You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 11:58:25 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Private messages not going through?  (Read 273 times)

Offline AlhannaTopic starter

Private messages not going through?
« on: March 02, 2015, 08:52:47 PM »
I'm starting to catch on that some of my messages are just not going through. I'm not sure why and I'm wondering if I'm also not receiving. Any ideas what's going on?

Offline Valthazar

• Writer ͏͏● Educator ● Gamer ● Roleplayer ● Debater ● Tech Connoisseur ● Gym Rat ● Procrastinator ● As they say, "A simple PM may lead to lifelong friendship" ▬▬▬▬
  • Suspended
  • Seducer
  • Proceed and be bold. Embrace your insecurities.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Private messages not going through?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 11:15:45 PM »
If messages are not showing up in the Sent folder, try: My Messages > Preferences > Change Settings > Make sure that "Save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default" is checked.

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 11:39:45 PM »
If messages are not showing up in the Sent folder, try: My Messages > Preferences > Change Settings > Make sure that "Save a copy of each personal message in my sent items by default" is checked.

There are copies and it is checked. However upon asking I learn that the receiver never got said message. This has happened with two separate people that I can verify so far.

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 11:45:28 PM »
There are copies and it is checked. However upon asking I learn that the receiver never got said message. This has happened with two separate people that I can verify so far.

Some people accidentally delete their pms, some people miss them at the end of a page.

Sometimes filters screw up and I'd have to reset things manually -_- But that's rarer than the above two.

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 11:59:10 PM »
Well... Hm. I don't know. I can't say if it's those or if there's a bug. :/

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 12:11:19 AM »
Ask if these friends have their preferences set to string the PMs in a conversation so they are all together in one place or if they have them coming up separately.  If they are separate this causes a lot of traffic in an Inbox and makes it easy to miss messages.

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 12:13:50 AM »
I'll ask... Though apparently I didn't know that was an option! I'll look into myself. Thanks.

Offline Valthazar

• Writer ͏͏● Educator ● Gamer ● Roleplayer ● Debater ● Tech Connoisseur ● Gym Rat ● Procrastinator ● As they say, "A simple PM may lead to lifelong friendship" ▬▬▬▬
  • Suspended
  • Seducer
  • Proceed and be bold. Embrace your insecurities.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 01:49:47 AM »
Ask if these friends have their preferences set to string the PMs in a conversation so they are all together in one place or if they have them coming up separately.

You know... I have wondered why the conversation view isn't the default setting on E.  I think it is the format that most people find easiest.

Online Stella

• The Girl Who Waited, Marquess of Pembroke
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • ever fancied someone you know you shouldn't?
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 01:59:02 AM »
Swapping to conversation view changed my life, haha.

No really, sorta!

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 01:16:41 AM »
You know... I have wondered why the conversation view isn't the default setting on E.  I think it is the format that most people find easiest.

It's buggy.