You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 04:24:04 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Internet connectivity issue~ <fix'd>  (Read 361 times)

Offline BlytheTopic starter

Internet connectivity issue~ <fix'd>
« on: January 22, 2015, 04:09:24 PM »
I seem to be having issues connecting to the internet here. I can access E. That it quite literally the only site I can access from my laptop. When I run the troubleshooting thing, it says there's nothing wrong with my connection. I've tried connecting with ethernet and my wi-fi, but nothing. Seeing as my father can connect fine on his laptop, does anyone know what might be causing this problem and might be able to direct me how to fix it? I'm using a Dell laptop on Windows 8.1, if that makes any difference.

(Did the whole cookies n' cache obligatory clearing, so I know it's nothing to do with that).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 04:51:47 PM by Blythe »

Re: Internet connectivity issue~
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 04:25:44 PM »
Also, got a "General Failure" message when I ran a tracert. Not really sure what that means or what to do about it. All other devices in the household can access just fine.

Offline Lrrr

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 04:41:53 PM »
Could be a couple of things including messed up DNS servers/addresses.  Ask your dad if you can interrupt his connection and then shut off your modem/router - shut off, not restart.  Let it sit for 30 seconds, boot it up, and see if the problem goes away.

Veks may drop by with better ideas in the meantime.

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 04:51:28 PM »
Ah, problem fixed. Was a DNS issue it looks like--I had to jump to Google's DNS and uninstall AVG to get my computer to let me access the internet. Bleh.