Help Yahoo won't let me log in

Started by WindVoyager, September 11, 2015, 03:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindVoyager

It was working a half hour ago and now it wont allow me to log into my main account.

No matter how many times I try it will not allow me to log in. I f I click the Can't Access My Account doesn't help, it just cycles between three pages and nothing more not matter what I do. And yes I've deleted the cookies and history and it's still doing this. And I've tried three browser and it still won't work

There is NO change password option at all since they never care about thier customers.

Yahoo as usual is of NO help what so ever. I desperately need to figure out what is happening since its connected to how I make money. No e mail, no money.

AmberStarfire

Try logging in to yahoo.ie or into a different yahoo domain and going to the mail page.

If it's a cookie related error, clear those off first for yahoo and mail.yahoo.com and try a forced refresh (ctrl-f5).

Can you login with YIM? If so, you ought to be able to click a mail link on there to open up your mailbox.

WindVoyager

Already tried that, eased the cookies and everything and it still wont let me log in. Wont let me use my other yahoo mail address either. I'm starting to become very concerned since I NEED the stuff that is in that inbox. I really shouldn't be surprised that yahoo has dropped the ball again.

YIM won't  log in either. Almost forgot about it but I can't log in at all.

AmberStarfire

Mine's working.

Do you have a phone or a different machine you can try logging in from, or you could try a different browser?

It may be related to the device you're using.

WindVoyager

My phone's screen is small and its very, very difficult to use the net on while on it and I've tried all three browsers.  I've tried everything I can think of and its becoming extremely frustrating and worrisome.

It wont work at all for me.

If I try the Can't Access Your Account link all it does it cycle between three pages and that all it does. It wont allow me to change the password or anything

AmberStarfire

It's handy to know though if it's possible to login from your phone, because if it is then you know the problem is either with your computer or (if your phone uses a different internet connection), your computer's internet.

WindVoyager

I know its not my net or computer since a friend tried to log in on thier computer and it still wont work.

Yahoo is still of no help and I may be loosing my job over this BS since I NEED that e-mail. It pisses me off and worries me to the point I may throw up  since i need this job since I work online and that e-mail was just for it. Fucking Yahoo is no help and I've called them and got nothing but the automated voice that parroted everything that was on thier 'help' site and even Tweeted (can't belvei I had to sign up for that) and they are still of no help

AmberStarfire

Try this (then you'll be able to see where the problem lies, possibly).

You should have the option to 'run' cmd.exe from your windows menu.

It should bring up a dos/command prompt.

Type tracert mail.yahoo.com and hit enter.

It should being up the path to yahoo and if it stops somewhere along the way, that's likely where your problem is.

You may not want to copy/paste in your IP address which will be near the top.

In order to copy/paste, you right click and go to 'mark' and click on that. Then highlight the area you want to copy and hit enter. You should then be able to paste it in.

It should look like this:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
(c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\windows\system32>tracert mail.yahoo.com

Tracing route to fo-ds-ats.member.g02.yahoodns.net [IP Removed]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     2 ms     8 ms    40 ms  [IP Removed]
  2    22 ms    13 ms    16 ms  [IP Removed]
  3    11 ms    13 ms    27 ms  109.255.251.126
  4    43 ms    47 ms    31 ms  84.116.238.90
  5     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  6   123 ms    34 ms    44 ms  84-116-130-126.aorta.net [84.116.130.126]
  7    32 ms    39 ms    32 ms  84.116.135.182
  8    33 ms    31 ms    32 ms  pat2.ams.yahoo.com [80.249.209.163]
  9    89 ms    51 ms   142 ms  ae-5.pat2.iry.yahoo.com [66.196.65.154]
10    50 ms    53 ms    49 ms  ae-3.msr2.ir2.yahoo.com [66.196.67.253]
11    54 ms    50 ms    51 ms  UNKNOWN-77-238-186-X.yahoo.com [77.238.186.51]
12    50 ms    51 ms    59 ms  ats1.member.vip.ir2.yahoo.com [188.125.80.138]

Trace complete.

C:\windows\system32>

WindVoyager

I'm pretty sure its not my computer since even my friend can't get to it and they are not only on a different computer but different ISP as well

AmberStarfire

Hopefully it will just come good for you later.

WindVoyager

I've been trying all day long and then some and still nothing. It keeps stating the ID or password is invalid

AmberStarfire

Quote from: WindVoyager on September 11, 2015, 05:03:49 PM
I've been trying all day long and then some and still nothing. It keeps stating the ID or password is invalid

In that case either it could be (though unlikely since your friend also had the problem) or maybe something with their authentication server.

WindVoyager

Some part of me wonders if its not locked for some reason though I don't do anything on it that doesn't deal with my online job so there's no reason what so ever for Yahoo to lock it. It was working just fine then BAM it kicks me out and wont accpet my ID or log in no matter what. And no one else uses this computer or knows the pass or ID

AmberStarfire

It's possible someone else could've gained access and changed your password, but I don't want to worry you unnecessarily.

Did you try resetting your password on your phone or using a different device (you said you can't login there, but you never said if you could reset your password that way)?

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

WindVoyager

I tried thier twitter which is the same as the Facebook, no help what so ever from these people