You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 11:59:04 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Idea: Add the ability to roll a die with a post.  (Read 264 times)

Offline AngiejuusanTopic starter

Idea: Add the ability to roll a die with a post.
« on: October 31, 2014, 11:09:57 PM »
I can't describe it in the title very well, but bear with me. I used to rp a lot on Gaia Online, and over there, there was an option to roll a single die when you made a post. Having noticed there's a lot of 3.5 and PF games over here, I was thinking that having the ability to roll a die with your post would be really useful.

Basically, here's how it goes: You would hit a button saying you want to roll a die, then you select number of sides, add a positive or negative modifier, and then when you hit post, the site rolls the indicated die and does the math and puts the die roll as a header above your post. It's just an idea, of course, but I thought I'd throw something out there.

Offline Vekseid

Re: Idea: Add the ability to roll a die with a post.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 11:22:04 PM »
Making this cheat proof was a major problem and have since focused on the new software instead, where I have more permanent control over the schema (my influence on SMF aside, anyway).

Offline AngiejuusanTopic starter

Re: Idea: Add the ability to roll a die with a post.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 12:09:12 AM »
Making this cheat proof was a major problem and have since focused on the new software instead, where I have more permanent control over the schema (my influence on SMF aside, anyway).

That makes sense. Totally understand that, my friend.