I have been a fan of Vampire the Masquerade for the better part of 20 years. I have played it in tabletop, pbp, card game, video game, and LARP formats. I even met my better half at a Vampire LARP. Not saying that I am a fanatic about it but it is a game I keep coming back to time and time again. The themes, the concepts, and the variety of myths it covers simply provides a deep and engaging world. Over the years I have played many different characters in many different storylines but there is one story that I want to play out and never had the chance to.
A story that starts in olden times (Dark Ages or further back) and continues to the modern day. Specifically to the Final Nights. To Gehenna when the ancients awake to bring an end to the world of Kindred and Kine alike.
Now if that turned into gibberish for you that's okay. This a No lore? No problem! zone. The base concept to the setting is this. Cain is the first vampire. Cursed to be so by his murder of Abel. He gets lonely sires 3 childer and they embrace 13 childer. Those thirteen become the 3rd Generation. The Antediluvians. The founders of the Clans - different bloodlines representing different vampiric myths and fictions. Over the years the Antediluvians go to sleep or die and fall into the realm of myth and legend. Their children play games of politics and wars with each other throughout the whole of human history.
Pretty simple in concept honestly but with a lot of lore filling it out. Lore that I can teach or point you towards online sources if you need it. Introducing someone to the setting is easy and fun.
So... let me list what I am looking for:
- Using the setting of Vampire the Masquerade but not the rules as anything more than guidelines.
- Starting in the Dark Ages or older time period. Locations and time period are both negotiable.
- A continuing relationship (of whatever kind) over the centuries. Relationship to be discussed and decided with partner.
- Ending in the modern day with the End of Days.
- A partner who is enthusiastic and looking for a long term story. Who and what they - and I - play is entirely up for discussion. I am flexible.
If this interests you pm me. I look forward to hearing from you.