You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 10:55:20 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: OS issues  (Read 635 times)

Offline TsentaTopic starter

OS issues
« on: July 16, 2015, 05:42:12 PM »
So recently I finally managed to save up and buy the parts to build a new PC, but I'm having trouble finding a site I trust to buy Windows 7 from digitally so I can just download and boot right up when I build my system tonight.

Anyone know any trusted software sites that aren't charging an arm and a leg for a digital copy of Windows 7 Professional?

Offline The Dark Raven

Re: OS issues
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 11:29:10 PM »
I got mine from newegg.com.  Can't remember the price, though (and I got the hard-copy, not digital).

Offline Keiro

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 06:59:30 PM »
So recently I finally managed to save up and buy the parts to build a new PC, but I'm having trouble finding a site I trust to buy Windows 7 from digitally so I can just download and boot right up when I build my system tonight.

Anyone know any trusted software sites that aren't charging an arm and a leg for a digital copy of Windows 7 Professional?

DigitalRiver is the only authorized Microsoft online distributor that can distribute ISOs of their OS.

However, you can purchase Windows licenses via Amazon, Newegg, etc. If you still need a copy, let me know.

Offline The Dark Raven

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 08:06:16 PM »
DigitalRiver is the only authorized Microsoft online distributor that can distribute ISOs of their OS.

However, you can purchase Windows licenses via Amazon, Newegg, etc. If you still need a copy, let me know.

FYI:  Microsoft has the ISO on their website.  Looks like that download requires a key already.  Hard copies are still available on newegg and are not bootlegs, as they come with official MS keys (mine and my husband's both did and are legally valid keys per Microsoft).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 08:08:32 PM by The Dark Raven »

Offline Keiro

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 08:48:08 AM »
FYI:  Microsoft has the ISO on their website.  Looks like that download requires a key already.  Hard copies are still available on newegg and are not bootlegs, as they come with official MS keys (mine and my husband's both did and are legally valid keys per Microsoft).

That's why I said if you need a valid license key, one can purchase it from Newegg, Amazon, etc.

Or if you're fortunate enough, have someone who has an MSDN Subscription. I have such a subscription.

But yes. Those downloads from DigitalRiver require an existing license key.