You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 08:26:06 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Sleep and Brain Health  (Read 439 times)

Offline LiliasTopic starter

Sleep and Brain Health
« on: August 22, 2015, 06:50:15 AM »
In light of the overarching 'work culture' that thinks sleep is a waste of time, I found this extremely interesting, not to mention gratifying:

http://www.theguardian.com/science/neurophilosophy/2015/aug/22/how-to-optimise-your-brains-waste-disposal-system

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Sleep and Brain Health
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 10:19:45 AM »
Because so many of us are cutting our sleep cycles short these days sleep has become an even bigger and more important topic for research.

Offline Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 12:48:02 PM »
I'm a proud sleep achiever. I try to get eight hours a night.

Offline Sir Percival the Gallant

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 11:19:36 PM »
Whatever's going in my head isn't bringing me restful sleep, despite posture and other factors for healthy sleep. Maybe it has something to do with this, but nothing I've found has worked. I wake every morning tired and with pain in numerous parts of my head that never ultimately go away. Even a sleep study failed to find the cause—they think it's psychological. But who knows...maybe there's been rubbish in there that hasn't been cleared for decades.