You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 02, 2016, 12:15:45 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: D&D 5E: Waterborne Adventures  (Read 829 times)

Offline eternaldarknessTopic starter

D&D 5E: Waterborne Adventures
« on: June 02, 2015, 02:07:40 PM »
Is there a GM out there willing to run a 5E game who will allow the additional Unearthed Arcana content? In particular, I'm interested in playing a mobile swashbuckling pirate adventurer using the Mariner style from this article: https://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/UA_Waterborne_v3.pdf

Who probably looks like this:

Most likely, he will not be the sharpest tool in the shed, or he'll be of average intelligence at best. He would be strong, nimble, adventurous and somewhat charismatic, so a female companion who is more intelligent would be great.

I'm open to either a solo or two-person game if I can find a GM and a lovely lady to get into trouble with him. Maybe an adventurous, treasure-hunting pirate crew? I'd love to explore a DM's world on a ship, raiding jungle islands and fleeing hostile natives. I even had an idea that my character might be a able to change genders under certain conditions.

For my partner, I would prefer playing opposite a female character, though the player could be male, and once a day posting is preferred. Here's some picture inspiration:

A potential GM should be willing to play more or less by the rules without houseruling major portions of the mechanical content and be willing to post once a day.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:23:15 PM by eternaldarkness »

Offline EvilBeast

Re: D&D 5E: Waterborne Adventures
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 10:01:04 PM »
That could be fun. I'd like to play, or even GM if one cannot be found.

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 10:29:08 PM »
It'd be awesome to find a GM for this. A ship makes for a highly mobile campaign that can change its focus easily and frequently, and makes it easy to bring in new characters or justify drop-outs leaving.

Offline AndyZ

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 10:10:14 PM »
Eternaldarkness, I didn't even know about the Unearthed Arcana stuff until I saw this.  Thank you.

I don't think I'll attempt to run anything again for a while, but if someone is interested, I wouldn't mind joining in.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 09:23:06 PM »
Eternaldarkness, I didn't even know about the Unearthed Arcana stuff until I saw this.  Thank you.

I don't think I'll attempt to run anything again for a while, but if someone is interested, I wouldn't mind joining in.

No problem Andy!

Still looking for a GM! I'd take this on as a swashbuckling solo or two-player game as well. I'd love to play the bodyguard of some princess on the run or a companion to a girl masquerading as a man to get on a ships crew! Could also be a prince or young boy! I don't mind playing alongside a male character either.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 09:25:15 PM by eternaldarkness »

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 03:07:46 AM »
Still looking! Either pirates, privateers, or just some fantasy swashbuckling would be great. I have a vague idea for a zorro-esque character I'd love to play, though he's a fifth level or higher character, at a minimum.

Updated the first post with more detail and pictures.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:19:45 PM by eternaldarkness »

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 09:32:01 AM »
Are there no D&D GM's out there willing to run some fun on the high seas? This would make a great group game with an ever-changing supporting cast as the characters travel from place to place on a ship.

Offline Miroque

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 02:36:27 PM »
@Eternal : If you need your ship"mate" I might throw my treepoint hat on the frey.

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 07:44:14 PM »
Still looking! This would be a great idea for a duo; two players, maybe my character plus a runaway prince or princess? I'm willing to consider giving up on using the UA content if it will get more potential DM's, or even give up on a nautical adventure entirely.