, he will not be around to help much with the effort. He is old, over a thousand years, and very tired. About 15-20 years before the apocalypse, he takes on an apprentice, an orphan girl he finds roaming the streets. His apprentice will be my character. My partners character will be, you guessed it, the reincarnation of King Arthur! And, if you really want to use your imagination, I'm even willing to let King Arthur's reincarnation be female. So. Our story would be a long, adventurey type story. Not huge on the kinky stuff, but definitely with plenty of opportunities for romance. Merlin will be a very small role canon character, and he's gonna die not too far in to the story anyway. As always, PM if interested!

A Musical Inspiration

I have this song stuck in the back of my head, and something is nagging at me to make a plot based (however vaguely) on the lyrics. Or if you listen and it sparks something for you, tell me about it! I want to hear your thoughts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3eB6in0Vrw
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 12:31:03 AM by Aiyanna »

• Generally Lucid ~ Marginally Manic ~ Intentionally Poetic ~ Sarcastically Witty ~ Loveable Comic Relief for the Masses
  • Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
Re: Once Upon a Time: the Musings of Aiyanna
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 11:48:51 AM »
Added Imagine a world...

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 06:01:13 PM »
Added In Media Res

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 09:35:25 PM »
Added The 100 Year War

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 01:06:43 PM »
Added The Rescue, the Change and Between the Pages

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 08:09:25 PM »
Added The Once and Future King

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 01:25:09 AM »
Added A Musical Inspiration

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 12:02:04 AM »
Stories updated, removed, and added to!

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 01:31:48 PM »
Look! It's a bump

• Lady
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 11:11:19 PM »
Bump.

Also, see my one shot idea, posted in the one shot request thread!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 11:15:50 PM by Aiyanna »