You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 02, 2016, 04:26:14 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Roaring 20ies/Speakeasy/Gangster & Crime Stories [Open to all]  (Read 7124 times)

Offline MaverickKane

Jobs for women in the roaring 20's

Teachers
Social Workers
Nurses
Librarians
Receptionists - The Plaza Hotel (Answer Phones and check in guests and handle minor paper work) and the Hudson's Eight could both use one (Answer phones and handle some minor paper work)
Textile mill
Typists
File Clerks
Stenopgraphers
Dancers
Actors
Artists
Journalists
Singers
Women Activists
Authurs
Maids
Nanny
Home maker/House wives
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 06:54:30 AM by MaverickKane »

Offline MaverickKane

A medium character is desired, hm? I might be able to work out something for that!

Wonderful!

Offline NicholasTopic starter

• Mr. Nice Guy (or so I am told) :-) Jag's Mulder *muse crack* Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) King of Terrible. Always innocent despite what Caedy says. Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • #JeSuisUnAnge #ReallyIAm #BlameMads
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
A medium character is desired, hm? I might be able to work out something for that!
Sounds good! Just... no real ghosts or something.

Offline MaverickKane

Sounds good! Just... no real ghosts or something.

Agreed!

Offline RubySlippers

Jobs for women in the roaring 20's

Teachers
Social Workers
Nurses
Librarians
Receptionists - The Plaza Hotel (Answer Phones and check in guests and handle minor paper work) and the Hudson's Eight could both use one (Answer phones and handle some minor paper work)
Textile mill
Typists
File Clerks
Stenopgraphers
Dancers
Actors
Artists
Journalists
Singers
Women Activists
Authurs
Maids
Nanny
Home maker/House wives

The also had medical providers, professors and scientists as other examples but not a common set of professions but not unheard of nurses were women of course but also medical doctors (practices more limited to the poor, minorities, women and children usually at a charity or public hospital which would be most likely and private practices in say women and children's care).

My Author will be done today she's not Middle Class but not starving likely upper lower class until she writes her first great novel.  ;)

• Mr. Nice Guy (or so I am told) :-) Jag's Mulder *muse crack* Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) King of Terrible. Always innocent despite what Caedy says. Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
The also had medical providers, professors and scientists as other examples but not a common set of professions but not unheard of nurses were women of course but also medical doctors (practices more limited to the poor, minorities, women and children usually at a charity or public hospital which would be most likely and private practices in say women and children's care).

My Author will be done today she's not Middle Class but not starving likely upper lower class until she writes her first great novel.  ;)
As long as she's not wealthy and upper class, it's fine. We're not approving wealthy characters at the moment.

Offline RubySlippers

What fun is a rich Author?   ;)

Anyway the poor can get away with more in many cases as can the rich, most poor don't care what you do if your a decent person with common sense to not be open about things and the rich can buy discretion.

Offline Madame Professor

• Always Procaffeinating, Caffeinatrix
  • Lady Mentor
  • Addict
  • I put the 'Mad' in Madame; Always and in all ways
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Finishing up the history today and will get Marcus submitted for approval.

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
Finishing up the history today and will get Marcus submitted for approval.
Yay!

Offline Madame Professor

• Always Procaffeinating, Caffeinatrix
  • Lady Mentor
  • Addict
  • I put the 'Mad' in Madame; Always and in all ways
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Sorry it has taken so long!

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls

Offline MaverickKane

Indeed there are other professions women could have had back then. I was trying to show a general list of things that came off the top of my head to help potential players. But it is by no means limited to that.

Online GnothiSeauton

• The Baddest Bitch in All the Realm. Mother of The Bieber. Defender of the Brotherfucking Faith. Captain of the Raven. Queen of Gilea. Lover of all things Kenneth Parcell and Lucielle Bluth.
  • Lady
  • Addict
  • Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land by day, Isle of the Damned by night, Church of the Sacred Union every Sunday
  • "Illiteracy?!? What does that word even mean?"
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
Does anyone have a female character role they need filled for their character?  A relation, an employee, an accomplice, etc?

Offline RubySlippers

Wish I knew sooner my character has an NPC girlfriend/lover as in discrete about it living together in a one-bedroom apartment to save money but she would make a good PC or I can change that before the character is approved. The NPC works in the city secretary pool a decent civil service job.

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
Does anyone have a female character role they need filled for their character?  A relation, an employee, an accomplice, etc?
Well, there would be my character Rosario's wife. She's NPC right now (the picture I use is just that. If someone wants to write her, pic can be changed of course). There just wouldn't be any sex written out because I don't do m/f.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 12:19:20 PM by Nicholas »

Offline MomoPeach

Are you all still looking for female characters? I kind of want to play a female reporter.

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
Are you all still looking for female characters? I kind of want to play a female reporter.
Hello! Yes we're still accepting characters. :-)

Offline Loves

• Passion is a feeling of great intensity toward a particular person or activity. To love something or someone with a passion means you feel almost a burning drive to be involved. Loves; passionate by nature and by choice, driven to explore my imagination.
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
  • View My Rolls
Hi there!

I would love to make two fresh face young ladies (secretaries possibly in a typing pool) that live together to share costs, possibly in a building that isn't in the best area of town...  :D

Offline Heartsink

Hey :-) There's currently two apartment threads in Brooklyn: S. 8th Street and Pitkin Avenue with similar prices.

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
Hi there!

I would love to make two fresh face young ladies (secretaries possibly in a typing pool) that live together to share costs, possibly in a building that isn't in the best area of town...  :D
Hello! Sounds good! ;D

And..what Heartsink said!

Offline Loves

• Passion is a feeling of great intensity toward a particular person or activity. To love something or someone with a passion means you feel almost a burning drive to be involved. Loves; passionate by nature and by choice, driven to explore my imagination.
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Awesome!  I'll work on the cs then :) 

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
Awesome!  I'll work on the cs then :)
~thumbs up~ No stress. If you need anything, ask away!

Offline Loves

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls

Faceclaim for Faye Henderson is Jennifer Lawrence

Faceclaim for Audrey Rose Thomas is Scarlett Johansson

Offline MaverickKane

They are beautiful and face claim is yours

Offline Loves

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Thank you :)

I will work on the CS this weekend.