You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 10:03:30 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Interest Check: ZODIAC RPG  (Read 316 times)

Offline Xiphon IIITopic starter

Interest Check: ZODIAC RPG
« on: December 17, 2014, 11:36:22 PM »
Alright, prefacing this with the fact that I wouldn't be running this. I'm looking to be a player, running games isn't in my blood.

That said, ZODIAC is a system I'd LOVE to play in, and I think I could find people on this board who'd enjoy it. It's a free system(I can provide links), and it's based on the final fantasy series of games. It uses their stat system, and it's built so you could reasonably make a final fantasy style character. Obviously, it's not limited to solely that, it's just what it was originally meant as.

It runs on a (sort of) point buy system, that's actually relatively simple. Is there anybody who would be interested in playing/running a game on this system?

Offline kckolbe

Re: Interest Check: ZODIAC RPG
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 02:41:37 AM »
I'd be interested in learning and playing it.  So is it based on the Final Fantasy Tactics games?

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 07:41:47 AM »
More like the series in general, but yes, tactics would be included. Basically, every character has a "minor ability" which is a basic thing you can always do. Steal, Jump, etc. The unique character stuff. Everything else you custom build. Like for a Firaga I'd get a Tier 3 magic attack, fire element. That would cost a certain number of tech points. Still interested?

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 07:53:22 AM »
Yeah it sounds pretty interesting.  I'll look it up unless you have something available to use as a guide.

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 08:06:04 AM »
Here, I can supply the homepage for the system itself.

http://zodiac-ffrpg.wikidot.com/start

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 08:27:56 AM »
I like it!  There are a lot of fun options.  I am definitely down for this.

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 08:33:59 AM »
Perfect! Now if we can find a gamerunner and maybe one or two more players,we'll have a full game!