You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 12:47:50 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Do the impossible, see the invisible. [M&M, BESM, or Exalted 2e]  (Read 1382 times)

Offline AjoxerTopic starter

Do the impossible, see the invisible. [M&M, BESM, or Exalted 2e]
« on: September 25, 2008, 10:42:19 PM »
In case you haven't guessed, I'd like to participate in a game in the style of Gurren Lagann. Absurdly gigantic mechs, ludicrously awesome achievements, and fighting to bring back humanity from the brink of extinction. M&M, BESM, or Exalted 2e could all probably work fairly well for the game, if anyone's interested in further details, I'd be happy to hash it out.

Re: Do the impossible, see the invisible. [M&M, BESM, or Exalted 2e]
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 12:55:21 AM »
Thinking about this, I think that Exalted would be the best choice, as there's a definite fit. It'd most likely be a Solar Game, featuring Warstriders- and larger, so much larger vehicles- primarily. I think that there'll be plenty of things about the game which'll make it well-suited towards this. The experience style'll most likely be explosive- Characters start pretty standard, but experience will be extremely generous, training times extremely short, etcetera. I'm thinking of ways to work with the vastly differing sizes of vehicles- I'm currently looking at something along the lines of, if there's a difference of 1 'class', the smaller one uses human-level stats, the larger one Warstrider level stats. Any larger than that, and the larger one is, essentially, viciously hostile terrain.

If I were to end up running this, which seems overly likely, then the thing I'd want to do most is make sure that I have a good outline for the path that things will take.

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 10:16:04 PM »
Alright, this is starting to look like one of those 'If you want a job done right' things... How many people think they'd be interested in a game like this? I'd be looking for a circle of five Solars, all of whom would be very much possessed of an indomitable spirit and motivations to match. We'd be starting at normal levels, but I intend to have advancement come fast, and hard. I'll play a little loose with continuity and such, but the general setting will be pretty much the same. I'm thinking that sex will be secondary to rocking the fuck out with awesomeness, but there'll still be some. Who'd be interested?

Offline CirclMastr

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 10:19:29 PM »
Warstriders FTW.  Count me in as Zenith caste.

Offline Jefepato

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 10:34:49 PM »
I'll take Dawn if no one else has their heart set on it.

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 11:04:53 PM »
Some of you may be wondering what the hell I'm talking about. This Youtube video shows a bit of what led to the state of the world that Gurren Lagann's in now, while giving a good idea for the epic music and general epic awesomeness of the series. Feel free to PM me for more information about GL.

Online Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 05:30:58 AM »
Alright, this is starting to look like one of those 'If you want a job done right' things... How many people think they'd be interested in a game like this? I'd be looking for a circle of five Solars, all of whom would be very much possessed of an indomitable spirit and motivations to match. We'd be starting at normal levels, but I intend to have advancement come fast, and hard. I'll play a little loose with continuity and such, but the general setting will be pretty much the same. I'm thinking that sex will be secondary to rocking the fuck out with awesomeness, but there'll still be some. Who'd be interested?
[/quote

Yo! 

Hm....  Circl got Zenith, ey?  hm... 

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 12:48:34 PM »
Keep in mind, whoever you play, there will be an extremely high probability of you being called upon to beat someone the hell up. This game will not be about the delicate and subtle management of an empire, intrigue and court politics, or exploration. This game is about standing up to the evil in the world, and punching it square in the gob with a metal fist the size of a small calf.

Offline CirclMastr

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 03:20:35 PM »
How long will it take to upgrade to metal fists the size of a small building?

Offline Jefepato

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 03:43:13 PM »
How long will it take to upgrade to metal fists the size of a small building?

That ought to depend on how Increasing Strength Exercise interacts with warstriders.

Offline Valkyr

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 04:56:59 PM »
I'd be interested in playing a twilight caste if no one else has dibs.

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 05:58:28 PM »
Looks like you're the first to go for it.

So,
Dawn- Jefepato
Zenith- Circlmastr
Twilight- Valkyr
Unknown- Muse

I'm thinking that we'll only need three characters for the introduction, which I'd like to start soon.

Offline Valkyr

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 06:10:09 PM »
Awesome,  I'll get to work on a crafter/with some combat skills peppered into the mix.

Offline CirclMastr

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 08:31:42 PM »
So, any special house rules for chargen?

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 08:39:57 PM »
Not yet. Normal character creation. Just a few notes:
1: This game WILL be combat-heavy. You're fighting for people's freedom, and you're doing it in the most physical ways possible. Don't worry too much about if you can charm that recalcitrant bureaucrat, because by and large, if you can't solve the problem with violence, you haven't tried hard enough yet.
2: Your Jedi Mind-tricks won't work here. Or rather, you don't really need them. I'm going to say 'take it easy on the mind-controlling social hoo-hah', because you're Solars. You're so god damn awesome, you lead by inspiration. You don't need to screw with someone's mind to make them follow you- They'll follow because you're the hero, and that's all there is to it.

Online Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 01:33:55 PM »
Can you say WHERE here is yet?  Or do you have a way to get us where we're starting yet? 

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 05:31:09 PM »
I'll need some sheets to define exactly where, but I'm looking to have an initial couple of characters, most likely Jefepato and Circl, in a small Southern tribe, nomads. Two-three others will probably be a part of a small city. It'll take place in the South, the game'll start with the discovery of a rather strange artifact in the Southern tribe, and incredibly huge trouble.

Online Muse

• Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 10:40:02 PM »
I'll need some sheets to define exactly where, but I'm looking to have an initial couple of characters, most likely Jefepato and Circl, in a small Southern tribe, nomads. Two-three others will probably be a part of a small city. It'll take place in the South, the game'll start with the discovery of a rather strange artifact in the Southern tribe, and incredibly huge trouble.

Thanks, that gives me something to work with... 

And we begin as starting level solar exalts.  *nods* 

Online Muse

• Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 10:43:08 PM »
Okay, Night Caste please. 

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 07:08:40 AM »
http://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=21775.0

Alright, Jefepato starts, Circl coming in soon after. It'll probably be a little while before Valkyr gets to join in, and Muse, and whoever else we get, enters during the second episode. Remember to check the OOC topic in the same board.

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 10:21:16 AM »
Alright, we're still looking for an Eclipse Caste for later, and Muse, get that Night Caste up and running now so you needn't do it later!

Offline Rhapsody

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2008, 09:10:50 PM »
Can I have a Five-Metal Shrike?  Cos if you're talking badass transports baby, that's the way to go.

I'd ask for a Titan-Class Aerial Citadel, but I already know where one of those is.

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2008, 02:06:26 PM »
Not until we get a little bit further into the game. And I intend to lift the level of 'awesome things that are huge' just a tad in this game...